Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    I think k’von Wallace has a good shot to play a ton here. Should be fun. He was the leader on a defense that had 9 players drafted in the first 4 rounds

This ladies and gentlemen is why I was excited at the Hurts pick.

In Howie I put my trust and he delivered. Like I said we have a wicked front office that knows wttf they're doing.

P.S I know its asking for a lot but this draft should help open up some funds and I hope Howie goes for the kill shot and trades for Yannick. It's worse than the Trent Williams situation where we can steal him for peanuts. 24 yr old elite pass rusher, sign me the hell up.

Our KR and PR issues are finally fixed and our STs should finally return to prominence.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I foresee quez Watkins having more of a chance to make the roster than Hightower. But both have a shot. Goodwin if healthy will make it.

This will be one of the more interesting camps imo because there’s so many bodies at WR and DB

DE has a ton too

I’m fascinated who actually makes the team. Rasul douglas has to be gone I’d imagine. I just don’t foresee them keeping him at all. The only positions that the depth chart is clear is OL, QB, TE, RB, DT

Everything else is up in the air. Obviously positions like DE the starters are engrained but whos behind them. LB and CB should be interesting. And WR is all hell breaking loose

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    This ladies and gentlemen is why I was excited at the Hurts pick.

In Howie I put my trust and he delivered. Like I said we have a wicked front office that knows wttf they're doing.

P.S I know its asking for a lot but this draft should help open up some funds and I hope Howie goes for the kill shot and trades for Yannick. It's worse than the Trent Williams situation where we can steal him for peanuts. 24 yr old elite pass rusher, sign me the hell up.

Our KR and PR issues are finally fixed and our STs should finally return to prominence.
    I was thinking this...Probably can be had for Rasul and a 3rd or 4th next year...

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I’ve loved this draft. Love.
    Pretty opposite for me. Today was the best day, but it's a lot of lottery. Pretty disappointed with Day 1 and 2 from the Eagles. Every pick (first three rounds) incredibly risky, think they over drafted Hurts and Taylor by a round a piece and don't think either of them make much of an impact on the field early. Hurts...maybe ever if Wentz stays generally healthy.

I don't think it's the worst draft, but there's little love for it from me now. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 04-25-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Pretty opposite for me. Today was the best day, but it's a lot of lottery. Pretty disappointed with Day 1 and 2 from the Eagles. Every pick incredibly risky, think they over drafted Hurts and Taylor by a round a piece and don't think either of them make much of an impact on the field early. Hurts...maybe ever if Wentz stays generally healthy.

I don't think it's the worst draft, but there's little love for it from me now. Hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'm more in this boat. I was very disappointed in the first 2 rounds, round 3 I was fine with Davion. I love the pick for the Clemson safety I thought that one was really good. Part of those good feelings were negated by handing Dallas a pretty good prospect to fill a position of need. It doesn't make any sense to help the division rival especially after they took a player at a large position of need for you. I think today overall was good, but rounds 1 and 2 were such flops for me that I can't get excited for the class. I also hope I'm wrong and look like an idiot, but hard for me to give Howie high marks here.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I'm more in this boat. I was very disappointed in the first 2 rounds, round 3 I was fine with Davion. I love the pick for the Clemson safety I thought that one was really good. Part of those good feelings were negated by handing Dallas a pretty good prospect to fill a position of need. It doesn't make any sense to help the division rival especially after they took a player at a large position of need for you. I think today overall was good, but rounds 1 and 2 were such flops for me that I can't get excited for the class. I also hope I'm wrong and look like an idiot, but hard for me to give Howie high marks here.
    I don't necessarily think round 1 was a "flop" but it wasn't my favorite pick. Reagor comes with a ton of questionmarks for a team who needs WR pretty immediately. I think between the 4th and the 7th best WR, there's little variance, but I think someone like, say, Jefferson, comes in and is solid immediately where as Reagor...I think the upside's bigger...I also think there's significant downside. More so. I get why someone would go Reagor there, but it wouldn't have been my personal preference. As I said though, I think there's not enough differences between the 4th and 7th best WR's that I'm too upset. I also won't cry over the non-trade as I wasn't in the room, I don't know what we had to give up.

With Davion, it's not that I dislike him in a vacuum. He's extremely athletic. But he's also incredibly raw. He's got just a few years of college football under his belt, I don't think the Eagles can expect him to really help out an NFL defense right now and the Eagles LB corp is...pretty bare bones. He has a lot of 4/5th round pedigree. If the Eagles had some LB depth...I'd be more on board. With the cupboard the Eagles are working from...he just seems so raw right now that you'd hope to get a rotational player in the third, and I don't really know if they did.

My biggest complaints with the top-3 picks are that I just don't know what exactly they got to help the 2020 team. Reagor is raw. Hurts is a backup in a good situation, a rookie QB who was never the best passer in a bad situation (Wentz injury) and Taylor who...well...I think "raw" would be a step up on his current level of football experience. Maybe we have fast-learners, Reagor puts the drops and potential focus issues in the past, Taylor helps out rotationally in the pass rush, and Hurts...well...IDK even what I'm rooting there for, because if he's on the field it means Wentz is hurt, and that's bad. But we could also see very little production from the three best throws of the darts the Eagles had right off the bat.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 04-25-2020 at 06:02 PM.

I want to point out that, while we did give the cowboys the Center they were looking for at 146, we ended up with Shaun Bradley, Quez Watkins, Casey Toohill, and a 5th in next year's draft. The 5th is the Cowboys's pick next year and their 164th pick, but flipped that 164th pick to the bears to get Bradley at 196, Watkins at 200, and Toohill at 233. So essentially the 146th for 4 picks. That increases the chances for some success.

Also ended up with Prince out of that Goodwin trade.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of 2 LB looks this upcoming season. I still really like TJ Edwards (not a star, but I think a solid player). I would have loved Kamal Martin as an additional LB (later on), I think he would be a nice rotational piece. I also liked Davis-Gaither over Taylor, but for me my bar had been lowered by the 1st 2 rounds.

I would have given up our 2nd in a heartbeat for Lamb (this is what I've heard the cost of moving up started at), especially now seeing how we used the 2nd round pick. I also would have liked Aiyuk (I get that he isn't a burner), or at least try to trade back even 1 pick with Minnesota before making it (maybe they did I'm not sure). At least Wallace is someone I'm stoked to have.

I don't necessarily think round 1 was a "flop" but it wasn't my favorite pick. Reagor comes with a ton of questionmarks for a team who needs WR pretty immediately. I think between the 4th and the 7th best WR, there's little variance, but I think someone like, say, Jefferson, comes in and is solid immediately where as Reagor...I think the upside's bigger...I also think there's significant downside. More so. I get why someone would go Reagor there, but it wouldn't have been my personal preference. As I said though, I think there's not enough differences between the 4th and 7th best WR's that I'm too upset. I also won't cry over the non-trade as I wasn't in the room, I don't know what we had to give up.

With Davion, it's not that I dislike him in a vacuum. He's extremely athletic. But he's also incredibly raw. He's got just a few years of college football under his belt, I don't think the Eagles can expect him to really help out an NFL defense right now and the Eagles LB corp is...pretty bare bones. He has a lot of 4/5th round pedigree. If the Eagles had some LB depth...I'd be more on board. With the cupboard the Eagles are working from...he just seems so raw right now that you'd hope to get a rotational player in the third, and I don't really know if they did.

My biggest complaints with the top-3 picks are that I just don't know what exactly they got to help the 2020 team. Reagor is raw. Hurts is a backup in a good situation, a rookie QB who was never the best passer in a bad situation (Wentz injury) and Taylor who...well...I think "raw" would be a step up on his current level of football experience. Maybe we have fast-learners, Reagor puts the drops and potential focus issues in the past, Taylor helps out rotationally in the pass rush, and Hurts...well...IDK even what I'm rooting there for, because if he's on the field it means Wentz is hurt, and that's bad. But we could also see very little production from the three best throws of the darts the Eagles had right off the bat.
    With Regard to Hurts, I heard someone say something interesting. Look at him like Jimmy G. in NE. The worst that will probably happen is that we get a 2nd plus for him in a couple years. He could end up being a solid backup option and safety blanket for us, gadget QB for some tricks, and net us some possibly better picks in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I'm guessing we'll see a lot of 2 LB looks this upcoming season. I still really like TJ Edwards (not a star, but I think a solid player). I would have loved Kamal Martin as an additional LB (later on), I think he would be a nice rotational piece. I also liked Davis-Gaither over Taylor, but for me my bar had been lowered by the 1st 2 rounds.

I would have given up our 2nd in a heartbeat for Lamb (this is what I've heard the cost of moving up started at), especially now seeing how we used the 2nd round pick. I also would have liked Aiyuk (I get that he isn't a burner), or at least try to trade back even 1 pick with Minnesota before making it (maybe they did I'm not sure). At least Wallace is someone I'm stoked to have.
    It might have been a 2nd. But we just don't know. Given what we know how on Hurts...yeah I'd have moved up. But in terms of "Would I have traded what should have been Reagor and a Starter" for Lamb? I'd say no. I like Lamb alright, but I'm also not entirely *that* infatuated with him. That 2nd rounder in theory, should have been more than a backup QB, IMO. So I don't want to use hindsight to blame the Eagles. That seems unfair knowledge.

I don't hate the Reagor pick. I think he could be good. It's just very risky and especially with the rest of the top-3 picks...it's all a ton of boom/bust stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I want to point out that, while we did give the cowboys the Center they were looking for at 146, we ended up with Shaun Bradley, Quez Watkins, Casey Toohill, and a 5th in next year's draft. The 5th is the Cowboys's pick next year and their 164th pick, but flipped that 164th pick to the bears to get Bradley at 196, Watkins at 200, and Toohill at 233. So essentially the 146th for 4 picks. That increases the chances for some success.

Also ended up with Prince out of that Goodwin trade.
    Hopefully 1 of those picks ends up being great. Never like watching us trade down with Dallas since the last instances I remember were them taking Anthony Spencer and Shaun Lee and us ending up with Kevin Kolb, and then a big chain of us moving down.

It might have been a 2nd. But we just don't know. Given what we know how on Hurts...yeah I'd have moved up. But in terms of "Would I have traded what should have been Reagor and a Starter" for Lamb? I'd say no. I like Lamb alright, but I'm also not entirely *that* infatuated with him. That 2nd rounder in theory, should have been more than a backup QB, IMO. So I don't want to use hindsight to blame the Eagles. That seems unfair knowledge.

I don't hate the Reagor pick. I think he could be good. It's just very risky and especially with the rest of the top-3 picks...it's all a ton of boom/bust stuff.
    I loved Lamb coming into the draft. I thought he was the 4th best player in the whole draft (behind Burrow, Young, and Simmons). That's why I'm stuck on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    With Regard to Hurts, I heard someone say something interesting. Look at him like Jimmy G. in NE. The worst that will probably happen is that we get a 2nd plus for him in a couple years. He could end up being a solid backup option and safety blanket for us, gadget QB for some tricks, and net us some possibly better picks in the future.
    Maybe. Or maybe he won't get a 2nd round pick because it's a good draft. Or he played 3-4 games and didn't look amazing.

Even at that, it's basically saying "Hey, will you give me $50 today? I'll give you the same $50 back in three years" Sweet, but these three years are going to be, in theory, the three best seasons of a lot of players. Guys like Miles Sanders, Carson Wentz, Brandon Graham, Ertz, Slay...it'd have been nice to have a piece to help those guys. I'd rather spend the $50 today and get something to use for the next three years. Even if they get a 1st in three years...is having 3 years of little usage worth the interest of a 1st round pick?

I'm not sure what kind of a blanket Hurts even is. As a QB, I think opinions range on him a lot. If he's a good blanket, it'll probably take time...rookie QB's are not notoriously great. Hurts is a bit raw. I wouldn't expect him to be a great blanket in 2020, for example.

It just...feels like something the Eagles should have done with a 4th round pick, instead of a 2nd.

Maybe. Or maybe he won't get a 2nd round pick because it's a good draft. Or he played 3-4 games and didn't look amazing.

Even at that, it's basically saying "Hey, will you give me $50 today? I'll give you the same $50 back in three years" Sweet, but these three years are going to be, in theory, the three best seasons of a lot of players. Guys like Miles Sanders, Carson Wentz, Brandon Graham, Ertz, Slay...it'd have been nice to have a piece to help those guys. I'd rather spend the $50 today and get something to use for the next three years. Even if they get a 1st in three years...is having 3 years of little usage worth the interest of a 1st round pick?

I'm not sure what kind of a blanket Hurts even is. As a QB, I think opinions range on him a lot. If he's a good blanket, it'll probably take time...rookie QB's are not notoriously great. Hurts is a bit raw. I wouldn't expect him to be a great blanket in 2020, for example.

It just...feels like something the Eagles should have done with a 4th round pick, instead of a 2nd.
    You did read where that was a "worst that will happen" scenario, right? That playing 3/4 games and not looking good can happen to any player we pick there so that risk is mutual. That said, he could step in and be a great QB that nets us a couple 1st rounders in a couple years. There is literally no telling.

I love that we picked up 3 LBs, 3WRs, and 2 OL in this draft. We also got a solid safety option. I think Prince could end up being a starter sooner rather than later (in the next 2 seasons). I think Taylor will be a starter at some point this season. I think that Reagor will have the best rookie season of any WR in this draft. Those are my not so bold bold predictions...lol

Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast