Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is the year to jump in FA

Given the uncertainty of expected revenue and some teams already parting ways with talented guys because of budgetary concerns, the Mets should be all over this. I have a feeling many FA are going to take short term deals because they presumably want to test FA again when fans are able to return in full capacity. That isn't happening in 2021.

You have to think there is going to be a concentrated effort among most teams in MLB to lower payroll. Given Cohen's monetary advantage over other owners, this is exactly the right time for him to acquire multiple FA.

It makes sense but donít know if Alderson will be up for it.

Hopefully Cohen thinks he needs to make a splash and goes big this off-season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I agree somewhat. With the uncertainty of the market and everything, the Mets should not be spending stupid money either. I think a lot of players may take shorter contracts this year and if that's the case... Sure let's jump on it. But like giving Bauer or Realmuto 100M is a mistake. Giving Stroman 80M is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I agree somewhat. With the uncertainty of the market and everything, the Mets should not be spending stupid money either. I think a lot of players may take shorter contracts this year and if that's the case... Sure let's jump on it. But like giving Bauer or Realmuto 100M is a mistake. Giving Stroman 80M is a mistake.
    I agree on stroman but the other two are well worth that money. You obviously donít bid against yourself but Bauer and Realmuto will have no problem getting 100mil imo. Itís the middle of the road FAs that are gunna be hurt the most by reluctance to spend which means in theory the Mets could land a top guy or two and then get some more useful players at a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it would be a good off season if we signed Springer, ( yes I was a Bradley Jr. fan but we need a RH bat ) , McCann, have Stroman take the QO or if not Morton , and sign eith Hand or Hendricks or both.

I hear that Morton will either retire or wants to play for the Rays as his family is in Florida. While Realmutto is better than McCann , I think that Springer is more of a priority and McCann would be perfectly acceptable and I don't think that Cohen will be spending like a kid in a toy store.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 11-02-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Hopefully Cohen thinks he needs to make a splash and goes big this off-season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    I agree that Cohen wants to make a splash but he is not going to spend like a bandit. Realmutto, Springer and Bauer will each get $100 million + and that is not going to happen this year for the Mets. Don't forget that each of them received qualifying offers and if we signed 2 of them we would be giving up our first 2 draft picks. Cohen appreciates a solid farm system.
    Last edited by Brooklyndave; 11-02-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I agree on stroman but the other two are well worth that money. You obviously donít bid against yourself but Bauer and Realmuto will have no problem getting 100mil imo. Itís the middle of the road FAs that are gunna be hurt the most by reluctance to spend which means in theory the Mets could land a top guy or two and then get some more useful players at a discount.

I think with how bad COVID hit teams, I actually don't think $100M contracts will be given out this offseason. Especially to this class

Absolutely go all in on Realmuto and/or Bauer. Mets desperately need a #2 behind DeGrom so I would prioritize Bauer over Realmuto.

If I HAD to be realistic, though? Get Realmuto and Stroman or McCann and Bauer.

Definitely go after Brad Hand (Iíve been wanting this dude for years) and a guy like Treinen or Hendriks.

I say the Mets sign 3-4 free agents, tops. Then supplement the rest of the team via trades with guys like Arenado and Buxton/Bader.

Somebody quote me on that the Mets will contact the Rockies about Arenado or the Cubs about Bryant. Just stay away from Lindor.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by zmaster52 View Post
    absolutely go all in on realmuto and/or bauer. Mets desperately need a #2 behind degrom so i would prioritize bauer over realmuto.

If i had to be realistic, though? Get realmuto and stroman or mccann and bauer.

Definitely go after brad hand (iíve been wanting this dude for years) and a guy like treinen or hendriks.

I say the mets sign 3-4 free agents, tops. Then supplement the rest of the team via trades with guys like arenado and buxton/bader.

Somebody quote me on that the mets will contact the rockies about arenado or the cubs about bryant. Just stay away from lindor.
    why?

So next week Cohen officially takes over.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    why?
    Iím assuming the why is in regards to Lindor.

Nothing against him - heís a fantastic player. I just donít think heís the smartest upgrade considering we have three competent shortstop replacements (Gimenez, Rosario, Guillorme)

I would look to target a position of need such as center field or third base (hence the Arenado and Buxton comment) With such finite resources, I think we should only utilize our prospects (namely somebody like Vientos) to make the team stronger without weakening the farm.

Rosario and JD are most likely to be traded though, off of the ML roster.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

I like Lindor as a player but don't think he is game changing enough to be our big move. And I liked what I saw from Gimenez.

I agree this is the year, but no Springer no Stroman, Springers next 4 yrs and nimmos next 4 yrs will probably end up similar. No need there. Stroman knew all along he was gonna play covid for his benefit, I don't believe his intentions
    He's a snake in the grass.
    Gimme Realmuto, Jaijuan Walker, Liam Hendriks & Brad Keller and start ordering your playoff tickets.

Lets just hope sandy's risk averse nature will not squelch Cohen's enthusiasm for spending like a drunken sailor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast