Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They lost that Superbowl 🤣
    Yea I goofed that.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    He coached the team to a super bowl win, lol. There's literally no advantage to firing a guy during the season, it's just a **** you to the coach. This is one of the scummiest moves I've seen in a loooong time.

Twenty years from now they'll be talking about that one time they won the super bowl and what a great guy Rivera was.
    God I wish that were true lol. If we won SB50 I wouldn't even give a **** how bad he's been. But he's incapable of making adjustments and will build his team with nepotism towards coaches who just aren't good. A big reason he's failed is because he's hired in-house coordinators like Mike Shula, Eric Washington; Steve Wilks, and then his good buddy Norv. There's only so much you can expect your franchise QB and overrated front 7 to do until you need to actually provide help as a coach.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    He coached the team to a super bowl win, lol. There's literally no advantage to firing a guy during the season, it's just a **** you to the coach. This is one of the scummiest moves I've seen in a loooong time.

Twenty years from now they'll be talking about that one time they won the super bowl and what a great guy Rivera was.
    I don't see why it's more *honorable* to fire a guy at the end of the season instead of week 12, especially when he's getting paid regardless.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 12-06-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Yeah Denver whooped that *** in SB50. Ruined Cam and Riverboat Ron... Shame

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I don't see why it's more *honorable* to fire a guy at the end of the season instead of week 12, especially when he's getting paid regardless.
    Me personally, if I knew I was going to get fired, if prefer it happen sooner rather than later. I'd imagine being a dead man walking would be a miserable feeling

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Me personally, if I knew I was going to get fired, if prefer it happen sooner rather than later. I'd imagine being a dead man walking would be a miserable feeling
    Prevents you from getting an early jump on talking to teams about positions too.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    being a dead man walking would be a miserable feeling
    looks something like this
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I think the early jump on talking to teams thing is very overblown. No one is hiring a coach before the season ends. And guys like Ron Rivera aren't unknown quantities. Anyone who is considering hiring him isn't going to be more likely to hire him because they could talk to him a few weeks earlier.

As far as "honorable" goes. Maybe honorable isn't the right word, but I absolutely get it why guys don't want to be fired before the season is done. This isn't a normal job. These guys are basically like family. There's guys on that team he's coached for years and years. Some of those guys are practically like sons to him I'm sure. So I get why he wants to continue to go to battle with these guys each week until the season is over.

I had the same thought when the packers fired McCarthy last year. On one hand, it probably is better for the coach. They get to spend a little time away from the game with family before diving back into the grind of the coaching search. But I absolutely get why coaches want to finish the year and why other coaches in the media make comments about it being disrespectful.

To me, if you have a coach on staff you're seriously considering, firing the coach to give that guy the interim label makes sense. Otherwise, I don't really see a ton of value.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234