Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    If there was ever a time to fire a defensive coach it would be now. For two straight games this defense has yielded 40 or more points and today it was well over 500 yards total offense for the other team. If this game doesn't cost Guenther his job I don't know what will. It was completely inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I hear you, we're just pulling hard for the team. I just don't think Carr is the guy to get it done. The only way I see him remaining is that they feel it's the D's fault. Although we did get shut out in the 2nd half.
    I feel that may be true.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Ok, I'm ready to call it: Raiders 17 - Tennessee 14.

Now watch them get blown out again by 3 scores just to spite me.
    Well, I guess the team chose to spite me.

Looking at our remaining schedule, will we finish better than 8 - 8? I'm not saying players have quit, but it's been almost a month since I've seen this team compete for 4 quarters. We all know that losing is far more contagious than winning, especially with a young team.

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    If there was ever a time to fire a defensive coach it would be now. For two straight games this defense has yielded 40 or more points and today it was well over 500 yards total offense for the other team. If this game doesn't cost Guenther his job I don't know what will. It was completely inexcusable.
    The anemic tackling didn't help either. The D IS REALLY A MESS.

The other elephant in the room that we have to consider is Jon Gruden's 10 year contract. If his contract was for 5 years would he stick with Carr, make changes on defense by bringing an advisor or institute other changes?

Quote Originally Posted by attoonly View Post
    The other elephant in the room that we have to consider is Jon Gruden's 10 year contract. If his contract was for 5 years would he stick with Carr, make changes on defense by bringing an advisor or institute other changes?
    If he's that blind to see that the D needs help, then he should be fired.

Tank for CeeDee Lamb..

Grant Delpit or Isiah Simmons would be nice other 1st round picks..

Gruden wishes there was a way to get his hands on Burrows. I am of the mindset that Gruden isn't a QB whisperer at all and we're doomed with no matter who the QB is. The problem is him and his system. And being an offensive minded coach, there's no way this team will ever make building a dominant defense a priority. It's just not his philosophy. He still thinks that he can build "one offense to rule the world." Delusional.

Now juxtapose that with someone like, say, Mike Tomlin, who is playing with his 4th string QB -- that's right, I said 4th string -- and is still chalking up wins, primarily because that defense is consistently good year in and year out.

Bottom line: We're screwed for the next 8 years, unless Gruden elects to walk away. I firmly believe that. Of course, Gruden, if you're out there listening, by all means please feel free to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    Pretty much. 7-9. Better than last year, at least. Can't expect a team of rookies to do much.
    I looked at the average years of experience for the Titans vs the Raiders and the Titans avg 4.25 years of NFL experience and the Raiders avg. 3.68 years of experience. I then looked at the rookie contributions and their rookies (other than Jacobs) are out producing our rookies. As I see it, it comes down to two things culture and coaching. Knock on wood if you agree with me.

NFL Week 14: Tennessee Titans(7-5) @ Oakland Raiders(6-6)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    What would you rate Carr as a QB? And be honest.

Jamarcus, Horrible, Bad, Average, Good, Great, Elite - Choose one.
    Somewhere between Rusty Hilger and Andrew Walter...Marc Wilson was better because he competed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderFanBL9 View Post
    Carr fans explain to me why carr just threw it away on 4th and 1?
    He quit...again?

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog2683 View Post
    Going back through the last few drives and cannot see a time when 12 is completely open with regular broadcast. Can you share the coaches cam angle?
    Brown takes fumble recovery to the house
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=282...pnapi_internal via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Stop this video at 14 seconds in and you will be free he is wide open 10 yards further downfield but Captain checkdown strikes again
    Last edited by maledicent; 12-08-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    He quit...again?

-Stork

Itís been my experience that quitters tend to remain quitters.

I looked at the average years of experience for the Titans vs the Raiders and the Titans avg 4.25 years of NFL experience and the Raiders avg. 3.68 years of experience. I then looked at the rookie contributions and their rookies (other than Jacobs) are out producing our rookies. As I see it, it comes down to two things culture and coaching. Knock on wood if you agree with me.
    Maybe it's just the coaching. Just curious to see what they do in the off season.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast