Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

I would think the giants would want chase young though. And if they do trade out then that means we get young. so either way its a win win. I personally am not sold on young but if he's there at 3 and we are still picking there we have to take him. I would prefer to move back and pick up multiple picks as we have a lot of holes on the D, we could still get the best LB, DL,S or CB and more picks. The dolphins are intriguing because they have the fifth and the 18th pick I believe. So here's to Tua having killer workouts and his med records turn out good.

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Speaking of stupidity, it keeps coming:

via Justin Rogers

WTF!?!?

No wonder he rushes 3 all the time, the dude is a complete idiot

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I would think the giants would want chase young though. And if they do trade out then that means we get young. so either way its a win win. I personally am not sold on young but if he's there at 3 and we are still picking there we have to take him. I would prefer to move back and pick up multiple picks as we have a lot of holes on the D, we could still get the best LB, DL,S or CB and more picks. The dolphins are intriguing because they have the fifth and the 18th pick I believe. So here's to Tua having killer workouts and his med records turn out good.
    Giants? Do you mean Redskins?

Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    Great to see you again bud!
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

just saw on Walterfootball.com his latest mock draft for us. Here is what he mocked for us.

The Dolphins traded up from 5 to 3 to take Tua. They gave us their second round pick as well.

Round 1 5th pick: Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State
    Round 2 3rd Pick: Raekwon Davis DE/DT Alabama
    Round 2 5th Pick (39th) (from Miami): Antoine Winfield, Jr FS/SS Minnesota
    Round 3 3rd Pick: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    Round 4 3rd Pick: James Morgan QB Florida International

I honestly think that the Dolphins are either going to trade up to #2 or #3 to grab Tua because they will be afraid of the teams behind them moving up to do the same. If they trade with Redskins then we lucked up and we can grab Chase Young.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I'd be ok with them trading up to 2 for Tua. We get Young at that point. If we don't get Young then a trade back would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    how in the world can he like the DLine and LBs on this team? THey were utter trash last season.
    I want to believe that they're saying that because they don't want to trash players that may end up on the team next year.

But I don't. I believe that these guys might not have any clue what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I want to believe that they're saying that because they don't want to trash players that may end up on the team next year.

But I don't. I believe that these guys might not have any clue what they're doing.
    We have a coaching staff full of Rockets

that's not true we didn't play in the Super Bowl

Just saw Walterfootball's latest Mock and he has the Dolphins trading up to #2 to draft Tua. As he mention in his write about the trade.
    From talking to people in Miami, I've come to the conclusion that it makes far more sense for the Redskins to trade down than the Lions. Sure, they lose out on Chase Young, but picking Young was problematic anyway because that means they'll have four first-round picks on the defensive line, which would make re-signing everyone impossible. We saw this a couple of years ago when the Browns passed on Bradley Chubb in favor of Denzel Ward for the same reason. Young is a better prospect, but if the Redskins can trade down, I think they'd do it. Also, the Dolphins moving up to No. 3 would be nonsensical because another team can just leap over them up to No. 2.

I believe Tua Tagovailoa will be a top-three pick. The demand for quarterbacks is too high. The Dolphins, Chargers, Panthers and perhaps even the Buccaneers, Jaguars and Colts are teams that could be interested in moving up for the Alabama prospect. Tagovailoa, of course, suffered a serious injury this past season, but he will reportedly throw before the NFL Draft, which is huge. It sounds as though Tagovaila's injury wasn't as bad as it was initially suspected to be, which is great news. It'll also mean that some team will be more eager to trade up for him, so I expect either the Redskins or Lions to move down.

The Dolphins are currently slotted ahead of all the other teams I mentioned above, but they seem to love Tagovailoa, so they could trade up to make sure that another team doesn't leap over them.
    With this scenario we are able to land Chase Young. I honestly believe that the Dolphins are going to be scared of the teams behind them that need a QB that they will trade up to #2. Like Walter said it makes no sense for them to trade up to 3 when someone else can just jump ahead of them like the Jags who own two first round picks.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Just saw Walterfootball's latest Mock and he has the Dolphins trading up to #2 to draft Tua. As he mention in his write about the trade.

With this scenario we are able to land Chase Young. I honestly believe that the Dolphins are going to be scared of the teams behind them that need a QB that they will trade up to #2. Like Walter said it makes no sense for them to trade up to 3 when someone else can just jump ahead of them like the Jags who own two first round picks.
    I think this is what happens...Redskins have spent a lot of picks on that d line and outside edge rushers. Not saying they couldn't use Young's abilities but I do think you are hurting yourself drafting the same position over and over. I think if this happens the lions instantly call in Young.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

I really, really, really want Chase Young. Regardless if the boobs in charge are still here or not after this season, we'd have a generational guy who can transform the D-line. His talent should transcend whatever coach comes in next. That said I would not be upset with a haul of picks either if Young is off the board.

1A-Chase Young
    1B-Extra picks to move down for Brown/Okudah/Simmons/Kinlaw

The worst scenario imo would be to stay at 3 and not do anything assuming Young if off the board imo.

I really, really, really want Chase Young. Regardless if the boobs in charge are still here or not after this season, we'd have a generational guy who can transform the D-line. His talent should transcend whatever coach comes in next. That said I would not be upset with a haul of picks either if Young is off the board.

1A-Chase Young

The worst scenario imo would be to stay at 3 and not do anything assuming Young if off the board imo.
    can't argue with this

if it plays out in that scenario I'd be pretty stoked to get Young, and if we trade back, like every fan of every team in the history of football wants every year, that's cool, too

1A-Chase Young

Like Guysir said "can't argue with this."

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast