Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Now that Hall was dealt for a 1st Rd pick, a 3rd Rd pick that becomes a 2nd if Arizona wins 1 playoff round or signs Hall to a contract extension and a 1st Rder if both are accomplished plus 3 prospects. What will Chris Kreider bring?
    Likely a first and a young roster player or prospect. Same as Hayes I would say. As for when though, I wonder if this trade opens the floodgates or if nothing else comes until February.

Now that Kovalchuk has been released by the Kings, I wouldn’t mind letting him fill in at LW/PP2 triggerman for the rest of the year. Let him play with Chytil and either Buchnevich or Kravtsov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that Hall was dealt for a 1st Rd pick, a 3rd Rd pick that becomes a 2nd if Arizona wins 1 playoff round or signs Hall to a contract extension and a 1st Rder if both are accomplished plus 3 prospects. What will Chris Kreider bring?
    Still believe and hope it's a Hayes type deal.

Darren Dreger on the insider trading segment said he’s hearing Kreider would get a 1st and a mid level prospect. I know he’s no Hall but that’s a really big drop from what the Devils just got for Hall.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Darren Dreger on the insider trading segment said he’s hearing Kreider would get a 1st and a mid level prospect. I know he’s no Hall but that’s a really big drop from what the Devils just got for Hall.
    He is a really big drop in a player, I'm not a Hall fan but he was the Hart trophy winner and roughly a point a game player, kreider isnt even close. If we get a Hayes like return I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He is a really big drop in a player, I'm not a Hall fan but he was the Hart trophy winner and roughly a point a game player, kreider isnt even close. If we get a Hayes like return I'll be happy.
    Same here,the maddening thing with #20 is I feel he has the tools to be one of the top wingers in the NHL,but those flashes are far and few in between

Former Rangers coach, Tom Tortorella HATED Chris Kreider #20 because he had the size, skill and strength but never the will to play hard consistently. I just don't think Chris fits the talent around him right now.

The Rangers are in a unique position. With Strome, Lemieux, Kreider about to be FAs. They have to commit to what is the highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Former Rangers coach, Tom Tortorella HATED Chris Kreider #20 because he had the size, skill and strength but never the will to play hard consistently. I just don't think Chris fits the talent around him right now.

The Rangers are in a unique position. With Strome, Lemieux, Kreider about to be FAs. They have to commit to what is the highest priority.
    John Tortorella hasn’t been the coach here for the last six years. Kreider is not the same player or person he was, then in his rookie season. Kreider only played 49 total games under Torts between the run to the ECF and the lockout shortened season following, so he almost certainly didn’t hate him. That would be like Quinn being pissed that Kakko isn’t a superstar yet. Since then, he’s become one of the leaders of this franchise to the point that if he weren’t definitely being traded, many would be happy with him wearing the “C” on his sweater. It’s real easy to criticize a player’s will from the couch or the stands.

I’m pretty confident that their desire to sign him or lack there of, has less to do with the cap number he’s being projected to demand and more to do with the term they would be responsible for that cap number. This suggests the team isn’t worried about his current ability or production, but is worried about his ability to sustain that level over the life of the contract, mostly due to the physical nature of his style of play. That same style is why I imagine he’s very streaky. It’s probably difficult to maintain the way he plays over the course of 82 games (plus playoffs, which he’s played in every season except the last one). The NHL season is taxing for even the most elusive players let alone one that plays the way he does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We really need Kakko to start coming ahead, and we need Kravtsov to become something or this rebuild will have stalled big time.

Lias Anderson has asked for a trade, walked away from the wolfpack

Darren Dreger is also saying that Edmonton has also resisted trading Puljujarvi straight up,for Andersson.

Nor should Edmonton take Lias Andersson. Recent AHL game exposed his lack of explosive speed. He basically got caught by a tailing lumbering defenseman while on a clean breakaway. The book on this kid is the fact, he NEEDS to increase his speed which is why he was sent to the AHL.

Gorton won't get much for him.

Lias might want to ask for that Silver medal that he chucked in the Juniors.

Rangers need a win desperately. December has been largely disappointing. How the Rangers finish makes me wonder whether the Rangers will make moves to improve or tank.

Ducks maybe a little winded after tussling with the Isles? No matter. Rangers kicked butt after...

After...In attendance, the crowd was getting frustrated with reckless cross ice passes that get picked off. Finally Chytil CHARGES to the net and 1-0. After Howden makes it 2-0 Kreider charges the net again, 3-1 Rangers.

The Rangers overthink it in stretches, which to no surprise they were 0-5 "powerless play."

Chytil's knee is a question going into the game against Philly.

Philip DiGuseppe was called up in case Chytil can’t go.

Basically I think Gorton will have to look for another teams poor performing player. i.e. Eeli Tolvanen, Puljujarvi, Josh Ho-Sang, Kostin Klim or Casey Middlestadt—someone along those lines. Yes, Edmonton has resisted making a one for one deal with Puljujarvi but sooner or later he’s gonna have to be dealt and he has shown he will not come over here unless he gets dealt to a team of his choosing—pretty much putting Edmonton in a tough spot—either deal me and get something for me or I’ll stay here and you get nothing for me. The others have all underwhelmed, tho’ Middlestradt has had some time in the NHL.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-23-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Lias Andersson couldn't get more than 9 min per game from Quinn. Ho Sang won't even get 1 min.

I would love, LOVE Puljujarvi to come to the Rangers in a trade but Edmonton already said, "Get lost!" to Gorton when he proposed Lias Andersson for Puljujarvi swap months ago.

Right now, Lias Andersson's stock is worthless. Gorton has to figure out a way to bring up his value.

Meanwhile....

That game in Philly was EMBARRR-ASSING. Kevin Hayes scored in the 3rd, going up 2-1 with 3 min remaining in the 3rd. Less than 2 min later, it's 4-1 Flyers.

Going into Christmas, the Rangers HAVE to look inward and decide who they are: Rebuilding or a contender?

These huge collapses are disconcerting.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast