Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1165
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    But the totally legitimate NY Post said deblasio was going to hold up the sale? Hopefully this slip up in reporting doesnt damage their sterling reputation
    I don't read the NYP but it seems that deBlasio could have held things up, even after the owners' approval, and even if he was doomed to lose in court. A delay of even a few weeks in this offseason would have sucked for us. I wonder if deblasio realized there was no way he could look good or "win" if he continued to withhold support. Also, when Cohen announced the $ for NYC small businesses and Citifield employees, it was both altruistic and politically brilliant. Anyone who got in the way of the sale was, in effect, getting in the way of relief for NY's working class.

But the totally legitimate NY Post said deblasio was going to hold up the sale? Hopefully this slip up in reporting doesnt damage their sterling reputation

Today is the first day I really believe that we are about to taste the good life. I wish I didn't move to the west coast right as the cavalry arrived. Hope to get to some SF or Seattle games next year if there is such a thing as 2021
    "I got a headache, a toothache and bad times too..." - Nina Simone

I came for the champaigne.

Seriously fellas where hell is the bubbly?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I am drunk with happiness.

Finally, a new era in NY Mets history has begun. Go get 'em Cohen. It's our time now guys!

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I sense that Reinsdorf legit doesn't like him for whatever reason but I doubt the other 2 voted no for moral reasons. My guess is they are afraid that his aggressive spending will force salaries up league-wide (probably true) adding another big player to make life difficult for smaller market teams, something they never had to worry about with the Wilpons.

Just a hunch, but the prompt and effusive congratulatory notes from Edgardo Alfonzo and Mike Piazza make me think they will have a role in the new regime. Maybe only as ambassadors, but I really hope Alfonzo gets something more, because he's a valuable baseball mind.
    Last edited by The Futurist; 10-30-2020 at 11:11 PM.

I am sure they have met him multiple times over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Just a hunch, but the prompt and effusive congratulatory notes from Edgardo Alfonzo and Mike Piazza make me think they will have a role in the new regime. Maybe only as ambassadors, but I really hope Alfonzo gets something more, because he's a valuable baseball mind.
    Was Edgardo let go as a minor league coach last year? Probably not thrilled with Jeffy after that

He was still king of a NL organization representative.

I just hope that the bobble heads are still out of the plan, but instead of just 20k, make 40k so you donít have to be early and make a damn line.

This new ERA of Mets baseball is going to be fun to watch in both the Summer and Winter. I am excited just to have a chance to shop outside of the dollar store for once.

Was Edgardo let go as a minor league coach last year? Probably not thrilled with Jeffy after that
    Still with them but they made it clear he was no longer a part of their larger plans. Over the past 5 years the Wilpons did little to celebrate the team's legacy. I bet Cohen has a Seaver statue up in April.

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast