Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Rangers came out and spanked Vegas, which avenged their loss at the Garden. This is the vision of the team that is full of deadly offensive talent. Like a gatling gun, seemed as if every thing was firing on all cylinders.

Kravtsov being sent down to the VHL was interesting. Maybe he should have went to Hartford instead of the KHL.

Andersson finally had a break out game after struggling. I still have hopes. He's a kid. He's got time to develop.

Forgarty Can’t possibly be any worse than Mczkegg and Haley. Howden hasn’t impressed me in any way, still gets play time because he’s Quinn favorite—like I said he’s 6’3” which makes hm bigger than both McKegg and Haley, and he’s a righty. I’d even take Lettieri over the both of them, at least he’s shown he can be an adjitator and is always aroundd the net.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-09-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Yeah. Quinn wants to play that old school big, gritty clutch and grab style. You can't have it both ways when the offense is filthy rich.

Howden is sadly the Rangers' best face off man. He should be sent down to the AHL. Reality is, the Rangers prefer to use him as a 3rd line Center and keep Strome as part of the second line.

True, I'd like a little more size on the defense after Staal, Skjei and Smith are gone. K'Andre Miller will take some of the burden. Undersized Hajek gets too manhandled for a stay at home defenseman. Gotta be able to handle 6'4" power forwards in the NHL to be a defenseman. Rangers allow too many guys to get position on them.

Hajek is the same size as Trouba—he may just be a doughy 204 and may just need to be put on a workout/training schedule in the off season to get stronger. But Rykov should be on the way, just came off the IR, we’ll see once he’s healthy what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Hajek is the same size as Trouba—he may just be a doughy 204 and may just need to be put on a workout/training schedule in the off season to get stronger. But Rykov should be on the way, just came off the IR, we’ll see once he’s healthy what he is.
    Trouba is bigger than Hajek, not sure why teams put inflated weights and heights on some guys but this has to be the case here they arent even close imo.

Wednesday: The New York Rangers have placed Ville Meskanen on unconditional waivers for the purpose of a contract termination, according to CapFriendly. Meskanen is in the second year of the entry-level contract he signed with New York in 2018 after going undrafted. He would become an unrestricted free agent should the termination go through.

Meskanen, 24, earned himself the NHL deal with an impressive 44-point season in Finland during the 2017-18 campaign, one that was highlighted by a third-place finish in the goal scoring race. That kind of success in Liiga obviously isn’t a guarantee of it in North America, but Meskanen seemed like he was on a strong development path when he put up 34 points with the Hartford Wolf Pack last season.

Unfortunately, through 20 games this year the young forward has yet to score a goal and has just four assists. Hartford is a deep, talented team that has other top prospects to develop, meaning Meskanen may not have felt like he had the best opportunity. If the termination is completed, it seems likely that he will return to Europe.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.

New York Rangers’s Tweets

New York Rangers
    @NYRangers
    ·
    45m
    OFFICIAL: #NYR have recalled Vitali Kravtsov from Traktor (KHL) and have assigned him to
    @WolfPackAHL

Also Meskanens contract has been terminated.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-13-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Kravtsov is incredibly young and talented. While I don't see this kid making the Rangers for another 1.5 seasons, I think he's going to be dynamic.

What's not dynamic is the Rangers D. Oh how I dream of Staal, Smith, Skjei contracts off the books to the Rangers can sign a BIG, NASTY hitter especially in the neutral zone.

I'm still upset the Rangers lost in LA but the win in San Jose is somewhat redeeming if they can beat the Ducks. A 4 game win streak can go miles in their confidence.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 12-14-2019 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Kravtsov is incredibly young and talented. While I don't see this kid making the Rangers for another 1.5 seasons, I think he's going to be dynamic.

What's not dynamic is the Rangers D. Oh how I dream of Staal, Smith, Skjei contracts off the books to the Rangers can sign a BIG, NASTY hitter especially in the neutral zone.

I'm still upset the Rangers lost in LA but the win in San Jose is somewhat redeeming if they can beat the Ducks. A 4 game win streak can go miles in their confidence.
    We’re going to have some spots to fill after the deadline and assuming he gets his game going over the course of the next two months, there’s a good chance Kravtsov fills one of those spots. And there’s almost zero chance he’s in the AHL all of next season too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough loss yesterday. Had it in our hands and gave up the last minute goal. Then the shoutout goes the wrong way at the end after a lead.

At least they got a point but that hurt.

Skjei has been good after his slow start imo. The day of the big nasty neutral zone hitter on D is gone, nobody takes those chances anymore. I agree we need some grit back there but expecting someone to be a Dion Phaneuf type when he first broke in isnt happening and if they do it they will be pinned to the bench when they inevitably miss the check.
    One thing I will say about our play is that its typical of a young team. What's encouraging is that the highs are pretty good even if the lows are real bad, eventually the lows will disappear as the players mature.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Tough loss yesterday. Had it in our hands and gave up the last minute goal. Then the shoutout goes the wrong way at the end after a lead.

At least they got a point but that hurt.
    Sadly that's a win if Georgiev is in the net.

Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Skjei has been good after his slow start imo. The day of the big nasty neutral zone hitter on D is gone, nobody takes those chances anymore. I agree we need some grit back there but expecting someone to be a Dion Phaneuf type when he first broke in isnt happening and if they do it they will be pinned to the bench when they inevitably miss the check.
    One thing I will say about our play is that its typical of a young team. What's encouraging is that the highs are pretty good even if the lows are real bad, eventually the lows will disappear as the players mature.
    Skjei has been average at best. The last 2 losses on the West Coast are due to failing to anticipate where the puck was going to be. Daredevil has a tighter blind spot than Skjei.

As for teams who hit in the neutral zone, Boston is an example of a team that plays physical and wins. Chara and Bergeron murder guys in open ice. They took out Mika for a month, giving him whiplash for FOOLISHLY tilting his head in the opposition's zone. Washington is another as well. Tom Wilson is a physical power forward.

It can be done.

I think the Rangers will move Lias Andersson. Watching him get catch from behind on a break away during the last Wolfpack game said it all.

Skjei has been average at best. The last 2 losses on the West Coast are due to failing to anticipate where the puck was going to be. Daredevil has a tighter blind spot than Skjei.

As for teams who hit in the neutral zone, Boston is an example of a team that plays physical and wins. Chara and Bergeron murder guys in open ice. They took out Mika for a month, giving him whiplash for FOOLISHLY tilting his head in the opposition's zone. Washington is another as well. Tom Wilson is a physical power forward.

It can be done.

I think the Rangers will move Lias Andersson. Watching him get catch from behind on a break away during the last Wolfpack game said it all.
    Chara doesnt hit in the neutral zone, the guy collapses almost into Rask. I thought we were talking dmen, outside of Chara you never mentioned any Neutral zone crushing dmen. They arent allowed to play that way anymore because it causes too many odd man rushes when you miss the check.

Now that Hall was dealt for a 1st Rd pick, a 3rd Rd pick that becomes a 2nd if Arizona wins 1 playoff round or signs Hall to a contract extension and a 1st Rder if both are accomplished plus 3 prospects. What will Chris Kreider bring?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast