Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Who's shocked by this? Most think Lincoln was a traitor.

This really shouldn't be surprising to anybody though. I think about half of the current GOP would absolutely hate Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He gets the type of coverage he does b/c he is a shitbag. Mussolini may have made the trains running on time or maybe that's a myth IDK. he was a shitbag though so he is remembered for being one.
    no. Trump gets the type of coverage he does because the media hates him. the same media that often is aligned with Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Please go in. More rationalizing please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what is it that you want to object to, the long list of accomplishments.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

[QUOTE=SpecialFNK;33280172]no. Trump gets the type of coverage he does because the media hates him. the same media that often is aligned with Democrats.

He not the first Rep President nor the first Rep in the national media. He gets the coverage he does b/c of who he is not b/c he is a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no. Trump gets the type of coverage he does because the media hates him. the same media that often is aligned with Democrats.
    Nah, he gets the coverage because the media has to cover something and the PEOPLE love consuming Trump news so they keep covering him. But that's okay Trumps favorite thing in the world is himself and hearing about himself in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Who's shocked by this? Most think Lincoln was a traitor.
    That’s true. I heard my boy, John, talking about “taking out” that traitor down at the saloon. Lincoln needs that like he needs a hole in the head though...

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    This really shouldn't be surprising to anybody though. I think about half of the current GOP would absolutely hate Lincoln.
    I am a leftist, and I don't think that many are broken within the republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    That’s true. I heard my boy, John, talking about “taking out” that traitor down at the saloon. Lincoln needs that like he needs a hole in the head though...
    You mean because he waged the war of northern aggression?
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

He not the first Rep President nor the first Rep in the national media. He gets the coverage he does b/c of who he is not b/c he is a Republican.
    the media has been ruthless, sometimes reporters/journalists not even being accurate in what they are reporting. what the media often fails to do is cover the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Nah, he gets the coverage because the media has to cover something and the PEOPLE love consuming Trump news so they keep covering him. But that's okay Trumps favorite thing in the world is himself and hearing about himself in the media.
    it's not really an issue of covering him vs not covering him, it's what they cover. it's almost entirely negative, and they often don't report enough of the success/accomplishments. these are the same media that support Democrats so why would they want to cover endlessly the success.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

FNK definitely thinks Trump is better than Abe Lincoln. Look at how he’s trying to make him a victim. Lol

I can see why people would identify more with the current president than someone from 150 or so odd years ago.

I bet a whole bunch of those polled don't understand Lincolns impact or just don't care.

It isn't like we live in a "what have you done for me lately" society or anything.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

They use force, to make you do, what the deciders, have decided you must do.
    ZdlR

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it's not really an issue of covering him vs not covering him, it's what they cover. it's almost entirely negative, and they often don't report enough of the success/accomplishments. these are the same media that support Democrats so why would they want to cover endlessly the success.
    Negative sells, and Trump knows that. It's why he tweets so much negative stuff early in the morning. Get the news and social media riled up for another news cycle. He loves it, they sell it, we consume it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You mean because he waged the war of northern aggression?
    Yes, I do reckon people won’t take to kindly to that war around these parts...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Once again, reading for comprehension on PSD has broken down.

Let's try this again………

Here is what I said:

You cannot compare the two due to the fact that the eras in which they served were so different.

It is like comparing a baseball player from the 20s to one of today.

Wayne Gretzky / Gordie Howe
    ETC

Nowhere did I say that Lincoln was not a great president or that Trump was a better president. What I said was that you cannot compare presidents from two different eras.

Some of you people are so obtuse it defies belief.

Point…how was Lincoln accepted three years into his presidency? Not all that well
    Point…how was Lincoln accepted given the fact that over a half million Americans died under his leadership. Not all that well.
    Point…"Acceptability" Lincoln was elected with 40% of the popular vote. 40% (Think about that for a sec.) He was elected president by the Electoral Vote (there's that word again.). When he was re-elected , they didn;t even count the southern votes.
    Point …"Divisiveness" Trump is often called out for being divisive. Was there any president more divisive than Lincoln? About half of the territory seceded from the US under his leadership.
    Point…Lincoln was clearly against slavery (and rightly so). However he was also clearlay willing tio accept slave states if thsat was necessary to presertve the Union.
    Point…Trump is often called out for being a racist.(He's not.) Look up some of Lincoln's views on Negroes (that is what they were called at the time.) He was even in favor of establishing colonies in Africa and Central America.
    Point…Lincoln's assassination did much to boost the perception the public had of him. He was much more beloved after he was killed.

Additional points…Lincoln was not that educated a man. How would Lincoln have handled:Trillions of dollar budgets, labor unions, nuclear weapons, space issues, poverty, social programs, political factions on the other side of the world etc. All the issues that a modern president handles on a daily basis.

Lincoln was a great man and a great president. One of the greatest of all Americans. There is no question about that. But you can't compare his presidency with Trump's due to different eras…or Obama, Or Clinton. or Bush etc.

Will history ever equate the two…probably not. Lincoln has been lionized by all of us. There will be no Trump Memorial in DC. (But I bet there will be an Obama one.) But it is entirely possible that history weill show that the Trump presidency will be every bit as effective as many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Once again, reading for comprehension on PSD has broken down.

Let's try this again………

Here is what I said:

You cannot compare the two due to the fact that the eras in which they served were so different.

It is like comparing a baseball player from the 20s to one of today.

Wayne Gretzky / Gordie Howe
    ETC

Nowhere did I say that Lincoln was not a great president or that Trump was a better president. What I said was that you cannot compare presidents from two different eras.

Some of you people are so obtuse it defies belief.

Point…how was Lincoln accepted three years into his presidency? Not all that well
    Point…how was Lincoln accepted given the fact that over a half million Americans died under his leadership. Not all that well.
    Point…"Acceptability" Lincoln was elected with 40% of the popular vote. 40% (Think about that for a sec.) He was elected president by the Electoral Vote (there's that word again.). When he was re-elected , they didn;t even count the southern votes.
    Point …"Divisiveness" Trump is often called out for being divisive. Was there any president more divisive than Lincoln? About half of the territory seceded from the US under his leadership.
    Point…Lincoln was clearly against slavery (and rightly so). However he was also clearlay willing tio accept slave states if thsat was necessary to presertve the Union.
    Point…Trump is often called out for being a racist.(He's not.) Look up some of Lincoln's views on Negroes (that is what they were called at the time.) He was even in favor of establishing colonies in Africa and Central America.
    Point…Lincoln's assassination did much to boost the perception the public had of him. He was much more beloved after he was killed.

Additional points…Lincoln was not that educated a man. How would Lincoln have handled:Trillions of dollar budgets, labor unions, nuclear weapons, space issues, poverty, social programs, political factions on the other side of the world etc. All the issues that a modern president handles on a daily basis.

Lincoln was a great man and a great president. One of the greatest of all Americans. There is no question about that. But you can't compare his presidency with Trump's due to different eras…or Obama, Or Clinton. or Bush etc.

Will history ever equate the two…probably not. Lincoln has been lionized by all of us. There will be no Trump Memorial in DC. (But I bet there will be an Obama one.) But it is entirely possible that history weill show that the Trump presidency will be every bit as effective as many others.
    Hahahahahaha

Oh man. Awesome. Thank you.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast