Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    To many whiny, social media obsessed, thin skinned, load managing, jerk offs that canít stop telling you about how they are business men. Seriously anyone who brags about being a business man is a tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    You replace Wade, Melo and Dirk with Giannis, Harden, Kawhi. I would personally take Giannis/Harden/Kawhi over Dirk, Wade , Melo.

Last year the excuses were that lebrons not playing much and that he needed another star to come save him and get media attention. How he has a star and ratings are still down.

I think some of it is that ESPN and other media markets still hate small market teams and give teams like the Knicks way more attention that great small market teams. Because hey, **** them. Right?
    Harden flops, his beard covers any true expression on his face. Youíre talking about 3 of the most boring personalities in the NBA today. Gianni, Kawhi and Harden.

Melo, Wade and Dirk had personality and intrigue.... oh and actually tried to play in every game possible barring real injuries. They didnít cheat the sport like a certain someone.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    I think ive watched more regular season basketball this year so far than I did all of last year
    I've watched more so far this year than I did the past 3 or 4 years combined. The Warriors made it a snoozefest, now its wide open.

I've only seen 2 games this year, but it's only because it seems like there's only 1 game a night that isn't a league pass game
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

i mean the sixers/lakers/celtics/bucks can only do so much

https://www.libertyballers.com/2019/...ason-on-record

now lets look at last seasons social media most viewed

Golden State Warriors
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Miami Heat
    Boston Celtics
    San Antonio Spurs
    Houston Rockets
    Toronto Raptors
    Philadelphia 76ers
    Dallas Mavericks
    Cleveland Cavaliers

Now lets look at attendance

http://www.espn.com/nba/attendance

here is the teams that get the most national televised games this season

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/08/13/...levised-games/

warriors are going to hurt the ratings so bad but its not the scheduling issue... just unlucky break really.

nost televised games this season by team

lakers
    warriors
    clippers
    rockets
    sixers.
    bucks
    boston
    blazers
    pelicans
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-06-2019 at 04:00 AM.

traveling isnt the issue.... there is 2 major issues with the nba and one is a continual thing...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/pla...rows-attempted

the game is becoming a free throw contest...

1 James Harden Houston Rockets SG 14.90
    2 Giannis Antetokounmpo Milwaukee Bucks SF 11.00
    3 Luka Doncic Dallas Mavericks SF 9.52
    4 Jimmy Butler Miami Heat PF 8.59
    5 Joel Embiid Philadelphia 76ers C 8.29
    6 Anthony Davis Los Angeles Lakers PF 7.95
    7 Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers PG 7.50
    8 Trae Young Atlanta Hawks PG 7.43
    9 Bradley Beal Washington Wizards SG 6.89
    10 De'Aaron Fox Sacramento Kings PG 6.89

nobody in the world should avg double digit FTA per game but the drop off from the first guy to the 11th guy in KL of damn near 15-6 is insanity.... right now you cant look at harden/giannis/luka without a foul being called... lebron james in his 17 year career was at 10 fta per game 3 times and under 9 11 plus times in his career while being under 7 quite a bit and all he did was drive and get hacked a ton... harden has played 11 seasons he has been above 10 fta per game in 8 of those 11 seasons... 6 straight seasons he has had 10 plus fta per game... I like harden now and i defend him but i dont want to watch guys live at the line all game

here is the stats per team from last year to this year for FTA and its nuts how the majority have gone up

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2019-12-05

the 2nd thing is replays.... the replay stuff should not be in this sport unless its in the final 3 minutes of a basketball game... there is 48 minutes of basketball played and no team should whine/cry about losing because of 1 missed call unless that missed call happens literally in the final few minutes of a game... i watched a 4 minute replay the other night on a call that was so obvious all the refs had to do was look up on the replay screen.

Nobody wants to watch 6 replays a game at 2-3 minutes a pop/plus 900 commercials on top of a free throw shooting contest.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-06-2019 at 04:16 AM.

The game is ****, that's why ratings are down.

The league is money and business oriented.

They wanted more scoring and offense because that's what sells.

The problem is 90 percent of teams play the same way.

They want historical offenses and players putting historic numbers, so the media and advance stats people can drool all over guys and write analysis and hype articles to promote the game. All they care about is franchise values rising and tv contracts, which is fine to a certain degree but I think that's all they care about vs. keeping basketball more genuine.

The game has become so soft that it is turning off some viewers (not the whole reason, but some of the fan-base feel this way). There is minimal variety just shooting 3's and a flop fest. A lot of people don't want to watch Harden scoring 40 with half of his points coming off of fts. I think tipping the scales too much for offense has led to somewhat of a draw back.

Like others said too, the regular season seems pointless with all the tanking and resting. Which sends a message to the fans that the real season starts in late April.
    Last edited by Heediot; 12-06-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    The game is ****, that's why ratings are down.
    I wouldn't go this far, but the league more or less disallowing physical defense and player coddling are my big turnoffs with the league right now (load management, FT parade, etc....).

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I've watched more so far this year than I did the past 3 or 4 years combined. The Warriors made it a snoozefest, now its wide open.
    I can see that, I wouldn't go that far for me. I usually pick up basketball after the superbowl and start watching it a lot then... Last year Bron got hurt on Christmas, so I didn't watch regular season hardly at all last year... I watched a few when he came back. This year ive watched all Nat. TV'd Lakers games with a few others sprinkled in.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    traveling isnt the issue.... there is 2 major issues with the nba and one is a continual thing...

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/pla...rows-attempted

the game is becoming a free throw contest...

1 James Harden Houston Rockets SG 14.90
    2 Giannis Antetokounmpo Milwaukee Bucks SF 11.00
    3 Luka Doncic Dallas Mavericks SF 9.52
    4 Jimmy Butler Miami Heat PF 8.59
    5 Joel Embiid Philadelphia 76ers C 8.29
    6 Anthony Davis Los Angeles Lakers PF 7.95
    7 Damian Lillard Portland Trail Blazers PG 7.50
    8 Trae Young Atlanta Hawks PG 7.43
    9 Bradley Beal Washington Wizards SG 6.89
    10 De'Aaron Fox Sacramento Kings PG 6.89

nobody in the world should avg double digit FTA per game but the drop off from the first guy to the 11th guy in KL of damn near 15-6 is insanity.... right now you cant look at harden/giannis/luka without a foul being called... lebron james in his 17 year career was at 10 fta per game 3 times and under 9 11 plus times in his career while being under 7 quite a bit and all he did was drive and get hacked a ton... harden has played 11 seasons he has been above 10 fta per game in 8 of those 11 seasons... 6 straight seasons he has had 10 plus fta per game... I like harden now and i defend him but i dont want to watch guys live at the line all game

here is the stats per team from last year to this year for FTA and its nuts how the majority have gone up

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/sta...ate=2019-12-05

the 2nd thing is replays.... the replay stuff should not be in this sport unless its in the final 3 minutes of a basketball game... there is 48 minutes of basketball played and no team should whine/cry about losing because of 1 missed call unless that missed call happens literally in the final few minutes of a game... i watched a 4 minute replay the other night on a call that was so obvious all the refs had to do was look up on the replay screen.

Nobody wants to watch 6 replays a game at 2-3 minutes a pop/plus 900 commercials on top of a free throw shooting contest.
    The issue here isn't the players in the 2-6 range. It's that Harden gets 2x more FT than the #6 guy and he's not a bruiser.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

seriously, is no one else bothered by the fact that 90% of games are league pass only now?

am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

This really has little to do with the NBA, and more to do with people not watching TV in general.

http://www.insideradio.com/free/of--...5f5c489bd.html

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast