Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    My thing is jalen reagor to me is actually the guy the eagles donít typically draft.

Nelson agholor is more likened to Justin Jefferson

Eagles usually have played it safe with skill position guys and have gone with the ďproductive, effort, skillĒ guys over the athletic freaks with big potential

In college agholor had 100+ receptions, 1,000 yards, 12tds

Caught everything

JJAW was a bit more similar to reagor who was more of a raw guy who was big, strong, and athletic who seemed to have potential

Jalen reagor is off their typical mold. Heís a big time explosive athlete, who theyíre taking a big time risk on due to smaller production without the desired QB play.

Heís got a lot of potential to be a big time player for the eagles. He has as good a chance as any to be better than the top 3 at WRs in the draft as typical of any draft of the top 3-5 prospects at any position maybe 1-2 will actually live up to their potential and the rest will either under perform or flat out bust

And the next 5 best prospects 1-2 will exceed expectations. I believe it can be argued reagor is in the 4-6 range of WRs in this draft and with that the hope is that he exceeds expectations

Also Michael Pittman is someone worth looking at if another worthy player isnít there. He has some potential as an outside guy

Everyone wants a CB but we have Slay, Douglas, Jones, Leblanc, Mills still. I wouldn't waste a 2nd on a guy who'd get no snaps and get his feet wet.

We are legit SB contenders, we need to fill out the roster appropriately. Safety and LB is a bigger concern going forward.
    There's 5 good safeties still on board.
    Also Cameron Dantzler statistically is one of the best CBs left. Has everything.. but again we need to fix this LB issue once and for all. We need a tackling machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Eagles Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Also Michael Pittman is someone worth looking at if another worthy player isnít there. He has some potential as an outside guy
    Michael Pittman is like another alshon Jeffery type player in my opinion, not a fast guy but just throw it up and he will go and catch it over the CB. Heíd be a good pairing with reagor but then thereís the question of ďisnít that what JJAW was supposed to beĒ.

Your baby can't do this

I want the eagles to look at safety and linebacker in round 2. Thereís good depth there. Iíd be fine with another WR but I donít think itís as big of a need after taking reagor in round 1

Your baby can't do this

I'd have a hard time drafting another WR in the second round -- I think we have larger needs with potential better players available in those spots. I'm all for taking advantage of the depth of this receiver class if a stud drops to our pick or looking at one in the third/fourth.

We likely will need another WR in the near future with Alshon and DeSean both likely to be exiting. Last year we drafted JJAW in the second who showed he needed further development. Then we drafted Goedert as our first pick the year before. That's a lot of capital invested in the receiving targets, rightfully so, for Wentz.

Give me a S/LB/CB/OL/DE

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Michael Pittman is like another alshon Jeffery type player in my opinion, not a fast guy but just throw it up and he will go and catch it over the CB. Heíd be a good pairing with reagor but then thereís the question of ďisnít that what JJAW was supposed to beĒ.
    JJAW is a sunk cost right here. I did not like the pick at the time and I don't think he'll ever be good, so if you can get Pittman 100% do it.

For me it depends on whoís available to us. Yes JJAW is supposed to be that guy on the outside but I have to see it. He was pretty non existent last season but he has traits to be very successful and did have success in the preseason

Hopefully with a new WRs coach we can actually see his potential.

Also to add to reagors athletic traits his coach said he squats 600lbs and benches 400lbs

Heís definitely an explosive athlete. Also when you read up almost every scout says his vertical jump which is like 42 inches and his speed which most say is faster on tape all show up on the field. So at least heís not a gym athlete but seemingly translates all that athleticism to the field

My thing is last year everyone was upset with the eagles for taking JJAW over metcalf because the eagles chose the productive college player over the high potential athlete

This year the eagles chose the high potential athlete who btw does have a good route running according to scouts, over the productive skill guy in Jefferson and people are upset

Lamb aside which I understand, lamb has all the traits to be a standout but as far as the information we have which is the eagles picked at 21 I donít know if they couldíve gone more against typical eagles grain than to take reagor

Heís very off their usual path

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    JJAW is a sunk cost right here. I did not like the pick at the time and I don't think he'll ever be good, so if you can get Pittman 100% do it.
    The evaluation of a wide receive has to be 3 years -- That's always been the timeline for the "breakout", although recently we've seen some rookie receivers really produce earlier than in the past. You can definitely get a feel for which way it'll go earlier than that, but historically that's the magic number.

Don't think anyone can say they loved what we saw from JJAW last season, but I'm 100% not writing him off. You'd be the same people who wrote off Vincent Jackson in 2005 after being a second round pick with 3 receptions for 59 yards..or D.J Chark at 14 receptions for 174 yards..

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    I also didnít like the JJAW pick when it was made but Iím not sure taking his clone a year later at the same spot in the draft would be a good choice either

Your baby can't do this

Wanted Lamb so bad but I'll take Reagor. So close, stupid *** Dallas.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I'd have a hard time drafting another WR in the second round -- I think we have larger needs with potential better players available in those spots. I'm all for taking advantage of the depth of this receiver class if a stud drops to our pick or looking at one in the third/fourth.

We likely will need another WR in the near future with Alshon and DeSean both likely to be exiting. Last year we drafted JJAW in the second who showed he needed further development. Then we drafted Goedert as our first pick the year before. That's a lot of capital invested in the receiving targets, rightfully so, for Wentz.

Give me a S/LB/CB/OL/DE
    I agree. Gotta give JJ a chance to sink or swim. But I would like a Safety or CB in the second. Logan Wilson from Wyoming in the third. I would love that Kentucky WR/QB in the fourth.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    For me it depends on whoís available to us. Yes JJAW is supposed to be that guy on the outside but I have to see it. He was pretty non existent last season but he has traits to be very successful and did have success in the preseason

Hopefully with a new WRs coach we can actually see his potential.

Also to add to reagors athletic traits his coach said he squats 600lbs and benches 400lbs

Heís definitely an explosive athlete. Also when you read up almost every scout says his vertical jump which is like 42 inches and his speed which most say is faster on tape all show up on the field. So at least heís not a gym athlete but seemingly translates all that athleticism to the field

My thing is last year everyone was upset with the eagles for taking JJAW over metcalf because the eagles chose the productive college player over the high potential athlete

This year the eagles chose the high potential athlete who btw does have a good route running according to scouts, over the productive skill guy in Jefferson and people are upset

Lamb aside which I understand, lamb has all the traits to be a standout but as far as the information we have which is the eagles picked at 21 I donít know if they couldíve gone more against typical eagles grain than to take reagor

Heís very off their usual path
    To go along with that 42 inch vertical on reagor he also has a 6í3 wingspan which isnít great at first glance but it is better than his 5í11 frame though. When you combine that vertical and wingspan you get a guy that can play bigger than his measurables.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post

Give me a S/LB/CB/OL/DE
    Thatís fair, the hope will be that JJAW develops under a new WR coach and that the need is null and void. Too early to completely give up on him but I do think he has to show big progress this year or itís pretty close to over

I have preferences of moving up for yetur gross Matos who I think highly of. Iíd like to take a swing on him if possible. Heís a big time athlete, and a huge frame with long arms.

Also I agree corner isnít a huge need but if Diggs keeps slipping I do think heís worth looking into

LB is a position Iím always hesitant towards in early rounds unless their canít miss. I know the eagles like that Logan guy and heís probably available in the 3rd

For me itís take a swing on gross-Matos or see which DBs safety or corner slip

But gross-Matos is a guy I wanted round 1 so if the eagles can grab him Iíd be thrilled

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    I agree. Gotta give JJ a chance to sink or swim. But I would like a Safety or CB in the second. Logan Wilson from Wyoming in the third. I would love that Kentucky WR/QB in the fourth.
    I wouldnít call Pittman a clone. Heís more of a basket ball guy with his length and has more of a gazelle nature to his running

However I donít know if taking 3 WRs the last 2 years in the first 2 rounds is the smartest choice

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast