Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka will remain with the team in 2020.

Philadelphia reportedly had interest in interviewing Kafka for their offensive-coordinating vacancy but apparently backed out because they were sure Chiefs coach Andy Reid wouldn't let him go. Given this sudden turn of events, it's possible Kafka's promoted to a higher position (or relaxes as Kansas City's OC-in-waiting) behind OC Eric Bieniemy now that both have officially been brought back. Kafka has been the Chiefs' quarterback coach for both of Patrick Mahomes' campaigns as starter thus far.

List is running small for OC

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka will remain with the team in 2020.
    Man I really liked the idea of getting him. I think heís gonna be a nice coach some day.

Bring in Jim Caldwell

Your baby can't do this

Eagles Draft Thread

I kinda think Doug wants to hire a low profile type guy though so he doesnít get poached after a year or two. Also the lower profile the coach the more likely he might be to accept the fact that play calling duties will always be on Doug

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I kinda think Doug wants to hire a low profile type guy though so he doesnít get poached after a year or two. Also the lower profile the coach the more likely he might be to accept the fact that play calling duties will always be on Doug
    Yeah I agree and I'm honestly fine with that so long as he's innovative. Caldwell honestly probably won't get poached at this point given his health issues. I think the idea is that Press Taylor is going to be the successor to whoever becomes the OC.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Yeah I agree and I'm honestly fine with that so long as he's innovative. Caldwell honestly probably won't get poached at this point given his health issues. I think the idea is that Press Taylor is going to be the successor to whoever becomes the OC.
    I just want it to get over with soon. Theyíre already working on he draft and they still donít have an OC. Sounds like they want a QB friendly type guy though

Your baby can't do this

I just want it to get over with soon. Theyíre already working on he draft and they still donít have an OC. Sounds like they want a QB friendly type guy though
    Every move they make needs to be Carson-friendly. They've done him dirty for too long lol.

#24ever

Doug will call the plays so it's basically by title only. I'm not too concerned.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Doug will call the plays so it's basically by title only. I'm not too concerned.
    Not really. Otherwise the offense wouldnít have taken the play calling dip when reich left and groh took his place

OC May not call the plays here but an OC will definitely be heavily involved with weekly game planning/ scheming. In game advice and ideas. Scheme ideas. Doug doesnít strike me as a tyrant. Iím pretty sure an OC here does everything except call plays and thatís why groh was such a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Not really. Otherwise the offense wouldnít have taken the play calling dip when reich left and groh took his place

OC May not call the plays here but an OC will definitely be heavily involved with weekly game planning/ scheming. In game advice and ideas. Scheme ideas. Doug doesnít strike me as a tyrant. Iím pretty sure an OC here does everything except call plays and thatís why groh was such a mess.
    Eagles wereranked 12 in ppg, 4 on 3rd downs, 4 on first downs, and 2 in time of possession. All of this with no WR's and decimated offensively by injury. Doug knows what he's doing as far as that stuff is concerned.

It's more important to get Carson "his" guy. That's where this team will benefit most.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Eagles wereranked 12 in ppg, 4 on 3rd downs, 4 on first downs, and 2 in time of possession. All of this with no WR's and decimated offensively by injury. Doug knows what he's doing as far as that stuff is concerned.

It's more important to get Carson "his" guy. That's where this team will benefit most.
    Doug is great, he still needs another good mind to bounce off of

And those arenít things that need to be chosen over the other. We can do both

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Every move they make needs to be Carson-friendly. They've done him dirty for too long lol.
    Agreed

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Doug is great, he still needs another good mind to bounce off of

And those arenít things that need to be chosen over the other. We can do both
    Agreed, I'm just not concerned with getting someone in right away.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Right. Doug will call the plays but he needs help scheming a game plan during the week. I feel like one of the things that has been lacking in the last couple of years is their offense in the first half. Thatís on game planning. Doug needs strong voices to help him come up with ideas, especially in the passing game.

Your baby can't do this

Agreed, I'm just not concerned with getting someone in right away.
    Itís not a huge deal but if Doug and the new OC can sit down and watch film together on prospects so that they can come with ideas leading up to the draft, itíd be better.

Your baby can't do this

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast