Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    The big broadcasters, Comcast, directtv, dish cost a ton. Take Canada for example, they donít have the issue and viewership is at an all time high. Specifically speaking for my Nuggets, Altitude hasnít agreed on a deal with Comcast or Dish. So fans are streaming games. Comcast now has more people using only WiFi. There are products like slingplayer that reduce ratings. In fact all of tv has declined. Itís not a surprise the top tv shows all come from your basic package. People are moving away from these broadcasters because there are cheaper options.

Itís not an NBA issue, and I would bet anything NBA isnít down 20 percent. The bigger issue is streaming services are a major competitor and cost much less. Even Comcast has already thought about reducing costs and dropping networks and channels because they canít compete.
    Well Iím red faced. I never would have guessed veiwership would be up in Canada after last year. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It probably depends on the market but the Cs viewership is actually up this year by 15% and the local broadcast gets way more viewership when they go up against the ESPN/TNT broadcasts.

Also, I think the rampant super star turnover is playing a role. Itís almost like there too much movement itís hard to keep track of the players or expected that they go somewhere. I think thatís sort of killer rivalries etc. so there is less interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    It probably depends on the market but the Cs viewership is actually up this year by 15% and the local broadcast gets way more viewership when they go up against the ESPN/TNT broadcasts.

Also, I think the rampant super star turnover is playing a role. Itís almost like there too much movement itís hard to keep track of the players or expected that they go somewhere. I think thatís sort of killer rivalries etc. so there is less interest.

I donít think player turnover plays that big of a role. The NBA marketing strategy is always been player first, not team. I watch Lebron, Kawhi, Kemba when I can. Audience likes watching the special players. DNPs are a bigger issue but still ESPN and TNT draw games from bigger markets. But who honestly likes watching games being broadcasted by announcers that know nothing about your team?

Like Reggie Miller is an idiot when it comes to the Nuggets. Blatantly stupid and I donít even bother turning on TNT games when he is in the booth.

Idk how factual it is, but if true, that's good!

When you have stars taking the regular rest days or sitting out with suspect injuries it's telling fans they don't take the regular season seriously. If they don't, why should the fans?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    When you have stars taking the regular rest days or sitting out with suspect injuries it's telling fans they don't take the regular season seriously. If they don't, why should the fans?
    Nailed it and itís obvious. People seem to hate looking under there nose these days. People seem to think making thinks convoluted is a sign of intelligence

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Because the key sports watching demographic, 18-49, are all getting rid of cable. The NFL is having the same problem. NBA ratings are low because TV ratings are low.
    How is this a problem for the NFL? Most of their games is on basic television....

I stopped watching because of Bulls management and how utter trash they are and how teams don't play defense anymore. Only things I'll watch is Inside the NBA and the Clippers if I do watch some games or shows. This all offense crap is boring now, rather watch a good hard nose defensive game.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I stopped watching because of Bulls management and how utter trash they are and how teams don't play defense anymore. Only things I'll watch is Inside the NBA and the Clippers if I do watch some games or shows. This all offense crap is boring now, rather watch a good hard nose defensive game.
    You should join HeatNation then.

Wire cutters

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wire cutters
    Bomb squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I know a lot of people whoís favorite player is Melo so yes they do.
    nope. i just got off the phone with melo's mom. she doesn't even watch his games.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Nailed it and itís obvious. People seem to hate looking under there nose these days. People seem to think making thinks convoluted is a sign of intelligence

Well said.

It helps that superstars like LeBron lead by example and never take games off. Fans like you and I can enjoy his talent without ever worrying about him coasting.

Honestly, I think the new political nature of sports has something to do with it. The NBA has alienated half the country by putting their political views at the forefront. If you're constantly belittling half the country, that half may lose interest in your product.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast