Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 316
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    6,865
    If there was ever a time to fire a defensive coach it would be now. For two straight games this defense has yielded 40 or more points and today it was well over 500 yards total offense for the other team. If this game doesn't cost Guenther his job I don't know what will. It was completely inexcusable.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That Farm House, There.
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I hear you, we're just pulling hard for the team. I just don't think Carr is the guy to get it done. The only way I see him remaining is that they feel it's the D's fault. Although we did get shut out in the 2nd half.
    I feel that may be true.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,538
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Ok, I'm ready to call it: Raiders 17 - Tennessee 14.

    Now watch them get blown out again by 3 scores just to spite me.
    Well, I guess the team chose to spite me.

    Looking at our remaining schedule, will we finish better than 8 - 8? I'm not saying players have quit, but it's been almost a month since I've seen this team compete for 4 quarters. We all know that losing is far more contagious than winning, especially with a young team.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    If there was ever a time to fire a defensive coach it would be now. For two straight games this defense has yielded 40 or more points and today it was well over 500 yards total offense for the other team. If this game doesn't cost Guenther his job I don't know what will. It was completely inexcusable.
    The anemic tackling didn't help either. The D IS REALLY A MESS.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    The other elephant in the room that we have to consider is Jon Gruden's 10 year contract. If his contract was for 5 years would he stick with Carr, make changes on defense by bringing an advisor or institute other changes?

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    The other elephant in the room that we have to consider is Jon Gruden's 10 year contract. If his contract was for 5 years would he stick with Carr, make changes on defense by bringing an advisor or institute other changes?
    If he's that blind to see that the D needs help, then he should be fired.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,604


    Tank for CeeDee Lamb..

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    54,604
    Grant Delpit or Isiah Simmons would be nice other 1st round picks..

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,538
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    The other elephant in the room that we have to consider is Jon Gruden's 10 year contract. If his contract was for 5 years would he stick with Carr, make changes on defense by bringing an advisor or institute other changes?
    Gruden wishes there was a way to get his hands on Burrows. I am of the mindset that Gruden isn't a QB whisperer at all and we're doomed with no matter who the QB is. The problem is him and his system. And being an offensive minded coach, there's no way this team will ever make building a dominant defense a priority. It's just not his philosophy. He still thinks that he can build "one offense to rule the world." Delusional.

    Now juxtapose that with someone like, say, Mike Tomlin, who is playing with his 4th string QB -- that's right, I said 4th string -- and is still chalking up wins, primarily because that defense is consistently good year in and year out.

    Bottom line: We're screwed for the next 8 years, unless Gruden elects to walk away. I firmly believe that. Of course, Gruden, if you're out there listening, by all means please feel free to prove me wrong.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Pretty much. 7-9. Better than last year, at least. Can't expect a team of rookies to do much.
    I looked at the average years of experience for the Titans vs the Raiders and the Titans avg 4.25 years of NFL experience and the Raiders avg. 3.68 years of experience. I then looked at the rookie contributions and their rookies (other than Jacobs) are out producing our rookies. As I see it, it comes down to two things culture and coaching. Knock on wood if you agree with me.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,299

    NFL Week 14: Tennessee Titans(7-5) @ Oakland Raiders(6-6)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    What would you rate Carr as a QB? And be honest.

    Jamarcus, Horrible, Bad, Average, Good, Great, Elite - Choose one.
    Somewhere between Rusty Hilger and Andrew Walter...Marc Wilson was better because he competed.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    15,927
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Carr fans explain to me why carr just threw it away on 4th and 1?
    He quit...again?

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Going back through the last few drives and cannot see a time when 12 is completely open with regular broadcast. Can you share the coaches cam angle?
    Brown takes fumble recovery to the house
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=282...pnapi_internal via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

    Stop this video at 14 seconds in and you will be free he is wide open 10 yards further downfield but Captain checkdown strikes again
    Last edited by maledicent; 12-08-2019 at 09:07 PM.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,299
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He quit...again?

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís been my experience that quitters tend to remain quitters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    I looked at the average years of experience for the Titans vs the Raiders and the Titans avg 4.25 years of NFL experience and the Raiders avg. 3.68 years of experience. I then looked at the rookie contributions and their rookies (other than Jacobs) are out producing our rookies. As I see it, it comes down to two things culture and coaching. Knock on wood if you agree with me.
    Maybe it's just the coaching. Just curious to see what they do in the off season.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •