Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Biggest surprises so far this season?

Were a quarter of the way in to the season now and Im curious what posters in here view as some of the biggest surprises of the season so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Were a quarter of the way in to the season now and Im curious what posters in here view as some of the biggest surprises of the season so far?
    Definitely Phoenix is a surprise right now but also if I have to say players who are surprises then definitely Graham of the Hornets, VanVleet is another one

No order but...

Melo being signed by a team.

Luka looking like an MVP candidate, that is a huge leep.

We all doubted the Warriors but I didn't expect them to be the worst team in basketball.

How good of a start the Wolves are off to. Not phenomenal but still surprised me.

And ik you want someone to say it, so the Heat being the 2 seed in the East. I had them as a playoff team, just not this high.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No order but...

Melo being signed by a team.

Luka looking like an MVP candidate, that is a huge leep.

We all doubted the Warriors but I didn't expect them to be the worst team in basketball.

How good of a start the Wolves are off to. Not phenomenal but still surprised me.

And ik you want someone to say it, so the Heat being the 2 seed in the East. I had them as a playoff team, just not this high.
    Miami Heat most definitely are a surprise right now especially in the East with how good they are

The jazz and everyone seeminly annointing them a legit contender.

The Bucks dominating despite losing Brogdon and then middleton for a few weeks.

Detroit being dog with the second easiest SOS. Sums up their season at this point. SOS

Pacers being 13-7 with easiest SOS.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Easily the Mavs, almost nobody in the game, save for Zach Lowe, had them as a playoff team and they are posting the kind of numbers nobody expected.

Some of mine would be:

Doncic MVP level play

The Heats rookies in Nunn and Herro being so good already

The warriors quick fall from the top (only to be back up there next year)

The Blazers being bad, they did bring in Whiteside though so that kind of explains it

Jokic being washed is definitely one of the bigger ones for me too

Jazz being pretty average as well

Some of mine would be:

Doncic MVP level play

The Heats rookies in Nunn and Herro being so good already

The warriors quick fall from the top (only to be back up there next year)

The Blazers being bad, they did bring in Whiteside though so that kind of explains it

Jokic being washed is definitely one of the bigger ones for me too

Jazz being pretty average as well
    Nunn is more of a surprise than Herro

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    The jazz and everyone seeminly annointing them a legit contender.

The Bucks dominating despite losing Brogdon and then middleton for a few weeks.

Detroit being dog with the second easiest SOS. Sums up their season at this point. SOS

Pacers being 13-7 with easiest SOS.
    What is the Bucks SOS? I feel like you all never play anyone good

Warriors being the worst team in the NBA

What is the Bucks SOS? I feel like you all never play anyone good
    http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

.492. 18th best in the NBA. Philly, who claims to be a contender, is at 25th best and are not taking care of games that they should be. For perspective, Philly beat a Knicks team by 6 points. The bucks beat them by 44 a few days later. Of the Bucks 3 losses, one was to MIA (OT), BOS (whatevs), and a walk off 3 by the jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi

.492. 18th best in the NBA. Philly, who claims to be a contender, is at 25th best and are not taking care of games that they should be. For perspective, Philly beat a Knicks team by 6 points. The bucks beat them by 44 a few days later. Of the Bucks 3 losses, one was to MIA (OT), BOS (whatevs), and a walk off 3 by the jazz.
    I need you all to play some good teams so we can catch you in the standings lol! Other than the clippers it still looks like a cakewalk for you guys coming up though

Raptors are another surprise especially being the defending champs especially being this good

I need you all to play some good teams so we can catch you in the standings lol! Other than the clippers it still looks like a cakewalk for you guys coming up though
    Say what you will about playing good teams. Philly has had a considerably easier schedule and they are barely getting by vs the teams they should be beating handily which is exactly what the bucks are doing. Despite losing borgodn. But DD has stepped up big time and looks like a nice contributor. The bucks are straight up dominating teams. They've had 45 straight games over 100 pts and are the least talked about good team in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Easily the Mavs, almost nobody in the game, save for Zach Lowe, had them as a playoff team and they are posting the kind of numbers nobody expected.
    You're right, I went back and looked at the who makes the playoffs thread and only 1 person had the Mavs making it, even put them as a questionable 8 seed.

They're very impressive. Has a lot to do with Luka and him having all that dead weight out of his way so his usage % can go up. Not only that, he's off to a more efficient start too.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast