Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Also, Iím keeping Rojas here for a while. I like what heís done. Rookie mistakes but itís really not unexpected. Managing your first full year in an open season canít possibly be easy, either.

For GM, I believe letting BVW spend a **** ton of money and giving him a list of players to trade from, he would put together a good team based on free agency.

Personally I think the ideal guy would be someone like Farhan Zaidi but I doubt he leaves San Francisco this decade. Kim Ng would also be good, McLeod and Stearns are two solid picks, as well.

I want no part of Crane or the Astros, I would try to purge people from the Dodgers organization, if anything. A lot of these big time execs are likely entrenched in their current roles, though. Iím glad we didnít go with Melvin the last time around and I think hiring Bloom wouldíve instituted a rebuild. Jared Porter and Matt Arnold are two more guys I would consider.

Regardless, Mets should beef up their FO and analytics department...hopefully Cohen can bring this team to the 21st century. BVW started a little bit but work needs to be done.

As far as free agents go, Realmuto and Bauer should definitely be the top two targets. If Bauer goes elsewhere, a pivot to somebody like Tanaka or Robbie Ray would be a good idea, Iím not against bringing Stroman back for the right price, either. For the bullpen, sign a dude like Liam Hendricks and a bunch of minor guys...bullpens are always fickle. Re-sign Marisnick as a 4th outfielder too. Oh, and sign Conforto to a 7/150 type of. deal, thanks.

I would attempt to keep my hands off the prospects, maybe trading a dude like Vientos in the right deal, if need be. Off the major league roster, I think the dudes that should be used as trade chips are Rosario, JD, Nimmo/McNeil (pick your poison) and guys like Nido/Guillorme (if teams want to buy high on them and see them as starters) I would consider trading somebody like Matz but I doubt anybody would offer anything for him.

Rosario might be able to be traded for another similar struggling player like Oscar Mercado...JD Davis could be traded for Harrison Bader or Byron Buxton. Try to get a couple of good relievers out of it, too.

For next year, the team has got to upgrade defense in center and at 3rd. Definitely try to take on a guy like Arenado in a salary dump, and so on. Just as important as that, there needs to be upgrades on the starting pitching front...targeting somebody like Lance Lynn, Zac Gallen, Pablo Lopez, Marco Gonzalez, Carlos Carrasco, Dylan Cease, etc. ****, throw together a package deal to the Indians for Mercado, Carrasco, and Hand

In all seriousness, thereís a lot that needs to be done and that can be done. Gotta target rebuilding teams, players with expiring contracts, players with expensive contracts, and so on. If the Mets truly have some financial might, definitely consider taking on a contract like Arenadoís, the same way the Yankees did with Stanton lol.

TLDR, trade for Arenado, sign Realmuto, sign Bauer, trade for Mercado, Hand, and Carrasco, and sign Liam Hendriks, and extend Conforto. Easy peasy.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    For GM, I believe letting BVW spend a **** ton of money and giving him a list of players to trade from, he would put together a good team based on free agency.
    Familia, Cano, Betances, Lowrie, Porcello, Wacha, Ramos, Marisnick

12, 20, 7.5, 10, 10, 3, 11.75, 3.1 mil That's like 75 mil.

Marlins payroll is like 40 mil.

Na, Brodie kicks rocks before he trades another 5-10 kids in the next calendar year...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Also, Iím keeping Rojas here for a while. I like what heís done. Rookie mistakes but itís really not unexpected. Managing your first full year in an open season canít possibly be easy, either.

Personally I think the ideal guy would be someone like Farhan Zaidi but I doubt he leaves San Francisco this decade. Kim Ng would also be good, McLeod and Stearns are two solid picks, as well.

I want no part of Crane or the Astros, I would try to purge people from the Dodgers organization, if anything. A lot of these big time execs are likely entrenched in their current roles, though. Iím glad we didnít go with Melvin the last time around and I think hiring Bloom wouldíve instituted a rebuild. Jared Porter and Matt Arnold are two more guys I would consider.

Regardless, Mets should beef up their FO and analytics department...hopefully Cohen can bring this team to the 21st century. BVW started a little bit but work needs to be done.

As far as free agents go, Realmuto and Bauer should definitely be the top two targets. If Bauer goes elsewhere, a pivot to somebody like Tanaka or Robbie Ray would be a good idea, Iím not against bringing Stroman back for the right price, either. For the bullpen, sign a dude like Liam Hendricks and a bunch of minor guys...bullpens are always fickle. Re-sign Marisnick as a 4th outfielder too. Oh, and sign Conforto to a 7/150 type of. deal, thanks.

I would attempt to keep my hands off the prospects, maybe trading a dude like Vientos in the right deal, if need be. Off the major league roster, I think the dudes that should be used as trade chips are Rosario, JD, Nimmo/McNeil (pick your poison) and guys like Nido/Guillorme (if teams want to buy high on them and see them as starters) I would consider trading somebody like Matz but I doubt anybody would offer anything for him.

Rosario might be able to be traded for another similar struggling player like Oscar Mercado...JD Davis could be traded for Harrison Bader or Byron Buxton. Try to get a couple of good relievers out of it, too.

For next year, the team has got to upgrade defense in center and at 3rd. Definitely try to take on a guy like Arenado in a salary dump, and so on. Just as important as that, there needs to be upgrades on the starting pitching front...targeting somebody like Lance Lynn, Zac Gallen, Pablo Lopez, Marco Gonzalez, Carlos Carrasco, Dylan Cease, etc. ****, throw together a package deal to the Indians for Mercado, Carrasco, and Hand

In all seriousness, thereís a lot that needs to be done and that can be done. Gotta target rebuilding teams, players with expiring contracts, players with expensive contracts, and so on. If the Mets truly have some financial might, definitely consider taking on a contract like Arenadoís, the same way the Yankees did with Stanton lol.

TLDR, trade for Arenado, sign Realmuto, sign Bauer, trade for Mercado, Hand, and Carrasco, and sign Liam Hendriks, and extend Conforto. Easy peasy.
    If they could get Lunhow, I would take him as GM in a heartbeat. Those were really good Astros teams irrespective of the cheating. He also put together that Cardinals team that won the WS in 2011.

No way Brodie is staying. Other than the drafts and JD Davis his moves have been Pitiful. We need an experienced FO guy with a good track record. Yes I understand that having the Wilpons as owners handcuffs you but Brodie has simply not been good. Say what you want about Sandy but he was even more handcuffed than Brodie had been and he at least helped us get to the playoffs a couple times including to a World Series

I have returned to PSD to see if Coupon ever came back to celebrate Cohen or if he's still going to blame our failures on the Wilpons' 5% ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He used to run SAC Capital.
    Thats right. And then it went kaput via insider trading.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Thats right. And then it went kaput via insider trading.
    Now he has Point72, so how has he not managed anything?

As Billy Joel once wrote, I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Now he has Point72, so how has he not managed anything?

As Billy Joel once wrote, I would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.
    Yes, he managed something. He may have managed it into the ground but sure, he managed something.

So to your point, Point72, I stand corrected. To my point, the Wilpons weren't saints either. They didn't die young enough for Met fans.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Yes, he managed something. He may have managed it into the ground but sure, he managed something.

So to your point, Point72, I stand corrected. To my point, the Wilpons weren't saints either. They didn't die young enough for Met fans.
    The Wilpons were/are Snake Oil Salesmen.

They felt like they were like race horses but they were just mules in horse harness and didn't fool anybody.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by yfern328 View Post
    I have returned to PSD to see if Coupon ever came back to celebrate Cohen or if he's still going to blame our failures on the Wilpons' 5% ownership.
    Welcome back anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by matlack72 View Post
    This is great news, but there's only one thing that scares me at this point. I worry that Arod & Jlo may secretly talk to and try to lobby behind the scenes for some of the owners to vote no. I certainly wouldn't leave it past them.

Just praying Cohen gets the votes and it becomes official. At that point I will then celebrate. There have been too many strange things that have happened to this franchise with the Wilpons at the helm!
    ARod has problems with some owners too.

The Wilpons were/are Snake Oil Salesmen.

They felt like they were like race horses but they were just mules in horse harness and didn't fool anybody.
    The Wilpons are snake oil salesmen. And they just sold to a hedge fund billionaire.

The poison you knew versus the poison you're about to know.

Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast