Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    ****ing JRod go the **** away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Something we can all agree on.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Cohen buying the Mets (Post # 134, Team to be put up for auction)

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    It's far too soon to tell whether BVW sucks?

Are you kidding????

Are you out of your mind?

Really?

Seriously?

Too soon?

What????????
    Just because the team isn’t playing well right now, doesn’t mean he’s an objectively bad GM. Stroman opting out really ****ed us. Not sure how BVW was supposed to plan for that and Noah getting TJ?

Well he planned by getting Wacka and Porcello and both suck ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Well he planned by getting Wacka and Porcello and both suck ***.
    Wacha’s sucked but Porcello’s been fine. Mets just don’t have good enough defense to bail him out of games as evidenced by his 2.98 FIP.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Yeah, technically J-Rod can still buy the Mets. Then again, a consortium led by FoC, Gotta, Clay, and Sick can also still buy the Mets. I wouldn't worry.

@mlbexecutive

Honestly believe Brodie has directed Luis Rojas to keep Wacha in for minimum of 3 Innings no matter the cost. Needs 3 Inning Appearances to hit incentives.

Imagine allowing a pitcher that gets shelled to accumulate incentives?

Why didn't BVW pick up a starter at the deadline?

Should note that Wacha is a former client.
    Hmmmm....

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That’s a lot of conjecture - but absolutely there are serious problems and conflicts of interest when you hire a player agent to become GM.

BVW didn’t exactly lessen those concerns when he spent his entire first year chasing his ex clients.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    That’s a lot of conjecture - but absolutely there are serious problems and conflicts of interest when you hire a player agent to become GM.

BVW didn’t exactly lessen those concerns when he spent his entire first year chasing his ex clients.

Which could have been his motivation on not retaining Wheeler.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Just because the team isn’t playing well right now, doesn’t mean he’s an objectively bad GM. Stroman opting out really ****ed us. Not sure how BVW was supposed to plan for that and Noah getting TJ?
    You heard the expression "You had me at hello?" In BVW's case, he lost me at Cano.

The second I heard that trade I was done.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 09-09-2020 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Wacha’s sucked but Porcello’s been fine. Mets just don’t have good enough defense to bail him out of games as evidenced by his 2.98 FIP.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    @mlbexecutive

Honestly believe Brodie has directed Luis Rojas to keep Wacha in for minimum of 3 Innings no matter the cost. Needs 3 Inning Appearances to hit incentives.

Imagine allowing a pitcher that gets shelled to accumulate incentives?

Why didn't BVW pick up a starter at the deadline?

Should note that Wacha is a former client.
    Hmmmm....
    It’s about getting length out of our starters and Wacha getting hammered to be unable to go further.

Wacha has relief incentives as well, and the way he’s pitched, it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in the pen when Matz comes back.

I feel like he can have some success in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    You heard the expression "You had me at hello?" In BVW's case, he lost me at Cano.

The second I heard that trade I was done.

But Cano has a .916 OPS and Diaz has 38 strikeouts in 18 innings to go along with a 2.00 ERA this season. With our history of trades, it’s hard to be upset with those results — regardless of who we gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Something we can all agree on.

Totally agree. Thought A-Rod's accusation of someone else cheating was ironic and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

But Cano has a .916 OPS and Diaz has 38 strikeouts in 18 innings to go along with a 2.00 ERA this season. With our history of trades, it’s hard to be upset with those results — regardless of who we gave up.
    Diaz has 3 blown saves in 43 games.

In the 1st 3 weeks of the season Cano has a slash line of .412/.446/.706/1.152 in 15 games since then he is posting .242/.266/.452/.718 in 17 games.

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast