Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Well said.

It helps that superstars like LeBron lead by example and never take games off. Fans like you and I can enjoy his talent without ever worrying about him coasting.
    I really hate that he learned to shoot at 33. he is fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't even watch the NBA anymore. Not even my Wolves (but that is due more to their absolute dysfunction and I am done with it). Today's league is boring as ****. Can't touch anyone, every team jacks up a million 3s a game, regardless of position or accuracy, there is no identifiable star worth liking really, and the stars shoved down our throats are either unwatchable (Harden), or boring (Giannis going 1-5 all night).

Maybe it's cause I am 44, but the game was for sure better, 'Back in my day'. It's like a forced math equation nowadays, with guys drawing shooting fouls 89 feet from the basket, and players making more money to sit on the bench than god makes. It's ridiculous honestly.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I don't even watch the NBA anymore. Not even my Wolves (but that is due more to their absolute dysfunction and I am done with it). Today's league is boring as ****. Can't touch anyone, every team jacks up a million 3s a game, regardless of position or accuracy, there is no identifiable star worth liking really, and the stars shoved down our throats are either unwatchable (Harden), or boring (Giannis going 1-5 all night).

Maybe it's cause I am 44, but the game was for sure better, 'Back in my day'. It's like a forced math equation nowadays, with guys drawing shooting fouls 89 feet from the basket, and players making more money to sit on the bench than god makes. It's ridiculous honestly.
    Honestly, how different was the game 10 years ago?

The main difference was the hype that the Miami trio brought which was something new, Kobe's final seasons, the Celtics' Big Three on their last step, the NYK trying to become relevant again whilst the West was still competitive with the Spurs and Mavericks having seasoned veterans.

Apart from that, the game is pretty much the same. I've had the same complaints with it I had when I signed up on PSD but I do agree that it's a bit more exaggerated now.

Now people are bored of top players teaming up and most great talent is new so there's not much of a following.

There's also the fact that the USA does not produce top talent anymore. Too many of the best players from this generation come from Europe. The fanbase that the NBA has tailored the game for in the last 15 years does not relate with these players so much.

Co-Signed. Still fun to discuss though.

Agreed the entire league is the same.

Everyone running the same iso system, looking to get the same exact players.

Fundamentals dont even matter anymore, and arent even being taught. Its just jack up the 3, or drive the ball and get a layup or fouled.

Its the only professional league where a coaches main job is to motivate the players to actually try. The entire nba is on chill mode until playoffs, who wants watch this crap.

LeBron ruined the league

The NFL always takes precedent over the NBA this time of the year... That said, I'm pretty sure the ratings declining could also have something to do with the league being full of liberal d-bag SJWs... When you "call out" alleged oppression in this country, but decline to call out REAL oppression going on in eastern Asia (to protect your bottom dollar), yeh, many of the fans are going to grow disillusioned with the brand that you represent. Just food for thought.

To quote Laura Ingraham: "Shut up and dribble."

Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    The NFL always takes precedent over the NBA this time of the year... That said, I'm pretty sure the ratings declining could also have something to do with the league being full of liberal d-bag SJWs... When you "call out" alleged oppression in this country, but decline to call out REAL oppression going on in eastern Asia (to protect your bottom dollar), yeh, many of the fans are going to grow disillusioned with the brand that you represent. Just food for thought.

To quote Laura Ingraham: "Shut up and dribble."
    Im sure this has nothing to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

I could care less about their political views. Just play some defense for **** sake.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I could care less about their political views. Just play some defense for **** sake.
    They play the defense they're allowed to. If you breathe in the ballhandler's general direction it's two free throws.

Exactly put out a good product and people will watch. I could care less if they are left, right, middle, etc

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Disagree, the NBA kow-towing to China wasn't a good look, and that's just facts.

No one is talking about their political views. I'm talking about a certain segment exercising the right to their views when it's convenient (i.e., calling out perceived "injustice" in this country). But failing to call out real injustice in order not to offend a foreign government. Moreover, in LeMao James' case, he was on record being in favor of Morey being fined/facing stiff penalties for exercising his right to free speech, because the former deemed that what the latter said was potentially damaging to the league's brand.

If you're going to shut up and dribble on one issue, then shut up and dribble on ALL issues. Most americans who watch sports don't like that kind of hypocritical ish.
    Last edited by Dré; 01-05-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456