Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I was evaluating the last three seasons, he changed it to the last two (which were easily Wheeler's two best seasons and also included a fluky injury abbreviated season from Bumgarner). Either way has merit but looking at the last two seasons really pushes it more in Wheeler's favor, as I already explained.
    I wasn't arguing with you 2 or 3 or whatever. You posted their career numbers side by side and were talking about Bumgarner's greater accolades/career, and I just pointed out that the last 2 years are more relevant than 2014-2016 or whatever.

Wheeler will make more on this next deal. And for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I wasn't arguing with you 2 or 3 or whatever. You posted their career numbers side by side and were talking about Bumgarner's greater accolades/career, and I just pointed out that the last 2 years are more relevant than 2014-2016 or whatever.

Wheeler will make more on this next deal. And for good reason.
    I never argued against any of this. Just because recent performance is more relevant, doesn't mean that the career numbers and accolades are completely irrelevant. Again, if you go back to my posts in this thread, my point the whole time has been that if Bumgarner is going to be significantly cheaper than Wheeler (as most everyone has predicted), he could end up being a relative bargain.

Not sure why people are having trouble understanding this or trying to twist my argument in to something it isn't.

*I certainly never mentioned a thing about comparing their performances from 2014-2016 either, as that would be arbitrary af and make no sense

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

It should also be noted that for all of this talk of Bumgarner being in some state of advanced decline:

-his '19 average fastball velocity was the highest it's been since '15 and less than 1 MPH off his career high (he's never been a pitcher that depends on high velocity to be successful)

-he's thrown over 200 IP every single season he hasn't had a fluke injury since joining the Giants rotation full time

-his '19 K% was the highest it's been since '16

Take away Bumgarner's two seasons marred by fluke injuries and you have a consistent 200+ IP, 3-5 fWAR starting pitcher that should see his HR/FB% (his biggest issue last season) drop closer to his career norm as long as we don't have the extremely juiced ball that hurt so many pitchers this last season. If you prefer the upside of Wheeler's stuff, I can't argue with you much there but Bumgarner is still an excellent pitcher with plenty left in the tank (and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he outpaces Wheeler over the next five seasons).

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

article said we have 56 million to play with if we are alright going over the cap... we can also still get a stras or rendon and just make the higher dollar amounts start after next season when we have like 45 million plus coming off the books.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    article said we have 56 million to play with if we are alright going over the cap... we can also still get a stras or rendon and just make the higher dollar amounts start after next season when we have like 45 million plus coming off the books.
    Arrieta and who else?

Over pay
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by thefeckcampaign View Post
    Arrieta and who else?
    Robertson is another 12 but thatís 32 for next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123