Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Thank God for saul Katz

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Thank God for saul Katz
    I know ARoid would be a complete ********. Thank God that didn't happen.

I'll be happy once this is approved and done.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Or that he had a hand in getting a lot of the current talent?

It’s crazy Sandy was way too conservative for my liking and hardly ever dealt prospects to improve the team(Cespedes deal aside), but Brody is a ****ing wild one and is willing to deal prospects left and right for minor improvements or none some times.

Can we get a GM that can balance this?
    I agree.

I think Sandy’s job will be to construct an FO rather than to be on the transactional side of things. I hope we keep some people on board like Tanous and Guttridge. I would definitely consider Guttridge as GM then hiring a president of baseball operations type like an Epstein...Or just go down the Jared Porter route.

I hope we keep BVW in some capacity, though. I think he’s a really good guy to have for keeping a positive clubhouse culture and to modernize this team a bit.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I just find it funny that so many Met fans wanted Alderson fired when he was here. Now they are embracing his potential return.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I just find it funny that so many Met fans wanted Alderson fired when he was here. Now they are embracing his potential return.
    As a Front Office guy (non-GM role) he may be good. I don't know too much about him in those other roles.

But as an actual GM, he wasn't the best. But then again, look who his owners were. Cashman would NOT have the same success on the Yankees if he had the Wilpons as the owners.

Quote Originally Posted by daaaarryyl View Post
    "so, sandy, you spent the past year working with billy beane. What's the latest trend as far as what today's gm's want to do?"

"to make trades with brodie."
    lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Why is that?

BVW wanted to trade for him before signing Ramos.
    I know that. I just feel he won't go for him. And if he does, i'll admit I was wrong. Again its my own opinion, not due to some site or blog saying it.

I wanted him gone and don’t want him as GM. I’m never against keeping the predecessors on board because they’re the ones who know the organization the best. If Alderson is building a FO - which I suspect is the task he’s going to be given, I’m all for it. If he’s going to be GM? Then expect us to trade for Jay Bruce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I never wanted him fired. He built an incredible FO, revamped the scouting department and built a team through the draft. At times slow and methodical, but the farm would still be strong and Wheeler would still be a Met.

Curious who he will hire to be the GM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I never wanted him fired. He built an incredible FO, revamped the scouting department and built a team through the draft. At times slow and methodical, but the farm would still be strong and Wheeler would still be a Met.

I was just speaking in generalities. It just shows how people have short term memories. I don't mind Sandy in a consultant role. I just don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. If they fire Brodie, get a guy who has a track record of recent success or an up and comer.

Slow and methodical was an understatement and sure the farm system would have been good but given Sandys track record, offseasons would have been continual bores. FOC is right in the sense that Sandy always wanted to do more with less. That goes back to his days in Oakland.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-21-2020 at 03:18 PM.

I was just speaking in generalities. It just shows how people have short term memories. I don't mind Sandy in a consultant role. I just don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. If they fire Brodie, get a guy who has a track record of recent success or an up and comer.

Slow and methodical was an understatement and sure the farm system would have been gone but given Sandys track record, offseasons would have been continual bores. FOC is right in the sense that Sandy always wanted to do more with less.
    I don’t want him as the GM, his approach in off seasons were horrific, horrible at creating a pen, gave contracts to old dudes on their last legs.

He is the last guy I want as the GM even with money to spend because I believe he was one in hand with Fred as to not to spend too much.

He would have given Wheeler that deal, just as he did not even bothered with Reyes when he though the money was too much for that player.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

No way Wheeler would still be a Met. Mets would’ve QO’d him and let him walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    No way Wheeler would still be a Met. Mets would’ve QO’d him and let him walk.

100%. Sandy didn't like long term deals. Thats why he was right up the Wilpons alley.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-21-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast