Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

NBA Ratings down 22% on TNT, 19% on ESPN, 13% on RSN's

With stuff like this travel allowed to continue, it's no shock to me that ratings are down:

https://twitter.com/BroBible/status/...682140674?s=20

Source:
    https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/statu...758583296?s=11
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

No Steph, No KD, no warriors super team, little to no Melo, no Wade, no dirk, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    No Steph, No KD, no warriors super team, little to no Melo, no Wade, no dirk, etc.

You replace Wade, Melo and Dirk with Giannis, Harden, Kawhi. I would personally take Giannis/Harden/Kawhi over Dirk, Wade , Melo.

Last year the excuses were that lebrons not playing much and that he needed another star to come save him and get media attention. How he has a star and ratings are still down.

I think some of it is that ESPN and other media markets still hate small market teams and give teams like the Knicks way more attention that great small market teams. Because hey, **** them. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    You replace Wade, Melo and Dirk with Giannis, Harden, Kawhi. I would personally take Giannis/Harden/Kawhi over Dirk, Wade , Melo.

Last year the excuses were that lebrons not playing much and that he needed another star to come save him and get media attention. How he has a star and ratings are still down.

I think some of it is that ESPN and other media markets still hate small market teams and give teams like the Knicks way more attention that great small market teams. Because hey, **** them. Right?
    You’d be wrong in taking them but I meant more so that those players had huge fan bases and them being out might’ve caused a lot of people to not watch or care as much as in the past.

Media could definitely play a part in it, that’s why I’m glad they finally didn’t put the Knicks on Christmas and actually tried to give us good matchups every game.

Its because the product sucks. Its unfortunate that your guy is in Milk. I don't think his game translates to playoff basketball that well but at least he cares about the games and is competitive. They've taken all the physicality out of the game plus most guys really don't care about the regular season. Its just not a very good product. Mello is the best story in the league right now. Why? Because he cares. He is trying to prove people wrong. I've never been a big Melo fan but I do think that is fun to watch.
    Last edited by ewing; 12-05-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its because the product sucks. Its unfortunate that your guy is in Milk. I don't think his game translates to playoff basketball well but at least he cares about the games and is competitive. They've taken all the physicality out of the game plus most guys really don't care about the regular season. Its just not a very good product
    Like I've said before, I'm a fan of one team and one team only. Videos like the lebron travel in the first post is what turned me off in 06 from basketball. I endured the years of Bogut, Desmond Mason, and Michael Redd and watching those guys get no calls vs guys like Lebron soured me. The NBA is more comparable to the WWE than any other sport.

Like I've said before, I'm a fan of one team and one team only. Videos like the lebron travel in the first post is what turned me off in 06 from basketball. I endured the years of Bogut, Desmond Mason, and Michael Redd and watching those guys get no calls vs guys like Lebron soured me. The NBA is more comparable to the WWE than any other sport.
    the refs don't even watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When Giannis joins the Heat in 2021 free agency that will help with ratings definitely. All top 5 players will be in a large market then

Reminds me of Bill Simmons' call to cut the number of games to 72 and hold midseason tournaments with weighted wins at stake. The players would certainly care more about that than they do about the current 82-game season.
    Also, the games and everything associated with the NBA cost too much. Hopefully it all keeps decreasing in value.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    You had me until you said no warriors super team.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Its because the NFL is super hyped up this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    You had me until you said no warriors super team.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Haha well I mean I feel like people were tuned in to them a lot, 1 because there were tons of bandwagon fans and 2 because if you weren’t you wanted to see them lose. I personally hated them so I’m glad they’re not together anymore.

I think ive watched more regular season basketball this year so far than I did all of last year
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

The ratings are up in Canada!
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Too many stars out west and the collapse of GS and injuries to KD have given east coast people less of a reason to stay up/watch. Also maybe some China backlash?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast