Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by _Supreme_ View Post
    He seems the typical player that ends up being overpaid by an irrelevant team that regrets giving him his contact later on.
    I somewhat agree. Hes a really good player but hes not someone you pay 25M-30M a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    I somewhat agree. Hes a really good player but hes not someone you pay 25M-30M a year.
    That 25 to 30 would be his max too, for years of service. Which is absolutely bonkers.

Wolves are the best fit if he leaves. He'll blend well as a complementary piece next to Towns and Wiggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Wolves are the best fit if he leaves. He'll blend well as a complementary piece next to Towns and Wiggins.
    Yeah that and or a team like the San Antonio Spurs if he leaves

I really wanted him back in Toronto, but not at $25m per season. I was hoping in the 10-15 range, but he has played himself into a much bigger contract. Good for us this year though.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I really wanted him back in Toronto, but not at $25m per season. I was hoping in the 10-15 range, but he has played himself into a much bigger contract. Good for us this year though.
    What would your plans be for a PG then with Lowry getting old?

It was Fred at 10-15 per season. Lol. Lowry still has another year left on his deal. You could draft and develop one behind Lowry. You could trade for an undervalued one, this front office is good at finding undervalued players and at development. I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about maintaining enough money to pay a superstar whether by free agency or trade.

Personally if I'm the Raptors I trade Lowry but which teams would be a good fit for Lowry especially being a multiple time All Star, teams I could see Lowry on:

Clippers
    Spurs
    Timberwolves
    Pistons
    Thunder
    Magic
    Suns
    Wizards
    Warriors

I like the kid but I worry about his size and playing style.. perfect storm to create an injury prone player.

I wouldn't personally want to pay him more than 20 mill per.. with that said 3 years 60 mill would be my preference, I'd do 4 years 80 as well, once you get in to the 5 year 100 mill range I get a little nervous but I'd still do it. Nothing over 20 mill. If the knicks want to over pay for him they can have him.

If VanVleet keeps going up in PPG then I bet y'all will be sayin keep him

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If VanVleet keeps going up in PPG then I bet y'all will be sayin keep him
    We do want to keep him we just dont want to over pay.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    We do want to keep him we just dont want to over pay.
    You will have to especially if he becomes an All Star

Give him a one year deal at 25 million and he might bite.

Ibaka and Gasol will be coming off the books. I think Marc would re-up at 5 mil per or less like Duncan as he ages. Ibaka is probably still after one last solid contract so he might be priced out.

If the Giannis pitch flops, and or no other big free agent signs, you can sign him to a longer deal when Lowry expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Give him a one year deal at 25 million and he might bite.

Ibaka and Gasol will be coming off the books. I think Marc would re-up at 5 mil per or less like Duncan as he ages. Ibaka is probably still after one last solid contract so he might be priced out.

If the Giannis pitch flops, and or no other big free agent signs, you can sign him to a longer deal when Lowry expires.
    That's actually a good idea, give him max money but not length. At age 25 he may be looking for something more long term though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123