Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I知 bored...trade proposals for Josh Hader?

Ken Rosenthal listed the Mets as a SPECULATIVE landing spot for Josh Hader considering the Brewers are making him available.

So...ignoring the fact that he could be Diaz 2.0, what are your guys thoughts on this? Even if you don稚 want Hader, play along and make up some sort of proposal.

Brewers lack C, 1B, 3B, and SP. Do the Mets have anything to offer them? Who knows.

Personally, I would try to trade for Hader and Cain, Brewers might be happy to shed 16MM to an aging center fielder but would that just be deja vu all over again?

Maybe a trade like Dom/Nimmo, Gimenez, Vientos/Peterson/Kilom/Szapucki, and Lowrie/Ramos to slightly offset salary? Dom gives them a 1B, Gimenez gives them a valuable SS, maybe a 3B depending on what they do with all of their middle infielders, gives them a future SP that is close to the majors, and Lowrie could give them a potential short term 3B or Ramos a catcher to replace Grandal that can also hit.

Mets get an elite reliever, and a quality center fielder who痴 definitely good for the clubhouse, and it doesn稚 cost them too much money this year. They lose several valuable guys that could definitely help the Brewers out in the near future but might not necessarily be of use to the Mets as presently constructed.

But again, I知 just bored.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resum

Sign me up if that's all it would take. Pretty sure the Brewers aren't just going to be happy "shedding" Cain's salary when he's still a GG winning +3 WAR guy. The fact that Starling Marte would cost as much as he does and you think they'd just want to shed Cain's contract?

I'm pretty sure Gimenez + Peterson/Vientos/Kilome/Szapucki alone will cost Lorenzo Cain. The deal would definitely cost much more than that.

Probably Jeff McNeil + JD Davis or Brandon Nimmo + Edwin Diaz + Andres Gimenez + Mark Vientos

I don稚 want that **** face on the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I don稚 want that **** face on the Mets.
    I assume the twitter stuff is what you are referring to.

I don't hold the twitter stuff against him. He was a dumb teenager when he posted that stuff. He showed a ton of immaturity and ignorance, but I don't think the kid is a racist. I'm not gonna demonize him for the immature and ignorant twitter posts he made as a teen. You can tell just by reading the tweets that he doesn't have some deep rooted hatred/racism, and that it's mostly immature, ignorant, and insensitive tweets from a dumb teenager. Others have made similar mistakes on twitter when they were teens and in this case, he has had minority teammates vouch for him.

To each his own, but I wouldn't object to him playing on this team. Some context here... we give second chances to grown men who have physically beaten women (Reyes, Familia). If anyone deserves a second chance, its a guy who posted race sensitive tweets when they were a dumb teenager, not a grown man who hits a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Not trying to get into some deep ideological debate though. To each his own on that subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Did we not learn from Edwin Diaz?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Sign me up if that's all it would take. Pretty sure the Brewers aren't just going to be happy "shedding" Cain's salary when he's still a GG winning +3 WAR guy. The fact that Starling Marte would cost as much as he does and you think they'd just want to shed Cain's contract?

I'm pretty sure Gimenez + Peterson/Vientos/Kilome/Szapucki alone will cost Lorenzo Cain. The deal would definitely cost much more than that.

Probably Jeff McNeil + JD Davis or Brandon Nimmo + Edwin Diaz + Andres Gimenez + Mark Vientos
    Are you Brodie痴 brother? That痴 an awful deal

Cain痴 contract is pretty bad (not God awful like Cano), he declined significantly last year and will decline more over the next $51M (3 years). I very much wanted Cain when he was a FA, but when I saw the contract, I was very glad it wasn稚 us.

Dom and Gimenez is a pretty good offer, something else decent would need to be added...maybe Lowrie and $5M? Maybe Matz?

Don稚 want him. So no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

I知 all for it.
    We should probably trade Mauricio and Alvarez instead, because...

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Did we not learn from Edwin Diaz?
    You know as well as anyone that this sort of logic doesn稚 hold up and is pretty dangerous.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resum

I wouldn稚 trade McNeil for Cain and Hader straight up let alone adding anything else (assuming we池e eating all the salary).

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    You know as well as anyone that this sort of logic doesn稚 hold up and is pretty dangerous.
    It's actually quite the opposite. Relievers are incredibly volatile irrespective of talent. They're like NHL goalies or NFL kickers. Most are entirely interchangeable and trading for one can blow up in your face much like the early returns on Diaz have.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I wouldn稚 trade McNeil for Cain and Hader straight up let alone adding anything else (assuming we池e eating all the salary).
    I agree and I'm not saying I'd do it. I'm saying if you want Cain + Hader you probably need to start with McNeil.

LOL it would not cost that much. Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    LOL it would not cost that much. Wtf
    I think it would. Mainly because the Brewers want to cut cost and our package wouldn't be that good if we don't include McNeil/Alonso so the only way would be to include them. Cause anything else and we are looking at arb guys that would not help them cut cost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast