Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1166
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Nope, itís just to get clicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    DeBlasio just wants attention.
    If this true, it makes zero sense. I guess he's looking for NY Mets fans anger. Besides, he would be looking at lost taxes that NYC so desperately needs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Any idea what Reinsdorf is concerned about?
    Probably two things.

One, heís friends with the Wilponís and doesnít wanna see them go

But I think the bigger reason is that since heís regarded as one of the cheapest owners in baseball, having a big time guy in there might be a threat to him.

Wouldnít be surprised if the Pirates owner jumped on board. Maybe the Braves, Phillies, and Nats say no just because of the threat. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Reinsdorf has long been a staunch Cohen adversary and successfully lobbied against his bid to buy the Dodgers in 2012. Around the same time, Cohenís hedge fund, SAC Capital, pled guilty to criminal insider-trading charges and agreed to pay a record $1.8 billion fine. Cohen himself was not criminally charged.

NJ.com

Also he is a mentor to Alex Rodriguez and very close to him, so he wants him to own the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    If this true, it makes zero sense. I guess he's looking for NY Mets fans anger. Besides, he would be looking at lost taxes that NYC so desperately needs.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
    Nobody said the guy is rational.
    But he does love attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Nobody said the guy is rational.
    But he does love attention.
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/28/bill-d...o-steve-cohen/

To any Mets fan who doesnít want to believe, despite all evidence to the contrary, that New York City mayor Bill de Blasioís resistance to the Mets sale was a thing, we have bad news: Itís definitely a thing.

Now for the better news: Steve Cohen will still be approved in a vote on Friday of MLB owners, according to sources.

Back to bad news: The sale canít close anyway until de Blasio signs off.

According to league sources, the mayor recently called the commissionerís office and informed Rob Manfred of his opposition to the sale. The New York Post was first to report the call.

De Blasio spokesman Bill Neidhardt confirmed that call, but characterized it differently, saying "The NYC Law department is doing their due diligence of examining a new lease on incredibly valuable city-owned land. That's what the call was about ... he called to discuss the review process."

Despite that, parties involved in the sale continue to believe that the mayor will ultimately approve. They have been working to figure out how to satisfy his concerns.

As first reported by USA Today, de Blasio has the right to block the sale to ďany person that has been convicted in a criminal proceeding for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude.íí

The company that Cohen founded, S.A.C. Capital, pleaded guilty in 2018 to securities fraud and wire fraud and paid $1.8 billion in fines. Cohen was not personally charged with a crime, making it unclear what grounds de Blasio would have to block the deal.

But according to sources, Cohenís connection to S.A.C. Capital is enough for the mayor to weigh invoking this clause. Cohen opposes that position, of course, and might ultimately prevail -- but any delay could at minimum weaken team president Sandy Aldersonís ability to prepare a front office and roster for the 2021 season.

People directly involved in the sale process admit that they are unsure when this wrinkle will resolve.

**** this mother ****er!

De blasio really trying to not get reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    De blasio really trying to not get reelected.

He canít because of term limits.

Anyways hoping for Andrew Yang to run.

But this dude really trying to piss off as many New Yorkers as possible on his way out.

I will burn Gracie Mansion to ****ing ground if De Blasio ****s this up!

The talk is that DeBlasio has no real legal ground to do anything even if he wanted to and that if he did intervene, Cohen would sue and win. Sounds like a lot of smoke but it gets clicks because it plays into Met fans worst fears.

Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast