Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Just saw Walterfootball's latest Mock and he has the Dolphins trading up to #2 to draft Tua. As he mention in his write about the trade.

With this scenario we are able to land Chase Young. I honestly believe that the Dolphins are going to be scared of the teams behind them that need a QB that they will trade up to #2. Like Walter said it makes no sense for them to trade up to 3 when someone else can just jump ahead of them like the Jags who own two first round picks.
    unless the redskins are dead set on Young.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    unless the redskins are dead set on Young.
    This may be true but they have more issues else where even with Young being there at 2. Some team is going to give them an offer they can't refuse. They don't have a 2nd round pick this year and by trading down they are at least guaranteed to get one plus an additional 1st.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Lions Don't Anticipate QB Changes
    Updated Feb. 27, 2020
    By Charlie Campbell. Follow Charlie on Twitter @draftcampbell.

One of the most interesting picks in the 2020 NFL Draft is the third-overall selection, where the Detroit Lions have a lot of different directions they could go with the pick. The Lions have spread the word around the league they are open to trading down, and it sounds like that is what they would like to do the most. If Detroit stays at No. 3, the general consensus is the team will take Ohio State cornerback Jeff Okudah because the organization has been shopping veteran corner Darius Slay on the trade market. The Lions are also extremely thin at defensive tackle, so Auburn's Derrick Brown is an option, as he is the consensus second best player in the 2020 NFL Draft and league sources have compared him to a young Ndamukong Suh.

Another option that has been floated is quarterback because Matthew Stafford has dealt with injuries, so there has been speculation the Lions could draft Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa to be Stafford's replacement. However in speaking with Lions sources, they don't anticipate any changes and they feel a healthy Stafford is the Lions' best option.

Ownership has stated that they want the team to make a big jump next year into playoff contention, so taking a quarterback who may or may not play could make that more difficult, whereas Jeff Okudah or Derrick Brown are plug-and-play starters who are capable of providing an impact in their rookie seasons. Even if the Lions trade down, they could take similar players in Florida cornerback C.J. Henderson or South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw who could also offer an immediate impact.

By speaking with Lions sources, it sounds like the team will be going with a player to upgrade the defense and they do not anticipate taking a quarterback in the 2020 NFL Draft.
    Well I guess here is our answer. Its either we trade down or we are taking Okudah. I would prefer taking Derrick Brown. He's a younger version of Suh without all the on the field baggage Suh was known for.
    Last edited by vader817; 02-27-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers

Well I guess here is our answer. Its either we trade down or we are taking Okudah. I would prefer taking Derrick Brown. He's a younger version of Suh without all the on the field baggage Suh was known for.
    Pretty much what most of the people here have thought. I would like to trade down...there are so many holes.

or it's the same smokescreen that every team does every year

Redskins are trying hard to drum up Tua noise to trade down. Lions will probably end up with Chase Young

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Redskins are trying hard to drum up Tua noise to trade down. Lions will probably end up with Chase Young
    you mean Derrick Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Pretty much what most of the people here have thought. I would like to trade down...there are so many holes.
    That's what I prefer as well.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers

Tristan Wirfs. OMG. A guy that big testing that well, you gotta seriously think about taking him even at #3.

Mekhi Becton too.

If you are going to go for lineman those guys are very good options. Jedrick Wills too but he didn't/won't test as high. His tape shows him in a better light than the combine results. Which worries me a bit about Wirfs because he didn't look good a few times I watched him, specifically the Michigan game. Iowa is a factory though for lineman so there is that positive as well.

Looks like he would be a good jockey

We could go so many ways sitting at #3.

1. Trade Back and get more picks which some us think will happen. Of course that all depends on if the Dolphins, Chargers, Jaguars and possibly the Colts want to move up and grab Tua. Of those teams I think the Dolphins and Colts have the draft capital to move up. I think the Dolphins could offer #5, #26 #56. The Colts would be #13 #34 and #44.
    2. Isaiah Simmons-he is the most versatile defensive player in the draft. We could unleash in all three levels against opposing offenses.
    3. Derrick Brown- A very disruptive force in the middle of the D line.
    4. Jeffrey Okudah-The best cornerback in the draft.

I would like to trade back and get more picks but if we stand pat at #3 and Brown, Okudah and Simmons are all there I think I'm leaning toward Simmons because of his versatility. He could be a Swiss Army knife on our Defense.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers

We could go so many ways sitting at #3.

1. Trade Back and get more picks which some us think will happen. Of course that all depends on if the Dolphins, Chargers, Jaguars and possibly the Colts want to move up and grab Tua. Of those teams I think the Dolphins and Colts have the draft capital to move up. I think the Dolphins could offer #5, #26 #56. The Colts would be #13 #34 and #44.
    2. Isaiah Simmons-he is the most versatile defensive player in the draft. We could unleash in all three levels against opposing offenses.
    3. Derrick Brown- A very disruptive force in the middle of the D line.
    4. Jeffrey Okudah-The best cornerback in the draft.

I would like to trade back and get more picks but if we stand pat at #3 and Brown, Okudah and Simmons are all there I think I'm leaning toward Simmons because of his versatility. He could be a Swiss Army knife on our Defense.
    I like Simmons too, players like him don't come around every year.

I would love Simmons, but let's be honest here. If Lions draft him, he will bust as we have no clue on how to use him.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast