Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Once again, reading for comprehension on PSD has broken down.

Let's try this again………

Here is what I said:

You cannot compare the two due to the fact that the eras in which they served were so different.

It is like comparing a baseball player from the 20s to one of today.

Wayne Gretzky / Gordie Howe
    ETC

Nowhere did I say that Lincoln was not a great president or that Trump was a better president. What I said was that you cannot compare presidents from two different eras.

Some of you people are so obtuse it defies belief.

Point…how was Lincoln accepted three years into his presidency? Not all that well
    Point…how was Lincoln accepted given the fact that over a half million Americans died under his leadership. Not all that well.
    Point…"Acceptability" Lincoln was elected with 40% of the popular vote. 40% (Think about that for a sec.) He was elected president by the Electoral Vote (there's that word again.). When he was re-elected , they didn;t even count the southern votes.
    Point …"Divisiveness" Trump is often called out for being divisive. Was there any president more divisive than Lincoln? About half of the territory seceded from the US under his leadership.
    Point…Lincoln was clearly against slavery (and rightly so). However he was also clearlay willing tio accept slave states if thsat was necessary to presertve the Union.
    Point…Trump is often called out for being a racist.(He's not.) Look up some of Lincoln's views on Negroes (that is what they were called at the time.) He was even in favor of establishing colonies in Africa and Central America.
    Point…Lincoln's assassination did much to boost the perception the public had of him. He was much more beloved after he was killed.

Additional points…Lincoln was not that educated a man. How would Lincoln have handled:Trillions of dollar budgets, labor unions, nuclear weapons, space issues, poverty, social programs, political factions on the other side of the world etc. All the issues that a modern president handles on a daily basis.

Lincoln was a great man and a great president. One of the greatest of all Americans. There is no question about that. But you can't compare his presidency with Trump's due to different eras…or Obama, Or Clinton. or Bush etc.

Will history ever equate the two…probably not. Lincoln has been lionized by all of us. There will be no Trump Memorial in DC. (But I bet there will be an Obama one.) But it is entirely possible that history weill show that the Trump presidency will be every bit as effective as many others.
    Let me counter with...Lincoln was a far better president than Obama or Trump.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Hahahahahaha

Oh man. Awesome. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your posts get more useless by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Let me counter with...Lincoln was a far better president than Obama or Trump.
    All I ever said was that you cannot compare presidents (or most any professionals for that matter) from different eras.

It wasn't a pro Trump or anti Lincoln statement. Nor was it a racist/not a racist point ( but some will connect that). It was merely an observation.

I don't think we'll be seeing Trump on a quarter anytime soon.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 12-04-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I'm not in a position to say whether Trump is or isn't better than Lincoln because I know very little about Lincoln.
    You're obsessed with America's politics and race relations but know very little about Lincoln? Somehow I'm not even surprised. Another shining example of your supreme ignorance though.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What does that say about a response like Sluggo's?
    That he has major blinders on when it comes to his side....kinda like you but not as "well spoken".

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Once again, reading for comprehension on PSD has broken down.

Let's try this again………

Here is what I said:

You cannot compare the two due to the fact that the eras in which they served were so different.

It is like comparing a baseball player from the 20s to one of today.

Wayne Gretzky / Gordie Howe
    ETC

Nowhere did I say that Lincoln was not a great president or that Trump was a better president. What I said was that you cannot compare presidents from two different eras.

Some of you people are so obtuse it defies belief.

Point…how was Lincoln accepted three years into his presidency? Not all that well
    Point…how was Lincoln accepted given the fact that over a half million Americans died under his leadership. Not all that well.
    Point…"Acceptability" Lincoln was elected with 40% of the popular vote. 40% (Think about that for a sec.) He was elected president by the Electoral Vote (there's that word again.). When he was re-elected , they didn;t even count the southern votes.
    Point …"Divisiveness" Trump is often called out for being divisive. Was there any president more divisive than Lincoln? About half of the territory seceded from the US under his leadership.
    Point…Lincoln was clearly against slavery (and rightly so). However he was also clearlay willing tio accept slave states if thsat was necessary to presertve the Union.
    Point…Trump is often called out for being a racist.(He's not.) Look up some of Lincoln's views on Negroes (that is what they were called at the time.) He was even in favor of establishing colonies in Africa and Central America.
    Point…Lincoln's assassination did much to boost the perception the public had of him. He was much more beloved after he was killed.

Additional points…Lincoln was not that educated a man. How would Lincoln have handled:Trillions of dollar budgets, labor unions, nuclear weapons, space issues, poverty, social programs, political factions on the other side of the world etc. All the issues that a modern president handles on a daily basis.

Lincoln was a great man and a great president. One of the greatest of all Americans. There is no question about that. But you can't compare his presidency with Trump's due to different eras…or Obama, Or Clinton. or Bush etc.

Will history ever equate the two…probably not. Lincoln has been lionized by all of us. There will be no Trump Memorial in DC. (But I bet there will be an Obama one.) But it is entirely possible that history weill show that the Trump presidency will be every bit as effective as many others.
    I don’t disagree with your assessment on how Lincoln was viewed during his presidency. There was a ton of divisiveness and hatred towards Lincoln. The greatness of Lincoln is that he was able to overcome those differences, even during and after war, to bring our country closer together and pass landmark legislation.

Also, to your point about comparisons from different eras, your examples are misleading because they compare two people that are among the top of their fields. I probably couldn’t compare Lincoln and Washington. But that’s not the type of comparison we are making. We are making a comparison between Lincoln, who in the very least is among the top 5 presidents, and the current sitting president who while I agree has been successful is also president in a relatively peaceful timeframe. To use similar to your examples....

It would be difficult to compare Montana/Bradshaw/Unitas with Brady but how about those 3 vs Kaepernick or Trent Dilfer?

Gretzky vs Brad Marchand (third in the NHL in scoring, good career)?

Chamberlin vs Karl Anthony Towns?

That’s the type of comparisons we are making in Lincoln vs Trump. Could KAT become a monster and dominate the NBA? Sure. Will he? Most likely not.

Lincoln freed the slaves, won the Civil War and then didn't punish the Confederates traitors after winning, instead let them go home. How can any other president, during any time period, even remotely be in the same league? Maybe Washington for defeating the British?

Instead, we get trolling about well 'we can't compare presidents in different time eras'. Sure, lets put Lincoln into today's discourse:

Trump Republicans: "Slavery is a choice. They are there on their own merit and choice. If they don't like it, they can move to Mexico. Lincoln's war of northern aggression is thus unjustified."

PC Democrats: "Lincoln held a White House Christmas celebration 10 years ago. Not only is the term Christmas offensive to people who don't celebrate it, but he shook hands with a Confederate apologist while wishing him Merry Christmas. Lincoln should resign."

As for Trump in 1860s America, we already know who's side he'd be on.
    Last edited by statquo; 12-04-2019 at 03:21 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Oh
    My
    God

Slugster strikes again!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Lincoln freed the slaves, won the Civil War and then didn't punish the Confederates traitors after winning, instead let them go home. How can any other president, during any time period, even remotely be in the same league? Maybe Washington for defeating the British?

Instead, we get trolling about well 'we can't compare presidents in different time eras'. Sure, lets put Lincoln into today's discourse:

Trump Republicans: "Slavery is a choice. They are there on their own merit and choice. If they don't like it, they can move to Mexico. Lincoln's war of northern aggression is thus unjustified."

PC Democrats: "Lincoln held a White House Christmas celebration 10 years ago. Not only is the term Christmas offensive to people who don't celebrate it, but he shook hands with a Confederate apologist while wishing him Merry Christmas. Lincoln should resign."

Hire a translator.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    "

Do we, tho?

Any psd reoublicans care to answer this question? Because I got a feeling they may have diff answers

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Hire a translator.
    These snowflakes have no clue how divisive Lincoln was. Sluggo supports freeing the slaves, but he also sees people who freed them as "divisive"

Interesting observation..

Sluggo, you keep banging out the content I come here for. The content I crave! Fantastic work. Thank you!! Truly top-tier posting.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Your posts get more useless by the day.
    Says the man who can’t compare presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    These snowflakes have no clue how divisive Lincoln was. Sluggo supports freeing the slaves, but he also sees people who freed them as "divisive"

Interesting observation..
    This actually shows how being divisive by itself isn’t a bad thing. We don’t need bipartisan agreement if one side is just flat out wrong.

Hire a translator.
    ????

The Lost Boys of PSD

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast