Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    I'm really wondering if BVW is going to stupidly say that the Mets are the team to beat in 2020 and come get us.
    Wouldnít shock me. The guy is an absolute moron who thinks he is so clever. The Mariners probably laugh every day knowing that not only did they get some chump to take Canoís awful contract off their hands but also got that person to give them one of the best prospects in baseball too

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I agree with you. My concern is what are the Mets actively doing to get better? You have to think in the first year or two Wheeler will provide beneficial returns which helps the Phillies and hurts the Mets. This is a division where you have to be on the offensive because aside from the Marlins, there are no pushovers.

So what's the Mets counter move?
    Rick Porcello

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Hard to read sarcasm on here lol. My thing is if the Mets made that Stroman move for this year, why not move Wheeler at the deadline? They knew he wasn't taking the QO and they weren't in it at the time either.
    I agree. Plus the compensation picks have changed. Instead of getting a pick 30-35 it will now be 75-80. We could have gotten a better return at the deadline. But this is part of the reason I think Brodie is so incompetent. Yes he has to deal with tight restrictions but he doesnít make smart decisions most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I agree. Plus the compensation picks have changed. Instead of getting a pick 30-35 it will now be 75-80. We could have gotten a better return at the deadline. But this is part of the reason I think Brodie is so incompetent. Yes he has to deal with tight restrictions but he doesnít make smart decisions most of the time
    This is why having an agent turned first year GM was such a wonderful move.

I'm all for giving someone a chance, but if you're in the let's win in a year or two or now mode, you don't experiment like that.

Wheeler to Phils

Iím sorry, but Wheeler is not worth that kind of money. He basically got the same amount that deGrom did (due to deferrals), and deGrom was the best pitcher in the game who just won a CY Young.

I donít think BVW gets enough credit for handling the deGrom situation because he would have surely been a goner after 2020 with the season he just had.

Wheelerís been solid over the last 2 seasons, but hasnít done enough in his career to warrant that type of money. Heís not Patrick Corbin since many like to make that comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím sorry, but Wheeler is not worth that kind of money. He basically got the same amount that deGrom did (due to deferrals), and deGrom was the best pitcher in the game who just won a CY Young.

I donít think BVW gets enough credit for handling the deGrom situation because he would have surely been a goner after 2020 with the season he just had.

Wheelerís been solid over the last 2 seasons, but hasnít done enough in his career to warrant that type of money. Heís not Patrick Corbin since many like to make that comparison

Itís not about resigning Wheeler. Itís the fact that they could have gotten a decent return at the deadline or if they tried they could hAve resigned him last year at a lesser price probably. Iím not gonna give Brodie credit for resigning DeGrom that was a no brainer. I mean even an eggplant could have figured that out 😂

I donít care Wheeler is gone or even that he went to the Phillies because he is not worth that money given the injury history and the inconsistency. So for me it is a whatever.

What I do care about is the plan for the starting rotation. This year you are ok. However if your only signing a one year 5th starter this year you are ****ing yourself for a few years because there doesnít seem to be any plan on resigning what you have. You have DeGrom, a very inconsistent and injury prone Matz, and then have to fill 3 spots in your rotation come 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler to Phils

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Itís not about resigning Wheeler. Itís the fact that they could have gotten a decent return at the deadline or if they tried they could hAve resigned him last year at a lesser price probably. Iím not gonna give Brodie credit for resigning DeGrom that was a no brainer. I mean even an eggplant could have figured that out [emoji23]
    Iíll take the draft pick. Glad they offered the QO.

Itís not always the best time to extend someone when they just came off a career season so they could have easily waited took deGrom through the remainder of his arbitration years.

Maybe they could have signed Wheeler cheaper last year, but Iím not upset about losing him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iíll take the draft pick. Glad they offered the QO.

Itís not always the best time to extend someone when they just came off a career season so they could have easily waited took deGrom through the remainder of his arbitration years.

Maybe they could have signed Wheeler cheaper last year, but Iím not upset about losing him at all

. Iím sorry I guess I donít have the same amount of praise for the DeGrom signing. It was a pretty easy decision that should have been done sooner. As for Wheeler Iím not pissed that we didnít resign him but at the same time the way they handled it was stupid. And yeah I would rather have a better deadline return than a pick thatís gonna be in the 80s

5 years, 5 years...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised if Wheeler haunts us like Murph did when played with the Nats.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

To be honest, it doesn't even bother me. Wheeler in not that good - way too inconsistent. It will allow Lugo to go back into the rotation and he is 3 times the pitcher Wheeler is. I'll take Lugo to pitch in a big game over Wheeler any day of the year. It actually makes our rotation better with him.

I always liked Wheeler.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I like Wheeler but man that's a way overpay -- I'm guessing 2 1/2 decent to good years for $118 million. I think the Phillies are a much bigger mess than the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    I donít care Wheeler is gone or even that he went to the Phillies because he is not worth that money given the injury history and the inconsistency. So for me it is a whatever.

What I do care about is the plan for the starting rotation. This year you are ok. However if your only signing a one year 5th starter this year you are ****ing yourself for a few years because there doesnít seem to be any plan on resigning what you have. You have DeGrom, a very inconsistent and injury prone Matz, and then have to fill 3 spots in your rotation come 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We still have Syndergaard in 2021.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast