Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

2020 NFL Draft

Since this season is over, well more over than it was post-Packers, it is time to get our annual draft talk thread going since it is our only super bowl.

Obviously the big target is Chase Young but it seems like unless we end up at 2 we probably won't get a chance at him (we definitely need to finish worse than the Giants). Who else do we want? Who do we think would fit?

For me if we can't draft Chase Young I think we should take a look at Grant Delpit, Andrew Thomas, or Jerry Jeudy. WR is a big need on this team because Jones may not be here for much longer (he is out best trade chip outside of Stafford), Amendola is a free agent and, while, Marvin Hall is impressive consider me skeptical he is more than WR#4. Jeudy is an instant starter at WR #2 and could form a dominate duo with KG for the next several years. He also has good hands, speed, and can gain seperation with both his speed and route running ability. Having a guy that could do that would do wonders for opening this offense up.

Delpit is the best safety in this class and would be a huge addition next to Walker. He is versatile and can do multiple things on defense (defend the deep routes, attack the L.O.S., blitz, and even play in the slot). He doesn't force as many turnovers as one would like but the versatility and athleticism in the backend would be a huge boon for the secondary that could use the support. Imagine having Walker and Delpit able to eliminate the deep shots.

BQ's investment in the o-line has not worked as we hoped. Decker has played better recently but has overall been largely mediocre. Wagner has not been great either and can be moved on from this year. While I don't see it happening I do think that help at the tackle spot is needed still. Enter Andrew Thomas who is a large, powerful, and athletic tackle ala Trent Williams. He has the flexibility to play either tackle spot and could make for a huge addition to the run game by beating his man off the ball while still providing very good pass pro.

Let's just take Tua and get it over with. QB play hasn't been the issue since Stafford went down. Somehow Driskel and Blough have done pretty much as well as Stafford. So basically Stafford is a replacement level QB.

Tankathon has us at 6, and Washington & Miami keep winning for some reason, so we could end up top 4, or even top 3 if Atlanta keeps trying. Burrow and Young will be gone, Tua will be ours.

Also, let's get the 2021 thread ready because I'm already down on Tua and ready for Lawrence!

I don't know what can be done to fix this team. I feel like every year there are so many holes. In no particular order, here are our needs:
    1. D-line sucks
    2. Safety is a position of concern, but the starters we have are good.
    3. Corner is a position of concern as I don't think Slay is long for detroit. We will have to pay him a lot and I don't think the Lions will.
    4. O-line is great a pass protecting, but a hot pile of trash when run blocking. I have to admit that I haven't watched the last 3 games so I don't know if this has improved.
    5. Running back is constantly injured...would not invest a high draft pick in this position though. The NFL has shown me that it is not a position of value. The teams with the best running backs in the league either suck (Giants) or are mediocre (Cowboys)
    6. Linebackers are all hot flaming garbage. Nothing more needs to be said.

I'd lose my mind if they pick a WR or TE with their first selection. I think the offense has more than enough weapons to succeed and although Jones is getting up there in age, the WR core is not the issue.

Defense first and foremost so Delpit or the CB from OSU would be my selections this far out.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I'd lose my mind if they pick a WR or TE with their first selection. I think the offense has more than enough weapons to succeed and although Jones is getting up there in age, the WR core is not the issue.

Defense first and foremost so Delpit or the CB from OSU would be my selections this far out.
    I have to agree. Its not our offense that has lost us games this year. Our defense can't stop nobody and can't keep a lead. We are one of three teams to have a lead in all 12 games they have played this year. The other two teams are the 49ers and the Chiefs. We need to add talent to this defense. If they go offense with their first pick next year then its time to fire everyone. Ideally I would love to get Chase Young but unless we lose out and Atlanta, Washington and NY Giants win more games we lost on that sweepstakes. Delpit or Okudah would be a nice consolation prize.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

The Falcons and the dolphins have winnable games this weekend. Hopefully they come through and help our draft status.
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

that's why I'm saying we should let PP go, unless MP is the true architect of this atrocious defense

if we keep drafting and signing defensive players and then playing god awful schemes, what's the point?

we have an OC that knows what he's doing, get these turd nozzle QBs out of here and draft Tua, unleash the power of a coordinator that finally knows what he's doing

They had better hit up defense hard in the draft. If they draft offense this entire organization just needs to clean house again.

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    They had better hit up defense hard in the draft. If they draft offense this entire organization just needs to clean house again.
    we have to draft smart, if we're not gonna utilize the skills of potential defensive draft picks, then don't draft them

draft players who will be utilized

get the front office and coaching staff on the same page for the love of god and make the Lions relevant for the first time in any of our lives

#BLOWforBURROW

If they drop to 3rd or 4th do they try and swing a deal with The Bengals to pick first and get Young?

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    If they drop to 3rd or 4th do they try and swing a deal with The Bengals to pick first and get Young?
    Stafford, Slay, and cash for #1

Giants at 2 will most assuredly draft Young. Lions will have to draft the next best thing, another TE obviously.

Updated standings after today's games:

Bengals 1-14
    Dolphins 3-12
    Washington 3-12
    Lions 3-11-1
    Giants 4-11
    Arizona 5-9-1

We have a chance to move up to #2 if both Washington and Dolphins win. They play the Giants and Bengals respectively. Things are looking up!

Young at #2?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast