Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Dolphins Extend Safety Eric Rowe

Barry Jackson

"Per source, Dolphins giving Eric Rowe a three-year, $18 M extension with $7 M guaranteed. Has done excellent work since moving to safety."

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

It's pretty much a one year deal for next season, but he has done a great job covering TEs since they moved him. Hell he won us the game this weekend with his pass break up in the endzone.

Good deal to get done right now. Basically continues his low risk high reward turn around. If he can continue to play like this over a full season then he'll be well worth the money.

Held ertz to 0 catches and as wench mentioned, had that great pass deflection in the end zone.

Finally dolphins found someone who can defend a tight end, miami has been looking for that, forever.

Great job by the staff to develop him at the safety position too. This staff clearly has a better view of players strengths and weaknesses than our past staffs.

This one is all on flores.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Held ertz to 0 catches and as wench mentioned, had that great pass deflection in the end zone.

Finally dolphins found someone who can defend a tight end, miami has been looking for that, forever.

Great job by the staff to develop him at the safety position too. This staff clearly has a better view of players strengths and weaknesses than our past staffs.

This one is all on flores.
    They had one, his name is Minkah Fitzpatrick, and he was traded because Flores did not want to put him at FS where Minkah believed he would excel. And he surely is excelling in PIT right now. We lucked into Rowe being able to play good there. If he wasn't, it would be just another hole to fill.

So I will credit Flores with Rowe playing good there . . . but I will also credit Flores with pushing Minkah out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    They had one, his name is Minkah Fitzpatrick, and he was traded because Flores did not want to put him at FS where Minkah believed he would excel. And he surely is excelling in PIT right now. We lucked into Rowe being able to play good there. If he wasn't, it would be just another hole to fill.

So I will credit Flores with Rowe playing good there . . . but I will also credit Flores with pushing Minkah out the door.
    Who is to say we "lucked in" on Rowe? Maybe Flores saw it which helped get the Minkah trade started?
    Credit Grier for getting a 1st round pick for Minkah as well.
    There's a ton of talent on the Steelers defense so lets pump the brakes on Minkah being a god send. For instance Minkah fumble recovery vs Cincy was thanks to Bush. Every safety would've gotten that ball. Also, Minkah can keep playing like this and all ti will do is cost Pit a ton of $ in 2 years

We got great value for him - let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post

I loved fitz, but he wanted to roam freely and be able to do whatever he wants, and we dont run a system that allows that.

It was nothing personal, he just doesnt fit the system.

Patriots defense is pretty complicated, cant really have guys doing whatever they.

I hate the Minkah trade as much as the next guy, but Minkah has done very little man coverage since he joined them. Hes playing as the roaming FS and a lot of deep coverage. Havent really seen him cover TEs much this year.

Btw Flores mentioned in his PC today that Rowe will still play CB. Likes his versatility. That will be a common trend you hear when we add more to the secondary.

I am glad we got rid of Minkah's overrated self. we got a 1st and Pitt has no way to get a Big Ben replacement