Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does Fred VanVleet get $100mil+ in FA?

Fred is averaging 18.5ppg, shooting 38.2% from three while leading the league in minutes per game. It's also a real thin class this offseason. Does you think he gets $100mil, whether from the Raps or someone else? Discuss

The Lost Boys of PSD

I think he does get paid, not sure who pays him though. There just isn't much competition in free agency this coming summer. 25 million is probably the high end of what I think he'll get paid, but I think it is reasonable to suggest someone will sign him for that contract. We see a lot of stars making 35+ million with increases that will lead them as high as 50 million a season now. It still surprises me how high these contracts have gotten. FVV being 60-70% of that seems like a reasonable expectation.

Not much money out there to be had. Raps are about the only team that could even give that amount.

I think he's in it for the long term in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Not much money out there to be had. Raps are about the only team that could even give that amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I think he's in it for the long term in Toronto.
    Probably. Lowry is getting older and only under contract for one more year. FVV has been a solid rotation player for a few years now, but is starting to show what he can do with more opportunity. He was also outstanding late in the playoffs last year.

No

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

knicks will give him the money lolol. sign and trade for Marcus Morris and Elfrid Payton. Nurse will make use of those guys. I think Toronto loses Ibaka, so Morris and Payton (to a lesser extent) will help with depth.

I think he will range between 65 and 80 million on a 4-year term.
    Last edited by aman_13; 12-02-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I think he will range between 65 and 80 million on a 4-year term.
    I would be trilled with that. I'm expecting 80-100 million personally.

This last stretch with Lowry being out has shown that he can start and lead his team to victory. Fred is going to get paid and I hope it's by the Raps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I would be trilled with that. I'm expecting 80-100 million personally.
    I have a hard time seeing him get more than Malcolm Brogdon.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Lowry will be moved

VanVleet if his numbers continue to go up as far as PPG, RPG and APG then I can definitely see Freddie getting a huge pay day especially if his points per game goes up to 20 or 20 plus per game.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing him get more than Malcolm Brogdon.
    I think it is a good comparable for what he is going to make. What did he get again, 4yrs, 82 million or something along those lines?

I also think that is great value for Brogdon. I'd prefer Brogdon to FVV.

We also see players like Harrison Barnes sign for 4yrs, 94 million and I'd prefer FVV.

Depends who your comparable is. I am hoping he wants to stay bad enough he won't wait for a bad team to overpay and take a deal in the range you suggest.

If FVV makes himself available then I can definitely see teams overpaying for him such as: Knicks, Magic, Suns, Pistons, Timberwolves, Spurs or Jazz

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast