Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    This really has little to do with the NBA, and more to do with people not watching TV in general.

http://www.insideradio.com/free/of--...5f5c489bd.html
    Yea everyone streams everything or watches Netflix.

I have youtubetv for league pass tnt and espn and other than that I have Netflix. No cable service and will never have cable again Id say.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    No Steph, No KD, no warriors super team, little to no Melo, no Wade, no dirk, etc.
    lmao at including melo.
    no one watches for melo. no one.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The issue here isn't the players in the 2-6 range. It's that Harden gets 2x more FT than the #6 guy and he's not a bruiser.
    i cant even disagree with this... giannis drives so much so there is at least reasons for him.... harden out here shooting 15 a game xD

maybe if they reduce the amount of sponsors, timeouts and other game delaying **** i would consider watching some more. RIght now its literally more commercials then actual basketball. A game with 48 minutes of pure playtime can take up to 3 hours of nonstop replays garbage with very little actual entertaining basketball going on. Also wade is retired so yeah, little reason to stil watch NBA anyway

I actually would say this is the most basketball I've watched since prime Rose Bulls.

I feel like there is loads more parody IMHO.

Mavs, Houston, Clippers, Raps, Heat, Suns, Bucks, Lakers, Jazz, Celtics. I get not all teams created equal, but at one point it was just, Warriors.......and whomever they were going to face in the championship. It ****ing sucked.

This year I could see it swinging multiple ways with a couple top heavy teams, but some fair game across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    lmao at including melo.
    I know a lot of people whos favorite player is Melo so yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by archdevil84 View Post
    maybe if they reduce the amount of sponsors, timeouts and other game delaying **** i would consider watching some more. RIght now its literally more commercials then actual basketball. A game with 48 minutes of pure playtime can take up to 3 hours of nonstop replays garbage with very little actual entertaining basketball going on. Also wade is retired so yeah, little reason to stil watch NBA anyway
    Your favorite team is looking great and we could use your activity on the Heat forum

I been saying it for awhile, nba needs to get rid of some small market teams.

Theres to many bad teams in the nba, theres no point watching the majority of nba games.

And people are sick of the lazy low iq basketball product the nba is putting out. Until nba playoffs start, the nba regular season is pointless.

We all know who is making the playoffs right now, barring injury, and were not even at all star break yet.

I think ratings are down because the NBA players don't seem to care all that much about the regular season, so how are the fans supposed to care?

Also, cord cutting. The NBA's cost to stream their games is outrageous compared to other stream-able entertainment. I wonder if some of these streamers would dare get involved in a bidding war for the rights to sports? Imagine being able to pay an extra few bucks a month to get NBA or MLB games on Netflix. And then have a nightly highlight show that can be streamed. I'd pay more for that.

Well for one when you have stars sitting out resting its becomes more apparent that the regular season doesn't mean anything.

Another thing is that they make it very hard for you to be able to watch your team by having 15 different channels and some of them being specialiy channels that you have to pay extra for. I know in Toronto it couple be on Sportsnet and TSN then you have sportsnet1 and tsn1, it's not like you can just order these channels either you have to get a bundle pack of 60 other channels that youll never watch.. Then they take down the reddit streams and other streams just give you a virus and it gets to a point when you're like **** it

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Well for one when you have stars sitting out resting its becomes more apparent that the regular season doesn't mean anything.

Another thing is that they make it very hard for you to be able to watch your team by having 15 different channels and some of them being specialiy channels that you have to pay extra for. I know in Toronto it couple be on Sportsnet and TSN then you have sportsnet1 and tsn1, it's not like you can just order these channels either you have to get a bundle pack of 60 other channels that youll never watch.. Then they take down the reddit streams and other streams just give you a virus and it gets to a point when you're like **** it
    Yup. It's funny, prior to the season, NBA TV was included but as soon as the season started, it went away and became a specialty channel, like you were referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Yup. It's funny, prior to the season, NBA TV was included but as soon as the season started, it went away and became a specialty channel, like you were referencing.
    In canada you can't even get NBA league pass.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    In canada you can't even get NBA league pass.
    Oh wow, I didn't know that. I did it a few seasons ago where you pick a couple teams you want to watch but it was dumb because some of the games for the teams I selected were blacked out.

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    lmao at including melo.
    Gotta agree. Seeing 'melo's name listed as a reason why ratings are down is comical.
    Over the past decade or so the league has managed to thrive despite the fact that there are hardly ever any upsets in the postseason; the favored team almost always wins over the course of 5 or 7 games. The "inevitability" element of their postseasons certainly hasn't helped. In turn, for the most part, everyone knew who'd be competing in The Finals (Golden St vs. Cleveland) prior to the start of the season almost every year.
    Finally, the fact that realistically only 4, maybe 5 teams have a legit chance to go all the way. And a number of years it was even less than 4 or 5. Goes without saying the NFL playoffs are much more compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I think ratings are down because the NBA players don't seem to care all that much about the regular season, so how are the fans supposed to care?

Also, cord cutting. The NBA's cost to stream their games is outrageous compared to other stream-able entertainment. I wonder if some of these streamers would dare get involved in a bidding war for the rights to sports? Imagine being able to pay an extra few bucks a month to get NBA or MLB games on Netflix. And then have a nightly highlight show that can be streamed. I'd pay more for that.
    I know I don't speak for everyone but the bolded point is why I don't watch, along side the fact that the Pistons are a chore to watch. There is little reason for me to care about the regular season when the only thing that matters is the postseason, and even then the last few years told me that we only really care about the CF and NBA finals. With this season seemingly being more open I can see the post season being more interesting but that does not do much to help the regular season.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast