Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    every year we do this "we should trade down" ****, IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO!

teams don't want to give up picks to move up unless they have an extreme need, also we're the Lions and we'll end up trading our pick for a 4th.

every single fanbase in the league is saying "trade down for picks"

except maybe the bengals

but how many fanbases are saying "trade picks to move up!"?

we do this every year

edit: I've become JackB, just wheel me to the old folks home now
    It's a fair point, however it seems logical if not probable that this year the scenario could actually play out. Now, this assumes Tua is healthy of course, but let's say he gets a clean bill of health: Tua is a top 3 player in this draft, no bones about it. Potentially #1 overall and with 3 or 4 teams needing a QB below us, including Miami with multiple early round picks, it would behoove us to try and make a move to ensure the team below us gets their guy. But yeah I get it lol, everyone wants to move down and in general I agree with you because it is typically just an exercise in draft pick/prospect baiting.

I want Tua.

there is a drop off after the first 3 rated players in this draft.. where is Whooligun?

Now is the perfect time to get a QB under a rookie contract and build around the team (DEFENSE)
    Stafford had a broken back last year... it's time to move on he's gonna be 32 i think he might start declining sooner than people think

Like there needs to be a plan. I would be looking to move Stafford and get some really good picks for him.. a lot of teams could trade for him

but... we have a coach and GM who are trying to save their job so i don't see this happening

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    I want Tua.

there is a drop off after the first 3 rated players in this draft.. where is Whooligun?

Now is the perfect time to get a QB under a rookie contract and build around the team (DEFENSE)
    Stafford had a broken back last year... it's time to move on he's gonna be 32 i think he might start declining sooner than people think

Like there needs to be a plan. I would be looking to move Stafford and get some really good picks for him.. a lot of teams could trade for him

but... we have a coach and GM who are trying to save their job so i don't see this happening
    I like your thinking but Tua has had surgeries on both of his ankles and not to mention the whole dislocated hip issue. If his medicals all come back positive with the hip issue then yeah pull the trigger.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I want Tua.

honest question, I wanna know what you guys seriously think, who's more valuable right now, Stafford or Brady?

Tua has declared for the draft. I'm pretty sure Burrow is going #1

I would def draft Tua if I were the Lions and have him sit for a year. Then draft Stafford for picks

Stafford is a great QB but it's time to move on. Too bad Bob Quinn and Patricia are fighting for their job & will not end up doing that. this is so ****ing stupid

if we end up sitting there and not moving back with our pick that will be really really bad
    I actually like your idea of drafting Tua and sitting him while Stafford plays for his future.

I disagree with your take that BQ wouldn't do it because of his job being on the line, this move might actually buy him even more time as he could use Stafford to help win games in the present while using Tua as his excuse to build for the future, he'd have it set either way

Excuses galore!

OR! because of our relationship with NE, we trade Stafford to the Pats, sign Brady cheap (hey, he played at Michigan right?) draft Tua to sit and heal behind Tom

also we'd sign Wade Phillips to be DC of course

honest question, I wanna know what you guys seriously think, who's more valuable right now, Stafford or Brady?
    Brady - but that is because people are stupid. Some team is gonna throw a bucket of cash at Brady and be dissapointed when he doesn't perform like the GOAT.

OR! because of our relationship with NE, we trade Stafford to the Pats, sign Brady cheap (hey, he played at Michigan right?) draft Tua to sit and heal behind Tom
    That...would be interesting.

also we'd sign Wade Phillips to be DC of course
    I really would like getting Wade. He has built some great defenses in his time in the NFL. I don't know if Matty P would want him though.

I actually think Matt Rhule becomes a really good coach for the Panthers.

he probably wouldn't have even considered coming to Detroit though

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    That...would be interesting.
    Reunited with Amendola, stretch players in Golladay and Jones, Hock becomes the next Gronk

Reunited with Amendola, stretch players in Golladay and Jones, Hock becomes the next Gronk
    **** it. Nothing else we do works. Let's go for it!

GuySir call up the GM and make it happen!

edit: upon reflection of what I just wrote I bet this is exactly how personal moves are made in detroit.

Couple of dudes in the FO sitting around throwing crazy dumb ideas like drafting a TE and number 8. They fall in love with their ideas and then pitch em to BQ as impossible to miss ideas.

So do we bring Kyle Van Noy back as a free agent to reunite him with Patricia's Defense?
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast