Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 188
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    17,451
    Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka will remain with the team in 2020.

    Philadelphia reportedly had interest in interviewing Kafka for their offensive-coordinating vacancy but apparently backed out because they were sure Chiefs coach Andy Reid wouldn't let him go. Given this sudden turn of events, it's possible Kafka's promoted to a higher position (or relaxes as Kansas City's OC-in-waiting) behind OC Eric Bieniemy now that both have officially been brought back. Kafka has been the Chiefs' quarterback coach for both of Patrick Mahomes' campaigns as starter thus far.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,578
    List is running small for OC

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka will remain with the team in 2020.
    Man I really liked the idea of getting him. I think heís gonna be a nice coach some day.

    Bring in Jim Caldwell

    Your baby can't do this

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246

    Eagles Draft Thread

    I kinda think Doug wants to hire a low profile type guy though so he doesnít get poached after a year or two. Also the lower profile the coach the more likely he might be to accept the fact that play calling duties will always be on Doug

    Your baby can't do this

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I kinda think Doug wants to hire a low profile type guy though so he doesnít get poached after a year or two. Also the lower profile the coach the more likely he might be to accept the fact that play calling duties will always be on Doug
    Yeah I agree and I'm honestly fine with that so long as he's innovative. Caldwell honestly probably won't get poached at this point given his health issues. I think the idea is that Press Taylor is going to be the successor to whoever becomes the OC.

    #24ever

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Yeah I agree and I'm honestly fine with that so long as he's innovative. Caldwell honestly probably won't get poached at this point given his health issues. I think the idea is that Press Taylor is going to be the successor to whoever becomes the OC.
    I just want it to get over with soon. Theyíre already working on he draft and they still donít have an OC. Sounds like they want a QB friendly type guy though

    Your baby can't do this

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,910
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I just want it to get over with soon. Theyíre already working on he draft and they still donít have an OC. Sounds like they want a QB friendly type guy though
    Every move they make needs to be Carson-friendly. They've done him dirty for too long lol.

    #24ever

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,057
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I just want it to get over with soon. Theyíre already working on he draft and they still donít have an OC. Sounds like they want a QB friendly type guy though
    Doug will call the plays so it's basically by title only. I'm not too concerned.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Doug will call the plays so it's basically by title only. I'm not too concerned.
    Not really. Otherwise the offense wouldnít have taken the play calling dip when reich left and groh took his place

    OC May not call the plays here but an OC will definitely be heavily involved with weekly game planning/ scheming. In game advice and ideas. Scheme ideas. Doug doesnít strike me as a tyrant. Iím pretty sure an OC here does everything except call plays and thatís why groh was such a mess.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,057
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Not really. Otherwise the offense wouldnít have taken the play calling dip when reich left and groh took his place

    OC May not call the plays here but an OC will definitely be heavily involved with weekly game planning/ scheming. In game advice and ideas. Scheme ideas. Doug doesnít strike me as a tyrant. Iím pretty sure an OC here does everything except call plays and thatís why groh was such a mess.
    Eagles wereranked 12 in ppg, 4 on 3rd downs, 4 on first downs, and 2 in time of possession. All of this with no WR's and decimated offensively by injury. Doug knows what he's doing as far as that stuff is concerned.

    It's more important to get Carson "his" guy. That's where this team will benefit most.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,578
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Eagles wereranked 12 in ppg, 4 on 3rd downs, 4 on first downs, and 2 in time of possession. All of this with no WR's and decimated offensively by injury. Doug knows what he's doing as far as that stuff is concerned.

    It's more important to get Carson "his" guy. That's where this team will benefit most.
    Doug is great, he still needs another good mind to bounce off of

    And those arenít things that need to be chosen over the other. We can do both

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Every move they make needs to be Carson-friendly. They've done him dirty for too long lol.
    Agreed

    Your baby can't do this

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    86,057
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Doug is great, he still needs another good mind to bounce off of

    And those arenít things that need to be chosen over the other. We can do both
    Agreed, I'm just not concerned with getting someone in right away.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Doug will call the plays so it's basically by title only. I'm not too concerned.
    Right. Doug will call the plays but he needs help scheming a game plan during the week. I feel like one of the things that has been lacking in the last couple of years is their offense in the first half. Thatís on game planning. Doug needs strong voices to help him come up with ideas, especially in the passing game.

    Your baby can't do this

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    34,246
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Agreed, I'm just not concerned with getting someone in right away.
    Itís not a huge deal but if Doug and the new OC can sit down and watch film together on prospects so that they can come with ideas leading up to the draft, itíd be better.

    Your baby can't do this

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •