Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Does anyone know whether this is a true auction where the highest bidder gets the team or whether no matter who is the highest bidder the Wilpons can decided to sell to a lower bidder ?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Does anyone know whether this is a true auction where the highest bidder gets the team or whether no matter who is the highest bidder the Wilpons can decided to sell to a lower bidder ?
    They can, but Saul Katz is now involved and he wants the highest amount after Jeff cost them 2.6 billion.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They can, but Saul Katz is now involved and he wants the highest amount after Jeff cost them 2.6 billion.
    $2.6 billion.

Do you realize how many of us can retire very happily on a fraction of that amount? Just a fraction? And that's how much he COST them?

Incredible.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears Ė but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    $2.6 billion.

Do you realize how many of us can retire very happily on a fraction of that amount? Just a fraction? And that's how much he COST them?

Incredible.
    Don't be surprised if Fiumano comes in at the 13h hour and tops all the bids.

Don't be surprised if Fiumano comes in at the 13h hour and tops all the bids.
    I heard he made an offer but the stumbling block so far is his insistence that Carlos Beltran be installed immediately as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I heard he made an offer but the stumbling block so far is his insistence that Carlos Beltran be installed immediately as manager.
    That was fake news. He wanted to rename Citifield , Beltran Stadium and replace the Jackie Robinson Rotunda with a Carlos Beltran Rotunda

There was a report in yesterday's NY Post that Steve Cohen's company had been sued for sexiual discrimination or sexual harassment or something like that . The action had already been commenced and the feeling was that a majority of owners did not want that kind of publicity and that there was a good possibility that along with his SEC issues he might not get approved as an owner.

It seems like the Wilpons would like to sell to ARod and his group but that Saul Katz and family want the team sold to the the team that bids the most. I obviously have zero info and it is just my opinion but I think that the team will be sold to the owners of the 76ers and Devils.

That was fake news. He wanted to rename Citifield , Beltran Stadium and replace the Jackie Robinson Rotunda with a Carlos Beltran Rotunda
    I see.

There was a report in yesterday's NY Post that Steve Cohen's company had been sued for sexiual discrimination or sexual harassment or something like that . The action had already been commenced and the feeling was that a majority of owners did not want that kind of publicity and that there was a good possibility that along with his SEC issues he might not get approved as an owner.

It seems like the Wilpons would like to sell to ARod and his group but that Saul Katz and family want the team sold to the the team that bids the most. I obviously have zero info and it is just my opinion but I think that the team will be sold to the owners of the 76ers and Devils.
    I'm just finding it difficult to keep my passion for a billionaire's toy.

Mark
    @TooGooden16

26m
    Wilpons almost sold the Mets in Dec 2019. If you view all the moves that Brodie & Jeff made, they were made with 2019 was the last Wilpon season in mind
    1. Brodie as puppet GM
    2. Mortgage prospects
    3. Cano/Diaz trade frees 2019 salary
    4. Calling up Alonso, Peterson, Gimenez Day 1

I dislike Brodie and Jeff.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I still find it hard to believe that whoever A-Rod can find can match Cohen's money. I get there are other billionaires in the world but I can't see the Wilpons selling to the second highest bidder.

Sounds like its just a way to drive up the price. Not a bad business tactic. Seems the only thing the Wilpons can do right when it comes to the Mets is sell them.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-16-2020 at 06:57 PM.

Honestly anyone other than the ****ing Wilpons at this point. I really donít give a damn

Not looking forward to ARod's group of 50 people or whatever owning this team unless they are going to spend what it takes to win. I have doubts they can or will.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Not looking forward to ARod's group of 50 people or whatever owning this team unless they are going to spend what it takes to win. I have doubts they can or will.
    Considering ARod wants a salary cap, I wouldn't bet on it.

Page 34 of 59 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast