Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i cant count the nets and suns as good teams. I really like what Nunn has done so far, theyre gonna need these surprise guys to keep it up.
    Yea Im loving Nunn, hes starting to fall off some and it might be time to move him to a bench role where he can focus on just scoring but in loving him and Herro so far. We still need another piece so Im curious to see what Riley decides to do at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No way. I'd take the 76ers, Bucks and Celtics in a 7 game series. Most likely the Heat too in 7 games. Depending how Victor looks when he gets back, maybe the Pacers in 7 too.
    Sure; anyone could beat anyone. There's a lot of parity in the league right now.
    But I think Toronto could beat any of those teams, especially with their depth, veteran leadership and championship experience. They already beat the Lakers and 76ers without Lowry or Ibaka. They've sputtered a bit with those two returning, but Toronto will undoubtedly be better with them in the long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Sure; anyone could beat anyone. There's a lot of parity in the league right now.
    But I think Toronto could beat any of those teams, especially with their depth, veteran leadership and championship experience. They already beat the Lakers and 76ers without Lowry or Ibaka. They've sputtered a bit with those two returning, but Toronto will undoubtedly be better with them in the long-term.
    Meh, without Kawhi I look for the Raptors to be swept outta the 1st round. I wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to push it to 6 games but those top teams are head and shoulders above the Raptors, in a 7 game playoff series.

How many more Luka Doncic threads do we need?! He is easily the biggest surprise!
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Meh, without Kawhi I look for the Raptors to be swept outta the 1st round. I wouldn't be shocked if they found a way to push it to 6 games but those top teams are head and shoulders above the Raptors, in a 7 game playoff series.
    But they're among those top teams and arent even healthy yet. Whos beating them in a sweep? Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    But they're among those top teams and arent even healthy yet. Whos beating them in a sweep? Orlando?
    Yea absolutely no way they get swept. Only way they lose 1st round would be in the 4-5 matchup or if they get matched up with the Pacers and Oladipo is back to his ways. Orlando and the Nets arent beating them

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    2-6 is literally bunched within a game or so. It's been 20 games.

Let them see the Heat, Celtics, 76ers or Pacers in the 1st round. Hate to spoil it but the Raptors aren't beating any of those teams in 7 games.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if they push it to 6, just depends where they end up being seeded.

i would take the Raps over the Pacers and possibly the Celtics. Its too early to talk about playoff matchups though, we know these teams are gonna make moves later.

Miami has definitely been a surprise, although it will be interesting to see if they can sustain it without adding another player.

my homer pick: Hayward. Prior to injury we were finally seeing the Hayward we expected when he signed. I say this is a surprise because a lot of people (including myself) lost hope of this.

Dwight Howard has been a surprise. Hes ok with coming off the bench behind McGee. Hes ok with zero post touches. Hes ok with signing for a min contract. Hes even ok with playing around 19-21 mins a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    i would take the Raps over the Pacers and possibly the Celtics. Its too early to talk about playoff matchups though, we know these teams are gonna make moves later.
    The current Pacers, sure. Gotta see what they look like when Vic gets back.

The Raptors just have the history of choking in the playoffs, outside of the 1 season they had one of the best players in the game, and he's gone now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Dwight Howard has been a surprise. Hes ok with coming off the bench behind McGee. Hes ok with zero post touches. Hes ok with signing for a min contract. Hes even ok with playing around 19-21 mins a game.
    I'd honestly have to agree with this. He's definitely humbled himself and that's really all that was needed. He's still a physical freak and can absolutely contribute to a really good team he just has to accept his role. He's done really well this year.

Rippin' lips son!!

2-6 is literally bunched within a game or so. It's been 20 games.

Let them see the Heat, Celtics, 76ers or Pacers in the 1st round. Hate to spoil it but the Raptors aren't beating any of those teams in 7 games.

I said I wouldn't be surprised if they push it to 6, just depends where they end up being seeded.
    They will beat the Pacers and Heat based off of experience and internal development.

Nick Nurse is one of the better coaches in the league too.

Defense and coaching carry to the playoffs. Downfall might be a proven championship closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    They will beat the Pacers and Heat based off of experience and internal development.

Nick Nurse is one of the better coaches in the league too.

Defense and coaching carry to the playoffs. Downfall might be a proven championship closer.
    Nurse is solid, no doubt.

But I'll take the Heat in 7 right now, no joke. No more than 6 but probably over in 4 or 5.

Pacers right now would lose but they're far from a finished product. If Vic looks solid when he gets back, i take them in 7 too.

Nurse is solid, no doubt.

But I'll take the Heat in 7 right now, no joke. No more than 6 but probably over in 4 or 5.

Pacers right now would lose but they're far from a finished product. If Vic looks solid when he gets back, i take them in 7 too.
    As much as the Raps choke without Kawhi. They still have more playoff w's vs. those 2 teams combined for the last half decade. They have a better number 1 option now (Over Derozan) and improved defense/coaching, so I like their chances. I still think making the 2nd round for any of the 3 teams is an over-achievement relative to preseason expectations.

It will be a close series either way, our biases and agendas are influencing who we think will win the series.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast