Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    People keep saying Ruggs because they're falling for the Raiders old ways. Every legit draft person there is when they break down his game are already throwing red flags as to the way he catches the ball and how in the NFL it won't work. Hilarious enough people on this forum used to get into heated debates with me because I felt the same way about Djax during his time here. Now roles have switched and I'm saying to be smarter.

There's tons of tuys in this draft that can run fast but be more versatile and will end up having a better career than Ruggs. Ruggs can't even run routes well.

Look at guys like Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, Reagor, KJ Hill, Van Nefferson.

Every write up literally for Ruggs all it says is he will run in a combine record therefore he should be picked high. I hope to god he is and we don't get stuck with the bust.

Give me good route runners, who consistently get open via well complex run routes

Even Jefferson from LSU is a stud route runner who is basically Jarvis Landry 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I guess people feel you can teach route running and the best way to catch a football but you cannot teach his speed. If he can polish himself up as a WR, you might get Tyreek Hill. I tend to agree with you on Ruggs though. I haven't seen anything outside of his speed that makes him a guy they should trade up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I guess people feel you can teach route running and the best way to catch a football but you cannot teach his speed. If he can polish himself up as a WR, you might get Tyreek Hill. I tend to agree with you on Ruggs though. I haven't seen anything outside of his speed that makes him a guy they should trade up for.
    I tend to agree with this. People got very negative on DK over his route running, but he's been able to translate. The route running is definitely something he needs to work with, but you can't magically make someone faster. Now question is does our coaching staff have the ability to get the most out of him. I am fully on board with any of the top 3 receivers right now, not sure how I feel about Jefferson, Higgins is good, but I prefer to get a WR with speed vs another tall jump ball like receiver.

People keep saying Ruggs because they're falling for the Raiders old ways. Every legit draft person there is when they break down his game are already throwing red flags as to the way he catches the ball and how in the NFL it won't work. Hilarious enough people on this forum used to get into heated debates with me because I felt the same way about Djax during his time here. Now roles have switched and I'm saying to be smarter.

There's tons of tuys in this draft that can run fast but be more versatile and will end up having a better career than Ruggs. Ruggs can't even run routes well.

Every write up literally for Ruggs all it says is he will run in a combine record therefore he should be picked high. I hope to god he is and we don't get stuck with the bust.

Give me good route runners, who consistently get open via well complex run routes

Even Jefferson from LSU is a stud route runner who is basically Jarvis Landry 2.0
    We need speed.

#24ever

Tyreek Hill is a poor route runner.

DK Metcalf as well.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    We need speed.
    We need speed and talented WRs all around. We need guys that understand route concepts and how to get open.
    We need combo, just because a WR is fast doesn't mean anything.

Michael Irvin said it best during the combine, how many sub 4.35 running WRs have ever made it to the Hall or even lasted long in the league for years?

I'm not trying to waste Wentz years by drafting someone who's fast that can't grow with Carson for years and years healthy.

Like I said every year we see the hype over guys like this and they come in the league and are injury prone and don't pan out or just suck. What makes Ruggs soo different to warrant us to move up for him?
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Ruggs is nowhere near Hill. Hill actually may not be a precise route runner but he and Mahomes have a good understanding of improvising and finding open areas to run to. Hill improvises and runs to an area.

Have you seen Ruggs? Like 85-90% of the time he runs a slant gets the ball and runs by guys because of poor communication and missed coverages. He's not doing that in the NFL at all consistently. Let's also not forget hes on a team with Jeudy, Smith and the mini cheetah. The fact he failed to consistently get opens alone is concerning.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

DK Metcalf as well.
    this has to be a joke. Metcalf is 6'4 and was inconsistent as hell this past year. But Russel just lobs it to him and it's easy for him to do that. Alshon isn't a good route runner but his height and hands help him get catches.

If we want to play the name game. What happened to COREY coleman, john Ross (who's fastest ever from combine numbers), Hayward bey, JJ Nelson, Marquise Goodwin, Breshard Perriman.

If you want a guy with speed, height and will do what Metcalf can do then Denzel Mims would be a name I'm on board for.
    But hell no to Ruggs, I'll be disappointed.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

this has to be a joke. Metcalf is 6'4 and was inconsistent as hell this past year. But Russel just lobs it to him and it's easy for him to do that. Alshon isn't a good route runner but his height and hands help him get catches.

If we want to play the name game. What happened to COREY coleman, john Ross (who's fastest ever from combine numbers), Hayward bey, JJ Nelson, Marquise Goodwin, Breshard Perriman.

If you want a guy with speed, height and will do what Metcalf can do then Denzel Mims would be a name I'm on board for.
    But hell no to Ruggs, I'll be disappointed.
    At least Metcalf was open and could catch.

#24ever

I wish there was a way to get Isaiah Simmons...

Iím on board with any of the top 4 WRs. Jefferson, lamb, jeudy, ruggs

And Iíd love to send our 4th and Jeffrey to the jets to get out from under his contract. Unless the new cba is reached and the eagles are given an amnesty out of the contract. If thatís possible

If the eagles get out from under his contract Iíd love to sign Robby Anderson after getting one of those guys in the 1st. Ideally you combine lamb, jeudy or Jefferson with Anderson and Jackson.

But itís not a necessity. Interested to see what free agents we pursue. I do think a WR in the 1st is the smart play. But I wouldnít be opposed to signing a free agent WR if we got rid of Jeffrey on top of drafting one

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I wish there was a way to get Isaiah Simmons...
    His combine was ridiculous.

#24ever

Correction a lot of his catches were contested catches where his height and hands helped.
    How does this benefit a 6 foot Ruggs?
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Iím on board with any of the top 4 WRs. Jefferson, lamb, jeudy, ruggs

And Iíd love to send our 4th and Jeffrey to the jets to get out from under his contract. Unless the new cba is reached and the eagles are given an amnesty out of the contract. If thatís possible

If the eagles get out from under his contract Iíd love to sign Robby Anderson after getting one of those guys in the 1st. Ideally you combine lamb, jeudy or Jefferson with Anderson and Jackson.

But itís not a necessity. Interested to see what free agents we pursue. I do think a WR in the 1st is the smart play. But I wouldnít be opposed to signing a free agent WR if we got rid of Jeffrey on top of drafting one
    Jefferson or Aiyuk would be a great get.
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast