Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I am perfectly fine with double dipping on Alabama receivers if possible lol. DUobt it, but they certainly churn out some good receivers.
    Henry Ruggs was the other dude I was thinking of. That guy is ridiculously fast

I think eagles will take a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. Itís a very deep draft at WR so I think Howie will take a guy unless something like this yearís draft happens again where defensive line was really deep so 12 or 13 of the first 20 picks was defensive line. As a result, offensive lineman started falling and Howie was able to get top 10 pick potential Andre Dillard.

Your baby can't do this

Eagles Draft Thread

I think:

WR- an immediate need so I think that should have priority in the 1st or 2nd if the draft falls that way.

CB- This current group is very young but they just havenít gotten the job done. Itís an injury prone group and they are really inconsistent. I say drafting a cornerback should be a high priority as well, especially with mills and Darby being free agents and wanting to be paid.

*Those are the biggest needs right now in my opinion. Both CB and WR are positions that we need currently and to build on in the future.

*Positions that need to add depth/build of the future:

OL- we got Andre Dillard, Brandon brooks, and lane Johnson for the next 4-5 years but LG has also been a question mark and Jason kelce might not be an eagle for much longer due to his age and injuries that he insists on playing with (though the eagles also supposedly love Nate herbig as kelces eventual replacement, whether thatís true or not who knows). I think taking a player that can play both G/C would be a plus for depth.

DL- this group is still very good but needs depth. Adding a speed pass rusher somewhere in the draft is never a bad thing. These last 4 games sweat, hall, Avery, and miller need to step up otherwise the eagles may draft their replacement.

S- McLeod and Jenkins is a pretty good duo but McLeod is a free agent and might not be brought back due to the injuries and inconsistent play and Jenkins has been used a ton (heís missed something like 10 defensive snaps since he signed with the eagles 6 years ago besides the meaningless week 17 game against the cowboy in 2017 where all of the starters sat most of the game). I think S could actually be a somewhat higher draft pick, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round or something.

LB- Schwartz doesnít put a lot of stock in his linebackers (though Iím not sure how long Schwartz will be an eagle). Schwartz mostly prefers having 5 players in the secondary over 3 LBs in his 4-3 scheme. Getting a project that can cover and also tackle wouldnít be bad either though isnít necessarily a need because like I said Schwartz doesnít play his LBs too much outside of the starters.

*Positions that donít need a lot of attention in my opinion:

QB- wentz, end of story. Just gotta get a good backup and the eagles are fine

RB- I think the duo of Jordan Howard and miles sanders is a very good one. Just gotta bring Howard back on (hopefully) a not so pricy deal and miles sanders rookie contract and Howardís new deal combined should be a good price for their combined on field production.

TE- I think this position is set. Ertz just got extended and I think heís top 5 at the position and I think goedert has the potential to be where ertz is.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I think:

WR- an immediate need so I think that should have priority in the 1st or 2nd if the draft falls that way.

CB- This current group is very young but they just havenít gotten the job done. Itís an injury prone group and they are really inconsistent. I say drafting a cornerback should be a high priority as well, especially with mills and Darby being free agents and wanting to be paid.

*Those are the biggest needs right now in my opinion. Both CB and WR are positions that we need currently and to build on in the future.

*Positions that need to add depth/build of the future:

OL- we got Andre Dillard, Brandon brooks, and lane Johnson for the next 4-5 years but LG has also been a question mark and Jason kelce might not be an eagle for much longer due to his age and injuries that he insists on playing with (though the eagles also supposedly love Nate herbig as kelces eventual replacement, whether thatís true or not who knows). I think taking a player that can play both G/C would be a plus for depth.

DL- this group is still very good but needs depth. Adding a speed pass rusher somewhere in the draft is never a bad thing. These last 4 games sweat, hall, Avery, and miller need to step up otherwise the eagles may draft their replacement.

S- McLeod and Jenkins is a pretty good duo but McLeod is a free agent and might not be brought back due to the injuries and inconsistent play and Jenkins has been used a ton (heís missed something like 10 defensive snaps since he signed with the eagles 6 years ago besides the meaningless week 17 game against the cowboy in 2017 where all of the starters sat most of the game). I think S could actually be a somewhat higher draft pick, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd round or something.

LB- Schwartz doesnít put a lot of stock in his linebackers (though Iím not sure how long Schwartz will be an eagle). Schwartz mostly prefers having 5 players in the secondary over 3 LBs in his 4-3 scheme. Getting a project that can cover and also tackle wouldnít be bad either though isnít necessarily a need because like I said Schwartz doesnít play his LBs too much outside of the starters.

*Positions that donít need a lot of attention in my opinion:

QB- wentz, end of story. Just gotta get a good backup and the eagles are fine

RB- I think the duo of Jordan Howard and miles sanders is a very good one. Just gotta bring Howard back on (hopefully) a not so pricy deal and miles sanders rookie contract and Howardís new deal combined should be a good price for their combined on field production.

TE- I think this position is set. Ertz just got extended and I think heís top 5 at the position and I think goedert has the potential to be where ertz is.
    If the Eagles take a WR, he needs to be an immediate starter. They need to start getting starter ready players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Eagles Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    If the Eagles take a WR, he needs to be an immediate starter. They need to start getting starter ready players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, and thatís why I think the eagles will take a WR high in the draft in rounds 1 or 2 and probably be the starting slot receiver from day 1. That is of course unless one of djack/AJ is traded. I donít think either will be released, both have high cap hits.

Agholor is as good as gone in my opinion. He may even retire, who knows. I think heís having serious mental issues with playing in the NFL. He may just want to walk away with the nearly $20mill that heís already made in his career and live life with less stress.

Your baby can't do this

Jeudy is the consensus top WR in this class and my favorite but his teammate Ruggs and Ceedee Lamb are not far behind. I also like Tee Higgins from Clemson but he is not a burner.

My top 3 WR in order for the Eagles are Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs.

Lets make John S happy and draft WR in the first two rounds LOL.

Sign Ramsey and Clowney in free agency. BOOM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Jeudy is the consensus top WR in this class and my favorite but his teammate Ruggs and Ceedee Lamb are not far behind. I also like Tee Higgins from Clemson but he is not a burner.
    I feel the same way about Tyler Johnson. Not a burner, but I love his route running. I like that as a 2nd round talent. In a perfect world we end up with either Jeudy or Ruggs.

I'm definitely open to a WR in the first round, but this draft has a lot of depth at the position.

Someone like Jalen Reagor from TCU with his speed and play-making ability would match up well with JJAW long term.

Speed is important for us but so is talent. I wanted legitimately talented quick impact guys. We have too many guys who are mostly effort guys outside of qb, TE and offensive line where we have legit athletes

Everywhere else are less talented less athletic effort guys

Like lamb for example is 6-2 and fast. Wouldnít that be nice. To have a legitimate athlete who produces at an elite level

Iím hoping we invest in the draft in some legitimate talent and athleticism marriages

Ideally get some more of that at WR, DB and DE

Lets make John S happy and draft WR in the first two rounds LOL.

Sign Ramsey and Clowney in free agency. BOOM.
    Lol. I actually wouldn't be opposed to that this time around. Not completely for it, but not opposed to it lol.

#24ever

Cleveland and Tampa Bay both won today actually helps the Eagles draft stock. Now the Eagles need to do their part and lose.

I really want and hope for this team to lose out to get the highest draft pick possible and to draft the 'best player' possible. I'm sorry IF I disappoint fans who are hoping this team win the division.

I really want and hope for this team to lose out to get the highest draft pick possible and to draft the 'best player' possible. I'm sorry IF I disappoint fans who are hoping this team win the division.
    A division title is incredibly shortsighted. The team that wins the division isn't winning the superbowl. Team that loses gets a top 10 pick. Sign me up for the pick

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast