Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 775
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,020
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I mean tbh I thought we were going to draft jalen hurts, didnít think itíd be in the 2nd round which is very strange

    However I thought we desperately needed a QB. Wentz has gotten hurt most of his career at this point and you need someone you can throw in there if need be. He was finally healthy last year but he hasnít proven he can stay consistently healthy. The eagles have talent all over the place and if he gets hurt you need to have someone worthy of plugging in

    I saw jalen hurts coming here surprised it was so early. He has all the traits of a doug Pederson QB. Good leader, mobile, tough, takes care of the ball

    Having said all of that

    Strange to pick him so high. Very odd. We donít have a ton of holes. But we have enough that we couldíve used a pick somewhere. Once gross-Matos, Diggs, Winfield, shenault were off the board I really had no desires

    Maybe interior offensive line? Linebacker?

    But other than that I think our holes are overblown
    Holes might have been overblown, and I wouldn't fully disagree with that. But LB is a mess right now with no real help coming, and even if the holes were overblown, I think they're bigger than the "the Eagles could use a Taysom Hill" hole. Which I think was pretty small.

    Backup QB is always good. Wentz has had some injuries. But if he goes down the season is on life support anyways. I think they could have addressed backup QB many other ways outside of using the 53rd in Hurts. If this is for a backup...I really don't like it. You use a 2nd rounder on a guy you groom to start. Hurts is on a four year deal. Then, he probably leaves. You're buying a hopeful bandaid. It's insurance and a high priced plan.

    If this was a third rounder? Id be more understanding. But this just screams "luxury" for a team who I don't think was in that position to use a 2nd rounder on a luxury

    You can sell me on Reagor. I don't love it, but I guess I can see it. I'm going to struggle buying Hurts.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 04-24-2020 at 09:19 PM.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,672
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperCover View Post
    This is by far the worst draft Howie has ever had. He reached on both picks and one of the guys he reached on was a luxury pick that we didnít even need.

    Fulton and Mims were both sitting there, instead they pick a backup QB
    You can say hurts is a reach but Iíd be hesitant to say reagor is a reach considering several mock drafts had him listed there to the eagles at 21 and that outside of the consensus top 3 WRs everyone had an opinion on who 4-6 were

    Most had Jefferson but Iíd argue after that it was personal preference

    The eagles picked the most athletic WR not named Ruggs who btw Iím not so sure gets drafted ahead of reagor if they switched college teams

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Before the draft:

    ďEagles are in love with Denzel mimsĒ

    In the 2nd round:
    Eagles select a QB while mims is still on the board

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    87,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Yikes, Wentz usually first to congratulate someone new to the team and does it right away hasnt said a word.

    The presser later by Howie and Doug is going to be painful to watch.

    The internet is ripping Wentz hardd right now
    He did, almost immediately.

    Welcome to the best football city in America brotha!

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Yikes, Wentz usually first to congratulate someone new to the team and does it right away hasnt said a word.

    The presser later by Howie and Doug is going to be painful to watch.

    The internet is ripping Wentz hardd right now
    He actually did like right as you wrote that


    https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/...781399553?s=21

    Your baby can't do this

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,704
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    No...Just No...I usually agree with your posts, but No.

    You do not waste your second round pick on a QB when you have Wentz and don't have another pick until the 103rd pick. You had some good CB and OL options there and a really nice LB in Baun....I'm so annoyed by this. Now I REALLY hate the Reagor pick because, like you said, I would have traded Hurts and Reagor and a 4th for Lamb....

    Just stupid
    Just watch and trust the process. We can't go into every year worrying about wtf happens if Wentz goes down because were just wasting prime years from our oline. I don't want a 42 year old noodle armed Josh McCowan sotuation again. This locks us in for 4 5 years with a dependable capable backup with a high ceiling. He gets to get groomed by Dougie too.

    Braun isnt a Mike. We need a Mike and Braun is an OLB. We have a million of those in the mediocre form. We need guys thatll control the middle of the field.

    We will see how the board plays out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,704
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He did, almost immediately.

    Welcome to the best football city in America brotha!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    He actually did like right as you wrote that


    https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/...781399553?s=21
    Thank god. One tough cookie mentally. Let's hope he keeps it together.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,672
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Holes might have been overblown, and I wouldn't fully disagree with that. But LB is a mess right now with no real help coming, and even if the holes were overblown, I think they're bigger than the "the Eagles could use a Taysom Hill" hole. Which I think was pretty small.

    Backup QB is always good. Wentz has had some injuries. But if he goes down the season is on life support anyways. I think they could have addressed backup QB many other ways outside of using the 53rd in Hurts. If this is for a backup...I really don't like it. You use a 2nd rounder on a guy you groom to start. Hurts is on a four year deal. Then, he probably leaves. You're buying a hopeful bandaid. It's insurance and a high priced plan.

    If this was a third rounder? Id be more understanding. But this just screams "luxury" for a team who I don't think was in that position to use a 2nd rounder on a luxury

    You can sell me on Reagor. I don't love it, but I guess I can see it. I'm going to struggle buying Hurts.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Oh Iím not trying to sell it. I can see the frustration

    Iíd just contend the season is on life support entirely depends on who your backup is. Our Super Bowl trophy is because we had the right backup QB. And if hurts develops you get a 1st rounder for him down the road since everyone shops for QBs

    Itís an investment. The backup QBs that have saved nfl teams seasons because they were quality is endless

    Itís not my favorite pick at 53. But week 9 wentz goes down Iíd rather have hurts checking in than sudfeld lol

    The eagles are deep at WR, TE, OL, DL, CB

    Arguably issue positions are RB, LB, S

    QB was a depth issue. I made a suggestion a while back for the eagles to take hurts in the 3-4 round

    Now 2nd round is a tad high. But keep in mind they drafts Thorson a couple years ago, the eagles value backup QB very highly. They paid foles a lot to be it

    I get it. I wonít hate on frustration over it. I get it but I do not remotely think it was a luxury pick

    At any other position if you had a nate sudfeld level player as the primary backup everyone would say we need to replace that backup

    Well the eagles had that at the most important position on the roster with a starter whoís elite but has had injury issues

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Just watch and trust the process. We can't go into every year worrying about wtf happens if Wentz goes down because were just wasting prime years from our oline. I don't want a 42 year old noodle armed Josh McCowan sotuation again. This locks us in for 4 5 years with a dependable capable backup with a high ceiling. He gets to get groomed by Dougie too.

    Braun isnt a Mike. We need a Mike and Braun is an OLB. We have a million of those in the mediocre form. We need guys thatll control the middle of the field.

    We will see how the board plays out.
    Wentz has started 87.5% of the regular season games he has been here for for what it's worth. I'm not saying I don't like picking a QB, I'm saying it's not a great pick at 53 especially when you said you wanted to avoid trading it to get Lamb...Just not good.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,622
    If we can please get Malik Harrison at some point, that would be great....or Baun. I don't care if he's an OLB, I think he's going to be really good. I like Logan Wi...nevermind...lol

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    35,519
    Iím hoping in a few days I wonít hate the jalen hurts pick as much as I do now

    Your baby can't do this

  12. #567
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,387
    I am done with this draft. Franchise set back years with these first two picks. Howie lost my confidence. It was an insane pick period...
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee


    Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

  13. #568
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Iím hoping in a few days I wonít hate the jalen hurts pick as much as I do now
    I'm over it...I'm going to hate it until it proves to be useful, which I don't think it will. I'll feel better if we get Harrison/Baun/Josh Jones (I think they could definitely use another young OL guy to start getting ready for the future).

  14. #569
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,622
    Quote Originally Posted by philsphan123 View Post
    I am done with this draft. Franchise set back years with these first two picks. Howie lost my confidence. It was an insane pick period...
    I don't feel THAT way lol...Look Reagor does not have the high floor that CDL has, but he can be a wildly effective WR in our offense. He may have a higher ceiling than CDL to be honest, especially in our offense.

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,622
    Betting Josh Jones goes in the next two picks

Page 38 of 52 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •