Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 134 of 134
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,431
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Cook has 55 risking yards... In his last two games combined. That shoulder injury is making him completely ineffective. Vikings shouldn't play him for the next week or two
    Denver also has a very good defense, and he only played one half tonight. Also has 60ish receiving yds over those 2 games.
    I wouldn't be upset if they gave Alexander Mattison some extra run the next 2 weeks though. Detroit and LAC should be winnable without him.
    Vikings need Thielen back, and badly need to fix their swiss cheese defense.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    340
    Unfortunately mistakes cost us what would of been are best performance of the season. Should of blown them out. O-line looked dominant. Big holes all game. If ziggy ansah is revitalized we might secretly have a top 5 dline. I can live with the wilson interception. It felt fluky. But that mcdougal blown coverage was unacceptable. But either way youre starting to see people make plays outside of russell.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    107,756
    vikings played well and russ made a few mistakes late....that being said and it might not be fair but its def true....nobody thought they would win this game because cousins doesnt have it in him

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    vikings played well and russ made a few mistakes late....that being said and it might not be fair but its def true....nobody thought they would win this game because cousins doesnt have it in him
    I agree with russ makin some uncharistic plays. But cousins did great tonight.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    107,756
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I agree with russ makin some uncharistic plays. But cousins did great tonight.
    he had the ball down 4 and went 3 and out.......................... sorry

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,095
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he had the ball down 4 and went 3 and out.......................... sorry
    Firstly, that was no 3 and out, first play was a long completion to Rudolph, then a catchable pass to Diggs, and a completion to Mattison, If you want to fault Cousins on that drive it would be his choice on that 4th down play where he went deeper than he needed to with Mattison seemingly open for enough for the 1st in front of him.

    So....hard to say Cousins was really any part of the problem tonight. He took no sacks, the pick was on Diggs, who had multiple targets he shouldn't have missed.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,095
    I'm surprised nobody in the booth or here questioned that FG at the end of the game.
    Why did Seattle kick it?
    The clock was running, the Vikings were out of time outs....they kicked at 21 seconds, which then stopped the clock and they had to kick to the Vikings. Had they simply run a play and gained nothing, even with the clock stopping on a change of possession, it's Vikings ball at about their own 20 with 20 seconds and no time outs. Instead they kick and run the risk of a block return TD, or just a block/fumbled snap and Vikings ball in better field position.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm surprised nobody in the booth or here questioned that FG at the end of the game.
    Why did Seattle kick it?
    The clock was running, the Vikings were out of time outs....they kicked at 21 seconds, which then stopped the clock and they had to kick to the Vikings. Had they simply run a play and gained nothing, even with the clock stopping on a change of possession, it's Vikings ball at about their own 20 with 20 seconds and no time outs. Instead they kick and run the risk of a block return TD, or just a block/fumbled snap and Vikings ball in better field position.
    So turnover on downs and be up 4 then give the other team the ball or kick the FG and be up 7, then take time off the clock with the kickoff and give the other team the ball.

    Being up 7 made the most sense. Not everyone is 46 year old Vinatieri, kick 6's are pretty uncommon.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19,140
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm surprised nobody in the booth or here questioned that FG at the end of the game.
    Why did Seattle kick it?
    The clock was running, the Vikings were out of time outs....they kicked at 21 seconds, which then stopped the clock and they had to kick to the Vikings. Had they simply run a play and gained nothing, even with the clock stopping on a change of possession, it's Vikings ball at about their own 20 with 20 seconds and no time outs. Instead they kick and run the risk of a block return TD, or just a block/fumbled snap and Vikings ball in better field position.
    Because being up by 7 with 20 seconds left is infinitely better than being up by 4 with 20 seconds left?

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    31,568
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm surprised nobody in the booth or here questioned that FG at the end of the game.
    Why did Seattle kick it?
    The clock was running, the Vikings were out of time outs....they kicked at 21 seconds, which then stopped the clock and they had to kick to the Vikings. Had they simply run a play and gained nothing, even with the clock stopping on a change of possession, it's Vikings ball at about their own 20 with 20 seconds and no time outs. Instead they kick and run the risk of a block return TD, or just a block/fumbled snap and Vikings ball in better field position.
    Being up 4 means that the opposition can pull a Dolphins vs Patriots against you. Being up 7 means that if the opposition pulls a Dolphins vs Patriots against you, you probably have OT... Unless they are daring enough to go for 2.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    340
    I don't see how anyone outside of Skip Bayless can look at that game and blame Cousins. The Vikings front 7 got manhandled. He delivered some great passes with pressure in his face. He never gave up even when they were down 17 in the 4th. He's an easy scapegoat, but he was the only consistent factor on the Vikings team last night. While missing 2/3 of his best targets.

    He gained some respect from me last night. That's for sure.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,095
    there wouldn't have been 20 seconds left once they'd run a 4th down play....and converting would've made it a moot point............I'm just suggesting the likelihood of another Minneapolis Miracle was far less than the likelihood something went horribly wrong on a FG attempt

    ....or more so suggesting it's odd to me the topic didn't even occur to the announcers........tho I'll admit, I do my very best to tune out Booger Freaking McFarland....gawd the guy is annoying
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,095
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I don't see how anyone outside of Skip Bayless can look at that game and blame Cousins. The Vikings front 7 got manhandled. He delivered some great passes with pressure in his face. He never gave up even when they were down 17 in the 4th. He's an easy scapegoat, but he was the only consistent factor on the Vikings team last night. While missing 2/3 of his best targets.

    He gained some respect from me last night. That's for sure.
    I don't see how any network still gives Skip Bayless a microphone, to be honest.
    And yeah, I'm not Kirk's biggest fan OR enemy, but he wasn't the reason the game wasn't a Vikings win......but the scenario about him will continue regardless....'he can't win in Prime Time', 'he can't beat good teams'....there was basically only 1 play all night I wish he'd done differently....their last play on offense when it appeared he had a guy open for the short gain needed to get a 1st and he opted to go longer. Otherwise, Diggs missed passes he normally doesn't (yes, one was behind him...Kirk's fault), and the pick was more on Diggs than Cousins (was Diggs interfered with?)....and the front line didn't look right against the run (was Joseph really not healthy enough to come back yet?)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    there wouldn't have been 20 seconds left once they'd run a 4th down play....and converting would've made it a moot point............I'm just suggesting the likelihood of another Minneapolis Miracle was far less than the likelihood something went horribly wrong on a FG attempt

    ....or more so suggesting it's odd to me the topic didn't even occur to the announcers........tho I'll admit, I do my very best to tune out Booger Freaking McFarland....gawd the guy is annoying
    It was 4th and 6th from the 18. Teams kick the FG there, 100% of the time. Its simple situational football.

    Why go for it then give the other team the ball where a touch down beats you?

    How much time left on the clock do you think, in your opinion it would've made sense to kick the FG and make it where a TD can't beat you off one big play?

    Or how far did the down to convert have to be where it's statistically improbable to go for it, do you think, in your opinion it would've made sense to kick the FG and make it where a TD can't beat you off one big play?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •