Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 188
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    People keep saying Ruggs because they're falling for the Raiders old ways. Every legit draft person there is when they break down his game are already throwing red flags as to the way he catches the ball and how in the NFL it won't work. Hilarious enough people on this forum used to get into heated debates with me because I felt the same way about Djax during his time here. Now roles have switched and I'm saying to be smarter.

    There's tons of tuys in this draft that can run fast but be more versatile and will end up having a better career than Ruggs. Ruggs can't even run routes well.

    Look at guys like Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, Reagor, KJ Hill, Van Nefferson.

    Every write up literally for Ruggs all it says is he will run in a combine record therefore he should be picked high. I hope to god he is and we don't get stuck with the bust.

    Give me good route runners, who consistently get open via well complex run routes


    Even Jefferson from LSU is a stud route runner who is basically Jarvis Landry 2.0
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    16,318
    I guess people feel you can teach route running and the best way to catch a football but you cannot teach his speed. If he can polish himself up as a WR, you might get Tyreek Hill. I tend to agree with you on Ruggs though. I haven't seen anything outside of his speed that makes him a guy they should trade up for.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    199
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    I guess people feel you can teach route running and the best way to catch a football but you cannot teach his speed. If he can polish himself up as a WR, you might get Tyreek Hill. I tend to agree with you on Ruggs though. I haven't seen anything outside of his speed that makes him a guy they should trade up for.
    I tend to agree with this. People got very negative on DK over his route running, but he's been able to translate. The route running is definitely something he needs to work with, but you can't magically make someone faster. Now question is does our coaching staff have the ability to get the most out of him. I am fully on board with any of the top 3 receivers right now, not sure how I feel about Jefferson, Higgins is good, but I prefer to get a WR with speed vs another tall jump ball like receiver.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    People keep saying Ruggs because they're falling for the Raiders old ways. Every legit draft person there is when they break down his game are already throwing red flags as to the way he catches the ball and how in the NFL it won't work. Hilarious enough people on this forum used to get into heated debates with me because I felt the same way about Djax during his time here. Now roles have switched and I'm saying to be smarter.

    There's tons of tuys in this draft that can run fast but be more versatile and will end up having a better career than Ruggs. Ruggs can't even run routes well.

    Look at guys like Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, Reagor, KJ Hill, Van Nefferson.

    Every write up literally for Ruggs all it says is he will run in a combine record therefore he should be picked high. I hope to god he is and we don't get stuck with the bust.

    Give me good route runners, who consistently get open via well complex run routes


    Even Jefferson from LSU is a stud route runner who is basically Jarvis Landry 2.0
    We need speed.

    #24ever

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    People keep saying Ruggs because they're falling for the Raiders old ways. Every legit draft person there is when they break down his game are already throwing red flags as to the way he catches the ball and how in the NFL it won't work. Hilarious enough people on this forum used to get into heated debates with me because I felt the same way about Djax during his time here. Now roles have switched and I'm saying to be smarter.

    There's tons of tuys in this draft that can run fast but be more versatile and will end up having a better career than Ruggs. Ruggs can't even run routes well.

    Look at guys like Aiyuk, Gandy Golden, Reagor, KJ Hill, Van Nefferson.

    Every write up literally for Ruggs all it says is he will run in a combine record therefore he should be picked high. I hope to god he is and we don't get stuck with the bust.

    Give me good route runners, who consistently get open via well complex run routes


    Even Jefferson from LSU is a stud route runner who is basically Jarvis Landry 2.0
    Tyreek Hill is a poor route runner.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Tyreek Hill is a poor route runner.
    DK Metcalf as well.

    #24ever

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    We need speed.
    We need speed and talented WRs all around. We need guys that understand route concepts and how to get open.
    We need combo, just because a WR is fast doesn't mean anything.

    Michael Irvin said it best during the combine, how many sub 4.35 running WRs have ever made it to the Hall or even lasted long in the league for years?

    I'm not trying to waste Wentz years by drafting someone who's fast that can't grow with Carson for years and years healthy.

    Like I said every year we see the hype over guys like this and they come in the league and are injury prone and don't pan out or just suck. What makes Ruggs soo different to warrant us to move up for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Tyreek Hill is a poor route runner.
    Ruggs is nowhere near Hill. Hill actually may not be a precise route runner but he and Mahomes have a good understanding of improvising and finding open areas to run to. Hill improvises and runs to an area.

    Have you seen Ruggs? Like 85-90% of the time he runs a slant gets the ball and runs by guys because of poor communication and missed coverages. He's not doing that in the NFL at all consistently. Let's also not forget hes on a team with Jeudy, Smith and the mini cheetah. The fact he failed to consistently get opens alone is concerning.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    DK Metcalf as well.
    this has to be a joke. Metcalf is 6'4 and was inconsistent as hell this past year. But Russel just lobs it to him and it's easy for him to do that. Alshon isn't a good route runner but his height and hands help him get catches.

    If we want to play the name game. What happened to COREY coleman, john Ross (who's fastest ever from combine numbers), Hayward bey, JJ Nelson, Marquise Goodwin, Breshard Perriman.

    If you want a guy with speed, height and will do what Metcalf can do then Denzel Mims would be a name I'm on board for.
    But hell no to Ruggs, I'll be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    this has to be a joke. Metcalf is 6'4 and was inconsistent as hell this past year. But Russel just lobs it to him and it's easy for him to do that. Alshon isn't a good route runner but his height and hands help him get catches.

    If we want to play the name game. What happened to COREY coleman, john Ross (who's fastest ever from combine numbers), Hayward bey, JJ Nelson, Marquise Goodwin, Breshard Perriman.

    If you want a guy with speed, height and will do what Metcalf can do then Denzel Mims would be a name I'm on board for.
    But hell no to Ruggs, I'll be disappointed.
    At least Metcalf was open and could catch.

    #24ever

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    At least Metcalf was open and could catch.
    I wish there was a way to get Isaiah Simmons...

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,578
    Iím on board with any of the top 4 WRs. Jefferson, lamb, jeudy, ruggs

    And Iíd love to send our 4th and Jeffrey to the jets to get out from under his contract. Unless the new cba is reached and the eagles are given an amnesty out of the contract. If thatís possible

    If the eagles get out from under his contract Iíd love to sign Robby Anderson after getting one of those guys in the 1st. Ideally you combine lamb, jeudy or Jefferson with Anderson and Jackson.

    But itís not a necessity. Interested to see what free agents we pursue. I do think a WR in the 1st is the smart play. But I wouldnít be opposed to signing a free agent WR if we got rid of Jeffrey on top of drafting one

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    I wish there was a way to get Isaiah Simmons...
    His combine was ridiculous.

    #24ever

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    At least Metcalf was open and could catch.
    Correction a lot of his catches were contested catches where his height and hands helped.
    How does this benefit a 6 foot Ruggs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,625
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Iím on board with any of the top 4 WRs. Jefferson, lamb, jeudy, ruggs

    And Iíd love to send our 4th and Jeffrey to the jets to get out from under his contract. Unless the new cba is reached and the eagles are given an amnesty out of the contract. If thatís possible

    If the eagles get out from under his contract Iíd love to sign Robby Anderson after getting one of those guys in the 1st. Ideally you combine lamb, jeudy or Jefferson with Anderson and Jackson.

    But itís not a necessity. Interested to see what free agents we pursue. I do think a WR in the 1st is the smart play. But I wouldnít be opposed to signing a free agent WR if we got rid of Jeffrey on top of drafting one
    Jefferson or Aiyuk would be a great get.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •