Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    then it's your fault for the same thing you have been blaming me for, not knowing and not looking up information. I provided a story about Antifa where they attacked random marines.
    Antifa are people that will attack anyone, with random weapons while hiding their identity. they are just as bad as any far right extremism.

your ignorance is outstanding.

imagine if someone said this same thing about KKK/white supremacy. that is the equivalent.

to think that deaths are the only thing that matters is straight up ignorant. I would expect people to be smarter than this.

this is Antifa, get educated. the evidence of violence from Antifa is overwhelming, yet some are still clueless
    Again, currently neither Antifa, black lives matter, or any right wing extreme group have any significance in US politics. The difference is the KKK once had significance in the political make up of this country and had an impact on society. Yes, Antifa has caused some havoc but in the big picture, they aren’t even a pimple on the butt of the US. I’ll give you an example, in the 1950s, when the KKK was at its peak and racism was rampant, the Supreme Court decided to end school segregation. However, in Little Rock AK, a group of White supremacists decided they were going to stop black children from entering this one school. Then Eisenhower got involved and sent troops to Little Rock. There was no farther incidents. Antifa is not nearly as organized, maintained or powerful as the KKK once was in the US. They are not armed with anything outside of bike locks. They mean nothing.

Also, just upon looking at the tweets you posted, the last one is false. Perhaps the man was arrested for disorderly conduct or had some other warrant but he was not arrested for making “anti-Semitic” remarks. If he was, we should all ban together to break him out and free him. In the US, unlike crappy Canada, you can’t be arrested, fined or anything for hate speech. Hate speech is legal.

you're right. not knowing about someone who died in 1865 isn't really as bad as not knowing about a far left extremist group in current time.

it would have to be willfull ignorance to play dumb about current Antifa. other than Lincoln being in the news related to this story how much is Lincoln in the news or being talked about? not much. Antifa has continued to put themselves in the news on a regular basis. I understand some may not want to know about them because it doesn't help their agenda, but that's not an excuse either.
    Time for you to go back to the kiddy table. Again, trying to equate someone downplaying Antifa to someone that's obsessed with American politics not knowing **** about Lincoln is something so mind numbingly dumb it could only come from you.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 12-07-2019 at 05:48 PM.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

you're right. not knowing about someone who died in 1865 isn't really as bad as not knowing about a far left extremist group in current time.
    What about being obsessed with a far left fringe group because it helps you sleep at night and not knowing who the the prime mister of your own country is? I'd bet dollars to donuts you couldn't name the ten provinces let alone their capitals

What's your opinion of WEXIT?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    What about being obsessed with a far left fringe group because it helps you sleep at night and not knowing who the the prime mister of your own country is? I'd bet dollars to donuts you couldn't name the ten provinces let alone their capitals

What's your opinion of WEXIT?
    Or that the US has states, not provinces?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Or that the US has states, not provinces?
    I' would hope knows that the US has states but who knows

In high school, one of teachers had us memorize the 50 states and capitals. I'd get all the States but I doubt I'd get 40% of the capitals

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I' would hope knows that the US has states but who knows

In high school, one of teachers had us memorize the 50 states and capitals. I'd get all the States but I doubt I'd get 40% of the capitals
    I don’t think I could get 10% of the capitals. They aren’t really if any use to anyone unless you live in the state anyway. Good thing I have a google machine I guess...

but why would I know specifically what Lincoln did as President. that is the point.
    I'm with fnk on this one. There are a lot of nuances that are left out when writing history. I thi k its 100% fair to say I cant comment on how good a president Lincoln was because we weren't there, we dont know what the vibe was, we dont know a lot of little details.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'm with fnk on this one. There are a lot of nuances that are left out when writing history. I thi k its 100% fair to say I cant comment on how good a president Lincoln was because we weren't there, we dont know what the vibe was, we dont know a lot of little details.
    Smfh

Lincoln is a bad mother ****er. Read and understand one of the best pieces of English oratory in history:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
    But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate—we can not consecrate—we can not hallow—this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
    I went there and stood where he stood to say those words. I wouldn't walk to the end of the hall to hear anything Trump has ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Smfh
    I was present during George dubya bush presidency, I know first hand he was a garbage president. However, I could see in a few decades history remembering him as so.ething else.

That very well could have happened with lincoln, I dont know. Certainly enough to the degree that someone having no opinion is a fair stance

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I was present during George dubya bush presidency, I know first hand he was a garbage president. However, I could see in a few decades history remembering him as so.ething else.
    Sure, when the effects of climate change have completely ruptured the fragile fabric of the world as we know it, he’ll look good.

That very well could have happened with lincoln, I dont know. Certainly enough to the degree that someone having no opinion is a fair stance
    So I understand better, you're trying to say that Lincoln during his time as President could have been looked Trump-esque back then, but time changed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    So I understand better, you're trying to say that Lincoln during his time as President could have been looked Trump-esque back then, but time changed that?
    I'm saying history can write things with bias, intentional or unintentional. So while I understand it sounds laughable and ridiculous at face value. I also understand why someone can say I cant really have a full opinion on one guy, its hard to compare.

One we read a few paragraphs in our lives about, one we're reading paragraphs of his idiotic tweets from his idiotic head on a daily basis

Way to stand up for FNK's complete ignorance!

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

We could literally swim in the amount of first hand knowledge we have of that time, they wrote everything down. I'm not talking about historians or politicians or those winners that write history. We have thousands upon thousands of contemporary accounts from everyday people.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast