Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Signing Teddy is a mistake IMO. He's solid, but you're going to have to pay him 25M+ AAV. That's tough to swallow for a game manager.
    I agree the price tag feels steep, but Mitch's 5th year option is 24m, IIRC. It is either a rookie on rookie wage scale or 25m+ for QB play these days. Good work if you can get it!

CHICAGO BEARS
    Mitchell Trubisky put together one of his better performances of the season outside of one bad red-zone interception on the Bears’ first drive. Trubisky had three red-zone touchdowns. Trubisky also effectively used his legs to pick up yards, including a 23-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter.

Allen Robinson beat Byron Jones on a slant route for a touchdown in the second quarter. Robinson caught a second touchdown pass in the first half after just beating Jaylon Smith on a curl route in the end zone.

Anthony Miller caught a screen pass and made a nice spin move to avoid tacklers and reach the end zone for a 14-yard touchdown in the third quarter.

The Bears' defense did a good job of pressuring Dak Prescott, which included a big second half from star defensive end Khalil Mack. The Bears star edge defender had a few pass-rush wins against left tackle Tyron Smith.

Cornerback Kyle Fuller dropped an interception in the first half where he had a terrific break on the ball, but he was unable to bring it in to complete the turnover.
    PFF https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-14...las-cowboys-24

I've been hating on Mitch all season but he was great last night and noone can deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    I agree the price tag feels steep, but Mitch's 5th year option is 24m, IIRC. It is either a rookie on rookie wage scale or 25m+ for QB play these days. Good work if you can get it!
    Does it work the same way with Floyd where the the option can be voided if he's released, or whatever (still not entirely sure if that's the case with Floyd)?

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Does it work the same way with Floyd where the the option can be voided if he's released, or whatever (still not entirely sure if that's the case with Floyd)?
    I believe it is guaranteed for injury only, but not 100% sure on that.

I believe it is guaranteed for injury only, but not 100% sure on that.
    Which is a risky thing to do with a QB that's gotten hurt 2 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Which is a risky thing to do with a QB that's gotten hurt 2 years in a row.
    Or one that can go have shoulder surgery any time he wants...

Mitch could literally go in for a scope and get the guarantee.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Blah Blah Blah View Post
    Raiders & Chargers games hurt worse imo. Had both games essentially in the bag only to throw it away. Win those ..the Bears are at 9-4 and in control of WC spot as well as being right there for division.
    Well that goes without saying. Those L's were the type of **** I thought this franchise was done with after last year. The type of losses that kept us out of the playoffs when Lovie was coaching.

Hopefully Mitch plays well enough to raise his value to a level in which we could get a decent pick for him and sign Teddy. Mitch certainly has upside, I just feel he always has a few throws a game where he recklessly throws it right to the defense. That will cost you wins in the playoffs and/or against elite teams.
    He had 3 of those throws last night. 1 got picked. Throw made no sense. 2 somehow squeezed between multiple defenders for big plays. I agree though. He takes some odd risks sometimes that leave you scratching your head. Cutler did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    He had 3 of those throws last night. 1 got picked. Throw made no sense. 2 somehow squeezed between multiple defenders for big plays. I agree though. He takes some odd risks sometimes that leave you scratching your head. Cutler did the same thing.
    They do the same thing but with different reasons. Cutler thought his arm was so good that he could squeeze the ball in wherever he wanted. Mitch either throws the ball terribly inaccurately into a pick or fails to read the coverage properly.

The thing is, Mitch's problems are imminently fixable if his footwork and mental sharpness improve. But we've been waiting on that for three years. Nobody could ever convince Cutler not to try and rifle it in wherever he wanted.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Toovs is OBVIOUSLY the key to the bears winning.

IIRC, he was the OP for most of the wins last season.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    You'd be correct. Let's keep this rolling.

Blams should ban himself if he even thinks of making another GT.

Our season depends on it.

Outside of the red zone pick, and some odd throws/decisions, Mitch had a phenomenal game last night. Do I still want him back next year? Absolutely not. But let's just ride the wave... hopefully to the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    Outside of the red zone pick, and some odd throws/decisions, Mitch had a phenomenal game last night. Do I still want him back next year? Absolutely not. But let's just ride the wave... hopefully to the playoffs.
    He's gonna go Joe Flacco on us and ride this wave all the way to the Super Bowl. Then Pace will give him a lifetime extension with a $50M cap hit for the next 12 years.

Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast