Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Was watching Alabama WR highlights and noticed that every single pass was a beautiful left hand dime on the money from Tua

it's gonna be so sad watching this franchise changing QB go to a different team

Burrow
    Young
    Tua

are the only 3 elite prospects in this draft and we won't end up with a single one even tho we have the 3rd pick

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    Was watching Alabama WR highlights and noticed that every single pass was a beautiful left hand dime on the money from Tua

it's gonna be so sad watching this franchise changing QB go to a different team

Burrow
    Young
    Tua

are the only 3 elite prospects in this draft and we won't end up with a single one even tho we have the 3rd pick
    There are two elite prospects: Simmons and Lamb.

If you watched Tua play you also had to have noticed something else about him, he would pull the ball down and extend the play even though he had receivers open. He did that because he was only reading half the field. He's a bust. You can get away with that at Alabama, you can't get away with it in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Boudreaux View Post

If you watched Tua play you also had to have noticed something else about him, he would pull the ball down and extend the play even though he had receivers open. He did that because he was only reading half the field. He's a bust. You can get away with that at Alabama, you can't get away with it in the NFL.
    you don't need analysis to know that a star player will be a bust with the Lions

if he goes to another team, he may or may not be a bust, but at least he has a chance

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    you don't need analysis to know that a star player will be a bust with the Lions

if he goes to another team, he may or may not be a bust, but at least he has a chance
    He's a bust no matter where he goes, he can't read the whole field.

I have been playing around with the First-Pick game a bit. You'd be surprised by how frequently the #1 and #2 picks were someone other than Burrow or Young. If that was the case I just started the draft over. In the draft scenario below I stuck with addressing defense first with the first 3 picks but then went offense. Okudah was available but I went Simmons first and then addressed the CB need.

Your score is: 37993 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 3: Isaiah Simmons, OLB/ILB, Clemson (A)
    Round 2 Pick 3: Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 16 (L.V.): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 21: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (L.V.): Jalen Hurts, QB, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 3: Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Mustafa Johnson, DT, Colorado (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 20: Nick Coe, DE, Auburn (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 3: Rodney Smith, RB, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 21: Brady Aiello, OT, Oregon (A+)

I stayed at the current spot in the 1st and 2nd round but then traded our 3rd round pick to L.V. to grab 2 additional 3rd round picks. I believe there is a lot of value in this round.

How is Simmons and elite prospect when he isn't elite at anything?

Like I get it he can play anywhere on the field but he's not elite at anything

also Jerry Jeudy is better than CeeDee
    Last edited by rocket; 03-31-2020 at 02:21 PM.

He's a bust no matter where he goes, he can't read the whole field.
    Can't read the field but somehow had a 87/11 TD to INT ratio.

Let's not forget most of his passing yards are down the field balls.

Tua's completion percentage grew every season and his INT rate fell in each of his three seasons lul

Looks like the Lions will need to land Chase Young or hope Uche/Baun fall because their pass rush still looks pathetic and have done nothing to improve it, especially on the edge.

Uche will get this staff fired as he is still very raw and will need a couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Uche will get this staff fired as he is still very raw and will need a couple seasons.
    All the more reason to draft him.

But yeah 3rd round guy for me but may elevate with just how awful this EDGE class is.

I know it doesn't solve the DT/DE position right away but if they do trade out of the #3 spot with MIA, they HAVE to get both the #5 and #18. Get those and pick Simmons and Queen in the first round and you solidify the LB position. Then, hope Blacklock falls to our pick in the 2nd round.

I'd be happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I know it doesn't solve the DT/DE position right away but if they do trade out of the #3 spot with MIA, they HAVE to get both the #5 and #18. Get those and pick Simmons and Queen in the first round and you solidify the LB position. Then, hope Blacklock falls to our pick in the 2nd round.

I'd be happy with that.
    At least in that scenario you can get creative with blitzing to create pressure as Queen is a good blitzer. Queen and Davis, if Davis actually makes the tackle, could be troublesome for blocks on blitzes. I'd also be willing to try Simmons as a pass rusher opposite Collins. At least this way you can drop one or both into coverage and rush the passer, making it difficult to figure out their roles on any given play.

I'd be happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan...LOL View Post
    At least in that scenario you can get creative with blitzing to create pressure as Queen is a good blitzer. Queen and Davis, if Davis actually makes the tackle, could be troublesome for blocks on blitzes. I'd also be willing to try Simmons as a pass rusher opposite Collins. At least this way you can drop one or both into coverage and rush the passer, making it difficult to figure out their roles on any given play.
    As both of you mention is why I think Simmons is ideal for this defense. He is a moving chess piece for Patricia. He can blitz, stop the run and actually cover.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I'm just starting to really believe that we have to either pick Young, Simmons, or trade out of that spot. I don't care how great Okudah could be. If we have a DL and LB core that can't get pressure on the QB it doesn't matter who we have back in coverage.

No to Okudah.

I'm just starting to really believe that we have to either pick Young, Simmons, or trade out of that spot. I don't care how great Okudah could be. If we have a DL and LB core that can't get pressure on the QB it doesn't matter who we have back in coverage.

No to Okudah.
    I'd agree but that's how they want to play defense. Stuff the run and keep everything in front of you allowing the secondary to shut down the pass game. It's stupid given how important and premium pass rush is but we are stuck with it until the morons are fired. NE can run it because they have BB.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast