Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Unless weíre getting something good back for JD, Iíd hold onto him despite his defensive shortcomings. We need his RH bat to balance out this LH-heavy lineup. I hope Alonso can figure it out next year.

I also really like McNeil in LF, heís moving extremely well out there this season.
    Yeah, I would honestly try to trade JD for Arenado or something. I agree that we need more RH bats but like I said, Iíd only move JD if we could find other good RH bats to supplement the lineup (ie Realmuto and Bader, for instance) then itíd be easier to move him because, I doubt Alonso goes anywhere.

Iíd be fine holding onto JD but I would use him more as a platoon guy, just to sort of mitigate his poor defense.

LF - Nimmo
    CF - ?
    RF - Conforto
    1B - Dom
    2B - Cano
    SS - Gimenez
    3B - McNeil
    C - ?
    DH - Alonso

Thatís 6 lefties, one righty, and two undecided spots...spots that ultimately have to go to a good RH bat, preferably with good defense.

I like McNeil in left too but, that means Nimmo has to play center and heís been awful out there. Get a good catcher and CFer and next years defense is actually really good.

I would honestly dump Cano in a salary dump just as a way to open up more spots for other players. Hit bat is still good but, this offense is really good to a point where they donít need it.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah, I would honestly try to trade JD for Arenado or something. I agree that we need more RH bats but like I said, Iíd only move JD if we could find other good RH bats to supplement the lineup (ie Realmuto and Bader, for instance) then itíd be easier to move him because, I doubt Alonso goes anywhere.

Iíd be fine holding onto JD but I would use him more as a platoon guy, just to sort of mitigate his poor defense.

LF - Nimmo
    CF - ?
    RF - Conforto
    1B - Dom
    2B - Cano
    SS - Gimenez
    3B - McNeil
    C - ?
    DH - Alonso

Thatís 6 lefties, one righty, and two undecided spots...spots that ultimately have to go to a good RH bat, preferably with good defense.

I like McNeil in left too but, that means Nimmo has to play center and heís been awful out there. Get a good catcher and CFer and next years defense is actually really good.

I would honestly dump Cano in a salary dump just as a way to open up more spots for other players. Hit bat is still good but, this offense is really good to a point where they donít need it.
    Iím fine with Nimmoís awful defense in CF if heís hitting like this.

I am sure Cohen (or his estate someday) will sell the Mets for more than $2.4 billion. Few MLB owners have taken a loss when selling a team. But he is paying $2.4 billion because he wants to own the Mets.

I dont understand why they return to the well so often. I like Sandy and I think he can help them scout talent but its like when they brought back Omar. Try new blood or bring in someone who has a recent history of success. I would rather have Billy Beane than Sandy Alderson for example.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-20-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Well Sandy is a smart FO guy and he was able to help the team draft a lot of the current talent. Imo he was ineffective in putting together a complete roster and he was very money conscious but I also understand that had to do with the owners most of the time.

I do believe that Cohen would like to expand on the FO and this is a likely step in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I dont understand why they return to the well so often. I like Sandy and I think he can help them scout talent but its like when they brought back Omar. Try new blood or bring in someone who has a recent history of success. I would rather have Billy Beane than Sandy Alderson for example.
    Beane is never leaving the Aís, I believe he is even part owner now.

"Brodie, why are you offering them a prospect package? They are probably going to designate him for assignment in a few days."

"So, Sandy, you spent the past year working with Billy Beane. What's the latest trend as far as what today's GM's want to do?"

"To make trades with Brodie."

What do we do with Rosario? Is he worth a starting pitcher?
    I think itís fair to give Gimenez the starting position next year, even if his offense isnít as good as heís shown us.

I suggested that as an idea a few weeks back to put together a formable FO.

If this does happen, no way Brody survives.

Thank God.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Daaaarryyl View Post
    "So, Sandy, you spent the past year working with Billy Beane. What's the latest trend as far as what today's GM's want to do?"

"To make trades with Brodie."
    Lol

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Maybe because Sandy is notorious for keeping costs down?

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Maybe because Sandy is notorious for keeping costs down?
    Or that he had a hand in getting a lot of the current talent?

Itís crazy Sandy was way too conservative for my liking and hardly ever dealt prospects to improve the team(Cespedes deal aside), but Brody is a ****ing wild one and is willing to deal prospects left and right for minor improvements or none some times.

Can we get a GM that can balance this?

Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast