Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    I actually like Jake Fromm a lot, so I don't think of him as this super lesser QB. I don't think anyone disagrees that quality of a prospect is important. There is a cost/value equation in play and fans (including myself) think that drafting Hurts in round 2 at the sacrifice of premium talent is not worth it. There's a reason you don't see late 1st round teams consistently spending 1st round picks on QBs, because the cost isn't worth it. Lamar Jackson, and the Packers appear to be the exception, not the norm.

Reason people only evaluate their rankings/rankings of the "experts" is because they're available knowledge to us. If people actually could see the Eagles board maybe someone could provide that input, but since nobody outside the organization has that knowledge you can't expect someone to make that call. Again I hope to be wrong as does everyone who opposes to the pick, but I'm not going to give Howie an A+ for every move he makes because he won 1 Super Bowl. There are a lot of brilliant minds in the NFL not just Howie Roseman.

he "best case scenario" here is that if Wentz goes down...Hurts makes the team as good as Wentz would. The best case scenario for another 2nd rounder is that the team gets better when Wentz is healthy. I'd rather have the second than the first, myself.

I can't even say I "hope I'm wrong" here because being wrong almost assuredly means Wentz is hurt, and that's just not a good thing. Maybe Hurts ends up a franchise QB. But I think the Eagles drafted a raw QB, got too cute about backup QB's, and will probably end up regretting this pick. Doing something new doesn't always result in a good idea.

THIS

Sal Pal said and he believe taking Jalen Reagor at 21 is a reach. AGREED.

Yes but the point I’m making is expert opinion has been incredibly varied on jalen hurts to the eagles. Several people have loved the move. Some have hated it

And while I see the “premium player” argument there weren’t exactly premium players I saw there. Who was there? Jk dobbins and Logan Wilson we’re guys I preferred to jalen hurts but I’d be hesitant to call them “premium players”

I contend that the players we ended up getting in subsequent rounds were on par with anyone we could’ve gotten in round 2

Having said that then the argument could be we should’ve traded it then for lamb. And that’s fine. I don’t mind that argument. However when it comes to the draft I don’t get attached to players because more times than not with players especially WR and CB they don’t become who they’re supposed to. Mike Mayock said it himself that WR is by far the hardest position to evaluate. I liked lamb and would’ve been excited if we drafted him

But that guys entire college experience was playing in the big 12, having free routes, no press, motion and essentially free running on release

Not to say he won’t be good. Not my point at all

My only point is no one is a guarantee and I have a hard time worrying about whatever the eagles didn’t do and I just like to focus on what they did. And tbh at 53 there wasn’t much and maybe it was as simple as hurts being higher on their board than the available players

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Sal Pal said and he believe taking Jalen Reagor at 21 is a reach. AGREED.
    And others think the eagles got the 4th best WR in the class. It’s all opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Yes but the point I’m making is expert opinion has been incredibly varied on jalen hurts to the eagles. Several people have loved the move. Some have hated it

And while I see the “premium player” argument there weren’t exactly premium players I saw there. Who was there? Jk dobbins and Logan Wilson we’re guys I preferred to jalen hurts but I’d be hesitant to call them “premium players”

I contend that the players we ended up getting in subsequent rounds were on par with anyone we could’ve gotten in round 2

Having said that then the argument could be we should’ve traded it then for lamb. And that’s fine. I don’t mind that argument. However when it comes to the draft I don’t get attached to players because more times than not with players especially WR and CB they don’t become who they’re supposed to. Mike Mayock said it himself that WR is by far the hardest position to evaluate. I liked lamb and would’ve been excited if we drafted him

But that guys entire college experience was playing in the big 12, having free routes, no press, motion and essentially free running on release

Not to say he won’t be good. Not my point at all

My only point is no one is a guarantee and I have a hard time worrying about whatever the eagles didn’t do and I just like to focus on what they did. And tbh at 53 there wasn’t much and maybe it was as simple as hurts being higher on their board than the available players
    My list of guys I wanted was JK Dobbins, Logan Wilson, Zach Baun Denzel Mims, AJ Epenesa, Kristian Fulton, Josh Jones, Malik Harrison (granted not at pick 53, but as a potential trade down).

I though Dobbins was a very good pick, the LBs for obvious reasons, at 53 I though Mims had value even if he's not my favorite receiver in the draft. Kristian Fulton was who I wanted the most in the pick. Just in case you wanted a list of guys I liked at the time (and you probably didn't lol).

This also moves past not trading up for Ceedee which was my #1 desired move, but probably every person on this board already knew that lol

It’s simple, for jalen hurts to show his value Carson needs to get hurt. I hate that idea

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    It’s simple, for jalen hurts to show his value Carson needs to get hurt. I hate that idea
    We don’t know that yet. They may have 5ish plays a game with him. Who knows. I’m obviously not guaranteeing that. Just saying we don’t really know the ramifications of the pick yet

Its interesting that Howie never said this is a deep class for receivers. He draft one in the First then waited until the 5th and 6th. Lets be real here. Players drafted that late usually doe not make the roster. I believe The Eagles will move on from both Alshon and DJax after next season both of whom are 30 and 33 respectively. We know that JJAW rookie season was a disaster so year 2 could be a make or break for him. The reality is a year from now the Eagles may have to draft a receiver in the first round AGAIN.

I will say it again Marquise Goodwin doe not move the needle. I don't think he will make this roster.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    And others think the eagles got the 4th best WR in the class. It’s all opinion.
    I think they got the 3rd best personally. I also think, from what I have read, he will have the easiest time of the prospects transitioning to the NFL.

I will say it again Marquise Goodwin doe not move the needle. I don't think he will make this roster.
    I think Goodwin will almost definitely make the roster because rumor is that Jeffrey will not be ready for the season's start.

Eagles sign former Arizona QB Khalil Tate as UDFA to play WR.

Define the needle because as of now he’s a nice, fast veteran piece/ playmaker with little expectations

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I think they got the 3rd best personally. I also think, from what I have read, he will have the easiest time of the prospects transitioning to the NFL.
    I could see that. I think he and ruggs both have similar skill sets. I think reagors size makes him more of a threat early because he’s just thicker.

I think a healthy jeudy was probably the only safe pick at WR

Lamb was moreso the most talented.

And Jefferson was more a solid guy who you know what you were getting

Ruggs and reagor are both incredible athletes with boom or bust based on just their pure explosiveness

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast