Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Wilpons to Sell Team (Post # 134, Team to be put up for auction)

This is VERY encouraging! Repole seems like a great fit. His net worth is $1.2B and when combined with A-Rod/J-Lo is about $2B total. Thatís 4x the net worth of Fred Wilponís $500M.

I know we all prefer Cohen due to his insane $13B worth (which far outclasses the richest MLB owner in Larry Dolan who is at $4.6B), but it seems unlikely that heís going to a serious bidder once again.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-22-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    This is VERY encouraging! Repole seems like a great fit. His net worth is $1.2B and when combined with A-Rod/J-Lo is about $2B total. Thatís 4x the net worth of Fred Wilponís $500M.

I know we all prefer Cohen due to his insane $13B worth (which far outclasses the richest MLB owner in Larry Dolan who is at $4.6B), but it seems unlikely that heís going to a serious bidder once again.
    This right here. Sure, Cohen would be awesome, but the fact that Arod has reportedly been able to wrangle up investors such as Repole and Robert Kraft, makes me think that this could end up being a conglomerate of very wealthy owners.

That, is very ideal.
    #oneatatime

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Cohen is my #1, but JRod+ is my #2

I don't think there's anything better than Ruth calling Wendy a ****ing *****-wolf.

Pure gold.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Cartel money goes a long way
    You think the opposition isnít going to lob a pitch right down the plate when fvcking Ruth is in the dugout managing the team, Wyatt is batting and Darlene is spread eagle as the 1st base coach?

Interesting enough, it probably is an excellent money laundering scheme. You have the Mets which can generate tons of fake revenue in advertising and ticket sales, then you hire your own companies to do the big cash transactions like beer sales and all food stands plus parking sales. Then you can also have your own security, training, Etc

I think we just wrote season 4 or 5 of Ozark
    God I hope Season 4 is the Byrds buying the Mets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope a bunch of investors don't start squabbling over where to spend money and then nothing gets done and the team dives into a hole.

Last edited by metswon69; 06-25-2020 at 01:08 AM.

They got greedy when they had a buyer with a big offer.

Now it sounds like they will get couponed on the way out.

Fitting.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...hvm-story.html

7 groups qualify as bidders for the team. That's why i hate when owners talk publicly. You had owners during the pandemic related work stoppage say that baseball is not that profitable but meanwhile 7 different groups are looking to buy a team that is "bleeding money". Like, sure. Not that profitable my foot.

Apparently Cohen is going to make another offer as well but not as aggressive this time.

I want someone who will put everything they have into this franchise. A good GM would be the piece in the puzzle!

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...hvm-story.html

7 groups qualify as bidders for the team. That's why i hate when owners talk publicly. You had owners during the pandemic related work stoppage say that baseball is not that profitable but meanwhile 7 different groups are looking to buy a team that is "bleeding money". Like, sure. Not that profitable my foot.

Apparently Cohen is going to make another offer as well but not as aggressive this time.
    I believe all these bidders want SNY and Iím sure they have plans for other ventures to profit from the acquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I believe all these bidders want SNY and Iím sure they have plans for other ventures to profit from the acquisition.
    I would assume as much but there was never any talk of SNY when Cohen made the initial bid for them a few months ago. I don't understand any want to own the team without owning a majority interest in SNY.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would assume as much but there was never any talk of SNY when Cohen made the initial bid for them a few months ago. I don't understand any want to own the team without owning a majority interest in SNY.
    I thought Cohenís offer was absolutely insane. Wilpons should have been signing paperwork ASAP
    That being said, my guess is Cohen may have planned other ways of acquiring SNY or exiting that deal...maybe he knew of a loophole or other significant business opportunities tied to acquiring the Mets

Or, much more simple, heís got so much money he didnít care and just wants the Mets to win at all costs

I hope Cohen gets back in. Having one super rich guy who wants to win seems the least problematic.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast