Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1165
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMetsGo View Post
    Any time media brings up jRods nationality as a PRO reason for their ownership candidacy..should really research what Cohens wife's is...never gets mentioned..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Are you saying the media doesnít tell the whole story and limits only to what they want you to think?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Are you saying the media doesnít tell the whole story and limits only to what they want you to think?
    Thanks for opening my eyes. It didn't occur to me that "the media" made up this seemingly minor detail about the sale as part of some grander, yet-to-be revealed fake news conspiracy. At first I thought it was just a little-known fact about the sale of the Mets, letting the public know that while the sale is likely to go through, there is another level to it. But upon further review I realize I was so naive to not see the deep state, ARod/JLo cabal's fingerprints all over it.

Larry, I am shocked to hear you say that. :-)

I don't know if Cohen's wife really matters in this whole deal. Unless she is using her money to become part owner as well. J-Lo would be putting her money in as a potential buyer. Sure, it would be a minority interest but they let Jeter do that with the Marlins. I do believe there should be more minority and female owners in sports so i'm all for it. I just don't want A-Rod and J-Lo to buy the Mets. Buy the Twins or some ****.

I think there is some smoke to this DeBlasio thing as well but nothing where he will stop the eventual sale to Cohen. MLB and the other owners want Cohen's money in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Thanks for opening my eyes. It didn't occur to me that "the media" made up this seemingly minor detail about the sale as part of some grander, yet-to-be revealed fake news conspiracy. At first I thought it was just a little-known fact about the sale of the Mets, letting the public know that while the sale is likely to go through, there is another level to it. But upon further review I realize I was so naive to not see the deep state, ARod/JLo cabal's fingerprints all over it.
    Well, GoMetsGo said the media speaks of JRodís nationality as a Pro to league ownership. But seemingly never brings up Cohenís wife and her nationality.

Sounds like a wonderful woman

She leads the day-to-day operations of the Foundation that focuses its giving in education, childrenís health, veterans and the arts.

Mrs. Cohen was born in Harlem, New York and grew up in Washington Heights. After studying Communications at New Yorkís Manhattan College, she worked in the financial industry until she married Steven Cohen in 1992. Since then, Mrs. Cohen has spent her time raising their family and focusing on their philanthropic endeavors.

Mrs. Cohen serves on the board of The Governorsí Residence Conservancy and is a member of New York Universityís Tisch School of Arts Deanís Council.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know if Cohen's wife really matters in this whole deal. Unless she is using her money to become part owner as well. J-Lo would be putting her money in as a potential buyer. Sure, it would be a minority interest but they let Jeter do that with the Marlins. I do believe there should be more minority and female owners in sports so i'm all for it. I just don't want A-Rod and J-Lo to buy the Mets. Buy the Twins or some ****.

I think there is some smoke to this DeBlasio thing as well but nothing where he will stop the eventual sale to Cohen. MLB and the other owners want Cohen's money in the league.
    I donít think it matters either, but would be nice to hear instead of the hedge fund billionaire that stole money from people

I donít think it matters either, but would be nice to hear instead of the hedge fund billionaire that stole money from people
    Most billionaires have money tied to some illegal or shady dealings. Whether that's evading taxes, cronyism, using their companies as leverage to get incentives from local governments, etc. Cohen is not clean but nothing where he should lose potential ownership of the team.

Seems to be a trend in major sports where celebrities get to be the public face of the teams they own even if their monetary involvement is limited. J-Lo and A-Rod just hitched their ride to the wrong wagon. Cohen wants the team and had the most money.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-26-2020 at 03:57 PM.

I think there is some smoke to this DeBlasio thing as well but nothing where he will stop the eventual sale to Cohen. MLB and the other owners want Cohen's money in the league.[/QUOTE]

Without a doubt. Could you imagine shutting down the sale and instantly having 50% of New Yorkers of both political Affiliations voting against you? Political Suicide and he knows it.

Baby Huey had a goodbye zoom call with employees today.

Steve Cohen has the 23 votes required to approve his purchase of the Mets, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the process. If New York City mayor Bill de Blasio moved to kill the deal, the group led by Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez would not have the votes, per those sources.

Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf is widely expected to vote no on Cohen, and could bring three or four owners along with him, according to a person with direct knowledge of the process. Beyond that potential coalition, owners plan to support Cohenís plan.

As SNY reported last week, the vote is expected to occur this week. Soon after, perhaps next week, the sale would close and Cohen would take control of the team.

Sny

Is there a valid reason de Blasio is holding up the deal? What is he trying to do?

I just don't get it......

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Is there a valid reason de Blasio is holding up the deal? What is he trying to do?

I just don't get it......
    Nope, itís just to get clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Baby Huey had a goodbye zoom call with employees today.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Steve Cohen has the 23 votes required to approve his purchase of the Mets, according to two sources with direct knowledge of the process. If New York City mayor Bill de Blasio moved to kill the deal, the group led by Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez would not have the votes, per those sources.

Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf is widely expected to vote no on Cohen, and could bring three or four owners along with him, according to a person with direct knowledge of the process. Beyond that potential coalition, owners plan to support Cohenís plan.

As SNY reported last week, the vote is expected to occur this week. Soon after, perhaps next week, the sale would close and Cohen would take control of the team.

Sny
    Any idea what Reinsdorf is concerned about?

DeBlasio just wants attention.

Page 69 of 78 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast