Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NFL Draft

Anyone other than Young at #2 is a fireable offense imo, even if it is a new regime. Sure, Chase could bust out but nobody will blame you for taking a generational talent and have it not work out, versus passing on one for someone else.

I don't think you read the standings right, it's

Bengals 1-13
    Giants 3-11
    Miami 3-11
    Washington 3-11
    Detroit 3-10-1
    Arizona 4-9-1

you gave everyone an extra... something

We all are assuming that Chase Young is going declare for the draft. He hasn't made up his mind yet. He could go back for his senior year which I don't see happening. We still have a chance to get the #2 pick. The Bengals play the Dolphins this week and Giants and Redskins play this week. So If my math is correct on this and this is based on we lose to the Broncos (Washington beats the Giants and Dolphins beat Bengals) the standings after next week would look like this:

1. Bengals 1-14
    2. Giants 3-12
    3. Detroit 3-11-1
    4. Miami 4-11
    5. Washington 4-11

Now if we still lose and Giants beat the Redskins and Bengals beat the Dolphins, then the standings after next week look like this:

1. Bengals 2-13
    2. Miami 3-12
    3.Washington 3-12
    4. Detroit 3-11-1
    5. Giants 4-11

I guess we are Redskins and Dolphins fans next week. That stupid tie is going to be the down fall for us.

A little more detail on how we could end up with the 2nd pick
    Last edited by vader817; 12-16-2019 at 11:50 AM.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I don't think you read the standings right, it's

Bengals 1-13
    Giants 3-11
    Miami 3-11
    Washington 3-11
    Detroit 3-10-1
    Arizona 4-9-1

you gave everyone an extra... something
    whooops...

So I was having a little fun on first-pick.com and doing a mock draft. This is what I came up with.

Your score is: 37913 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 7 (CAR): Chase Young, DE/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 2 Pick 7 (CAR): Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 26 (SEA): Kenneth Murray, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (SEA): Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 26 (HOU): Brad Stewart, FS/SS, Florida (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 27 (N.E.): Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 4 Pick 3: Aubrey Solomon, DT, Tennessee (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 5 (HOU): AJ Dillon, RB, Boston College (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): Michael Onwenu, OG, Michigan (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 25 (HOU): Saahdiq Charles, OT, LSU (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 27 (N.E.): Alohi Gilman, FS/SS, Notre Dame (A)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Shea Patterson, QB, Michigan (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 19 (JAX): Cesar Ruiz, C, Michigan (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 3: Jeffrey McCulloch, OLB, Texas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 8 (CLE): Josh Kaindoh, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 9 (JAX): Clay Johnston, ILB, Baylor (B-)
    Round 7 Pick 9 (JAX): Marcus Keyes, OG, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 28 (NYG): Kenny Robinson, FS/SS, West Virginia (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 30 (NYG): Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi (A+)

I was actually shocked when I knew Chase was there at #3 with Cincinnati taking Burrow with the first pick and the Redskins took Andrew Thomas at #2. Carolina offered there #7 and 2nd round pick at #7 in that round as well. I though for sure they would take Young but didn't. I know this wouldn't play out and most of these players wouldn't be sitting there at those spots. I thought it was fun to play around and see what I could come up with.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Hopefully we can be in a position to trade back and pick up some extra picks. That's hoping a couple of the QB's show well and teams fall in love with them to want to take one and move up to get them. Allowing us to pick up a RT, safety or DL without reaching and adding extra picks. we seem to think this every year but it seems like someone will do it every year to get there QB.

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

I would love to trade back if we can't get Burrow.

like this would be the perfect draft to trade back. Quinn needs to get future picks for the next GM

A couple of things:

- If Chase Young is there you have to pick him. Whether or not you think he's the 'real deal' the drop in talent is significant from him.
    - Okudah is great but picking him at #3 is way too high. If Chase Young is gone you have to trade back.
    -Washington has address their Dline with a 1st round pick in the last 3 years. Montez Sweat, Da'Ron Payne, & Jonathan Allen. I would not be surprised if they pass up Chase Young. Which makes me wonder if they would trade down and to whom.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    A couple of things:

- If Chase Young is there you have to pick him. Whether or not you think he's the 'real deal' the drop in talent is significant from him.
    - Okudah is great but picking him at #3 is way too high. If Chase Young is gone you have to trade back.
    -Washington has address their Dline with a 1st round pick in the last 3 years. Montez Sweat, Da'Ron Payne, & Jonathan Allen. I would not be surprised if they pass up Chase Young. Which makes me wonder if they would trade down and to whom.
    Don't forget the Lions had a stud line and drafted Fairley anyway, having an elite DLine opens up so much defensively, if you can overwhelm with your front four you can have a ridiculous defense. Ron Rivera is the coach now, he was on the 85 Bears if I'm not mistaken, I could totally see them taking a Chance

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Don't forget the Lions had a stud line and drafted Fairley anyway, having an elite DLine opens up so much defensively, if you can overwhelm with your front four you can have a ridiculous defense. Ron Rivera is the coach now, he was on the 85 Bears if I'm not mistaken, I could totally see them taking a Chance
    too bad Bob Quinn said coverage allows the pass rush to get there. we were last in the league in time to throw for the QB. Also noted that the Cardinals were one of the tops in the league in at time getting to the QB but were in the bottom of the league in Pass Yards given up..

God BQ is an idiot. i miss the days of our nasty D-Line in 2014-2015 with Terryl Austin always bringing pressure... had Rasheen Mathis & Slay holding it down. And that was outta no where... We had a historic run defense too

That would be my defensive scheme. Sending pressure most of the time with a D-Line that can stop the run but also rush the passer. Having Good CB's with a D-Line that can't generate pressure is a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    too bad Bob Quinn said coverage allows the pass rush to get there. we were last in the league in time to throw for the QB. Also noted that the Cardinals were one of the tops in the league in at time getting to the QB but were in the bottom of the league in Pass Yards given up..

God BQ is an idiot. i miss the days of our nasty D-Line in 2014-2015 with Terryl Austin always bringing pressure... had Rasheen Mathis & Slay holding it down. And that was outta no where... We had a historic run defense too

That would be my defensive scheme. Sending pressure most of the time with a D-Line that can stop the run but also rush the passer. Having Good CB's with a D-Line that can't generate pressure is a disaster
    Exactly. You generate enough pressure consistently you can make great QBs look terrible. You lack the ability to get to the QB you can make the worst of QBs look great.

Same is said for the CBs. If you're able to get pressure on the QB you can make average CBs look great. You Don't and you make great CBs look terrible.

Tua has declared for the draft. I'm pretty sure Burrow is going #1

I would def draft Tua if I were the Lions and have him sit for a year. Then draft Stafford for picks

Stafford is a great QB but it's time to move on. Too bad Bob Quinn and Patricia are fighting for their job & will not end up doing that. this is so ****ing stupid

if we end up sitting there and not moving back with our pick that will be really really bad

The only way I don't trade down at this point is if Chase Young is on the board. Let Miami, for example, climb up to us for a hall of picks and see who of Derrick Brown/Jeffrey Okudah falls to us.

every year we do this "we should trade down" ****, IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO!

teams don't want to give up picks to move up unless they have an extreme need, also we're the Lions and we'll end up trading our pick for a 4th.

every single fanbase in the league is saying "trade down for picks"

except maybe the bengals

but how many fanbases are saying "trade picks to move up!"?

we do this every year

edit: I've become JackB, just wheel me to the old folks home now
    Last edited by GuySir; 01-07-2020 at 03:05 AM.

RIP JackB

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast