Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think it is a good comparable for what he is going to make. What did he get again, 4yrs, 82 million or something along those lines?

I also think that is great value for Brogdon. I'd prefer Brogdon to FVV.

We also see players like Harrison Barnes sign for 4yrs, 94 million and I'd prefer FVV.

Depends who your comparable is. I am hoping he wants to stay bad enough he won't wait for a bad team to overpay and take a deal in the range you suggest.
    I think he's a good comparable because he is putting up big time numbers as the lead guy and he also came off a 50/40/90 season.

I believe he will top around 80 million but it is also too early to really know. His counting stats are up and he's been impressive but we also have to account for minutes played and role with Lowry being out.

He's shown he can run an offense, shoot the ball at a high level and play fantastic defense. He hasn't been very efficient thus far but I expect that to improve and actually already has. Let's see!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aman_13; 12-02-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Depends who your comparable is. I am hoping he wants to stay bad enough he won't wait for a bad team to overpay and take a deal in the range you suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If FVV makes himself available then I can definitely see teams overpaying for him such as: Knicks, Magic, Suns, Pistons, Timberwolves, Spurs or Jazz
    With a 15% drop in cap, there just isn't gonna be a lot of money out there this summer for him to get that kinda money from anyone other than the Raptors, barring a sign and trade.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    With a 15% drop in cap, there just isn't gonna be a lot of money out there this summer for him to get that kinda money from anyone other than the Raptors, barring a sign and trade.
    I haven't heard anything about the cap dropping. The latest projection had it rising another 7 million to 116 for next year. It isn't the 118 million they thought it could be, but that isn't a drop. Or maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying or missing some information here.

The NBA has informed teams of currently projected salary cap and tax level in 2020-21 ($116M/$141M) and 2021-22 ($125M/$151M), sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium. It is $1M lower for '20-21 and unchanged for '21-22 based on previous projections
    https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16...ction-to-116m/

It is 109 million this year.

God I hope this is true.

Dude, Tg11 always just throws a bunch of random teams out there for every player with absolutely no regard to fit, cap, etc.

Rippin' lips son!!

I haven't heard anything about the cap dropping. The latest projection had it rising another 7 million to 116 for next year. It isn't the 118 million they thought it could be, but that isn't a drop. Or maybe I am misinterpreting what you are saying or missing some information here.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/09/16...ction-to-116m/

It is 109 million this year.
    That was the projection prior to losing the entire China market revenue. The reality could be as low as $98.6 million next summer.

Unless other means of revenue are discovered or the NBA/NBPA come to some kind of agreement/arrangement.

Hes on a hot stretch but I think we gotta hit the breaks on max player status. Hes not exactly proven much but if you're Toronto, you kind of have to keep the core if you cant lane a star FA.

Exactly if he continues to have a breakout season, then you have to resign him but do that and you risk missing out on a marquee big name come 2021

That was the projection prior to losing the entire China market revenue. The reality could be as low as $98.6 million next summer.

Unless other means of revenue are discovered or the NBA/NBPA come to some kind of agreement/arrangement.
    I see what you are referring to now. I haven't exactly followed that story recently. I'm guessing by your response it is a real possibility the NBA does lose the China market?

I doubt it. 1 - as someone said, less money to go around. But also 2 - teams are becoming smarter about contracts. I think gone are the days of max or near max/exemptions/mins being the majority. I think GMs are getting better about paying fair value for a guy and not overpaying. I think credit they way Boston, Toronto were built and the way the GSW fell apart. It showed the importance of depth.

That’s said, I’m guessing 4-$80mil to Minny.

Fred is for real guys. Back in the days of Dwane Casey he’d run Fred out there in the 4th to close games. Last year he was huge in the final two rounds of the post season and this year he’s leading a contending team to wins when they’re short handed.

I want him running the point in Toronto once Lowry leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Fred is for real guys. Back in the days of Dwane Casey he’d run Fred out there in the 4th to close games. Last year he was huge in the final two rounds of the post season and this year he’s leading a contending team to wins when they’re short handed.

I want him running the point in Toronto once Lowry leaves.
    Had Steph shaking in his boots in the finals.

I see what you are referring to now. I haven't exactly followed that story recently. I'm guessing by your response it is a real possibility the NBA does lose the China market?
    In short, yes.

With that being the case, I think it's going to be hard for guys like FVV and others to get massive contracts. It's not impossible and maybe the revenue only drops 10% or 5% instead of 15% from that projection you provided, lessening the blow. If it's only 5% it would actually be a slight increase from this season's $109 million.

This issue is, the cap for next season isn't decided for another almost 7 months, right when the moratorium period opens for that season.

He seems the typical player that ends up being overpaid by an irrelevant team that regrets giving him his contact later on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast