Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Majority of Republicans think Trump a better president than Abe Lincoln

A majority of Republicans say President Trump is a better leader than former President Lincoln, according to this weekís Economist/YouGov weekly tracking poll.

Fifty-three percent of Republicans said Trump was a better president than Lincoln, while 47 percent chose the Civil War-era leader.

Lincoln still overwhelmingly beats Trump among all Americans, 75 percent to 25 percent, with the vast majority of Democrats and independents choosing the former president.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...t-than-lincoln

Have at it

The Lost Boys of PSD

I truly can't fathom this. I think Obama was a very good president. But I would NEVER consider rating him higher than Lincoln. I would have to ask the interviewer to repeat the question because I couldn't even imagine such a stupid question being asked.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I hear he was honest

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Finally, Trump does well in a poll....

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I truly can't fathom this. I think Obama was a very good president. But I would NEVER consider rating him higher than Lincoln. I would have to ask the interviewer to repeat the question because I couldn't even imagine such a stupid question being asked.
    This. I wonder if there was something else in the environment that caused these particular republicans to answer this way, because I would think it would be hard to find 5 informed people in america who think this way. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This. I wonder if there was something else in the environment that caused these particular republicans to answer this way, because I would think it would be hard to find 5 informed people in america who think this way. Amazing.
    This is why I don't have any concern about the move to begin impeachment being partisan. There are two sides and one side is so committed to Trump that they think this way. You aren't going to convince someone elected by people who think Trump is better than Lincoln to impeach him. They are utterly beholdened to these looney toons.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This does not surprise me, given how many asshats (all Republicans, I am sure) still adhere vehemently to the ďLost CauseĒ crap.

Should I go pop some popcorn for everyone? Because the conservative justification for this is going to be great to see.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Should I go pop some popcorn for everyone? Because the conservative justification for this is going to be great to see.
    Thereís no justification for this. Obviously a smaller sample size but I probably know at least 100 hardcore Republicans and I canít imagine 1 stating Trump is a better President than Lincoln. I canít imagine 1claiming trump is better than Reagan even.

If anyone wants to try and justify this as accurate, Iíd be happy to have that debate. My best guess, is the poll is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is why I don't have any concern about the move to begin impeachment being partisan. There are two sides and one side is so committed to Trump that they think this way. You aren't going to convince someone elected by people who think Trump is better than Lincoln to impeach him. They are utterly beholdened to these looney toons.
    I just can't believe that many people exist who actually believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Thereís no justification for this. Obviously a smaller sample size but I probably know at least 100 hardcore Republicans and I canít imagine 1 stating Trump is a better President than Lincoln. I canít imagine 1claiming trump is better than Reagan even.

If anyone wants to try and justify this as accurate, Iíd be happy to have that debate. My best guess, is the poll is flawed.
    Hehe ... you just started with "there is no justification" and ended with a justification

Never a reason to underestimate the average Trump supporter Sucked up into the cult of [****ty] personality. Brains turned to mush by the propaganda. A fragile "victim" the people can relate to!! He says the things we're all thinking too!! Finally!

You can not separate the Republican Party from Trump. They are one in the same.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & goodô now

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...nTabReport.pdf

I looked at it. Roughly 1500 respondents randomly sampled, 34% identified at Dem, 38% independent, 27% Repub. Trump vs Lincoln - Which Republican president was better? Page 267 if you'd like to look yourself.

I was actually surprised to see only 31% of respondents from the South thought Trump was better than Lincoln.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Hehe ... you just started with "there is no justification" and ended with a justification
    Iím not justifying Trump being a better president than Lincoln. Iím justifying the poll results because they seem stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.ne...nTabReport.pdf

I looked at it. Roughly 1500 respondents randomly sampled, 34% identified at Dem, 38% independent, 27% Repub. Trump vs Lincoln - Which Republican president was better? Page 267 if you'd like to look yourself.

I was actually surprised to see only 31% of respondents from the South thought Trump was better than Lincoln.
    According to your numbers, thatís roughly 400 Republicans. They must have found the stupidest ones.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast