Sat. 14 at Anaheim Ducks 4:00 PM ET
    Mon. 16 vs. Nashville Predators 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 20 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM ET
    Sun. 22 vs. Anaheim Ducks 12:30 PM ET
    Mon. 23 at Philadelphia Flyers 7:00 PM ET
    Fri. 27 vs. Carolina Hurricanes 7:00 PM ET
    Sat. 28 at Toronto Maple Leafs 7:00 PM ET
    Tue. 31 at Edmonton Oilers 9:00 PM ET

After a very promising and much improved November, the New York Rangers decided to sh#t the bed and deliver a complete no-show at the Garden. Where to begin?

1. Mika Zibanejad: Since the 2-3 OT loss in Boston where Mika took a stick to the neck, I noticed he's not playing slot anymore. That totally changes his effectiveness. Tonight the Rangers put in Kreider to be the guy in the slot and it was disastrous. Mika was also terrible on the power play. Sure, there's rust but it's the way that he's being used that scared me.

2. Howden, Hajek, and Smith: Howden and Hajek need to be sent down to work on their skills. Woeful play. Brendan Smith is an STD that the payroll is stuck with.

3. Playing 3 forwards and 1 defenseman on the Power Play: I know it's popular but I've seen this backfire when both teams are at full strength. Defensemen can skate backwards while forwards aren't quite as used to working the angles.

Anyone see Larry Brooks article? He actually has the ballz to say we should trade Buchnevich for Josh Anderson straight up. Really? Is he really stupid? Or is it Quinn using Brooksie to try and put this thought in our heads to see if we buy into it.

Just to clarify, I like Josh Anderson but not for Buchnevich.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-03-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Anyone see Larry Brooks article? He actually has the ballz to say we should trade Buchnevich for Josh Anderson straight up. Really? Is he really stupid? Or is it Quinn using Brooksie to try and put this thought in our heads to see if we buy into it.

Just to clarify, I like Josh Anderson but not for Buchnevich.
    Yea I think Anderson would be a great addition to our forward group especially if (when) we move on from Kreider. Buchnevich however should not be the price paid for such a player. Buchnevich is on pace for 60ish points. His arrow is trending upward. Even if you at some point decide to move on from him, wait until he’s near his peak and has established his value rather than selling before he starts building that value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Brooks doesn't like Russian players. Never has. He talked a lot of sh#t while bragging about Bret Howden. I like Bret but he's nowhere near as talented as all the Russian and Norwegian talent the Rangers accrued.

Coach Quinn has a point. The young Rangers rather lose pretty than win ugly.

Pavel Buchnevich should not be traded. He's sacrificed personal numbers to play the slot. He's set up his teammates with incredible centering passes. He digs the pucks out of the corners. Forechecks. He's still top 4 in pts despite focusing his game more on setting up teammates.

Usually players fighting for a new contract will go all out. I hate to say it but Kreider has given the Rangers very little this season.

Rangers NEED a power forward who will win ugly. That means, taking a beating in front of the crease, screening, working angles for a ricochet, re-direction, etc.

Josh Anderson isnt what we need if we are moving Buchnevich. We have Lemieux who is pretty near a carbon copy of him, imo. If we moved Buchnevich, I would prefer we just move Buch for something else and keep Kreider. For the record I believe we should keep Buch and trade Kreider but if we are moving one do we need to move both? I dont think so. In all honesty though I think if we dont make moves soon we could end up in playoffs, I think we are coming together as a team and starting to play atleast some periods of really good hockey even if we throw up some stinky ones too.

Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts dated Dec.04 had this:

9. Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close.

10. Another Devil on the block is Miles Wood. He has two more years at a $2.75-million AAV, but isn’t as aggressive or edgy as he’s been in the past. Hopefully he gets back there, I liked his game.
    —————
    Of course #9 is interesting but I found #10 interesting as well. Miles Wood is 24, he’s 6’2”, is fast and physical. May just need to be motives. The Devils are a dumpster fire right now having fired their HC, placed their starting goalie on waivers and as we saw this past week not playing as a team, showing no Urgency.
    ——
    I’d like Anderson but not for Buchnevich. The question is what would the price be? What would you guys give up for Anderson?
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-05-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Elliotte Friedman’s 31 Thoughts dated Dec.04 had this:

9. Before the Dec. 1 signing deadline, word is the Oilers re-engaged some of the clubs who had shown previous interest in Jesse Puljujarvi. That includes the Rangers, St. Louis and Tampa Bay. I believe they discussed Lias Andersson with New York, and think Puljujarvi wanted to go there, but things couldn’t close.

10. Another Devil on the block is Miles Wood. He has two more years at a $2.75-million AAV, but isn’t as aggressive or edgy as he’s been in the past. Hopefully he gets back there, I liked his game.
    —————
    Of course #9 is interesting but I found #10 interesting as well. Miles Wood is 24, he’s 6’2”, is fast and physical. May just need to be motives. The Devils are a dumpster fire right now having fired their HC, placed their starting goalie on waivers and as we saw this past week not playing as a team, showing no Urgency.
    ——
    I’d like Anderson but not for Buchnevich. The question is what would the price be? What would you guys give up for Anderson?
    I just actually dont like Anderson as a player, I think he benefitted from playing with good players and now that they are gone he is what he is, a 3rd or 4th line checker. Torts ran him hard in the top 6, he'd never get that anywhere else imo. I might trade Fast for him but that would be as far as I'd go.

Phil Kocher
    @PhilKocher
    On 31 Thoughts this week,
    @FriedgeHNIC
    links Kreider to Arizona:

“...if was [Arizona] too, the other guy, — and they've done deals with the Rangers before — Kreider. They gotta get a scorer. They gotta get somebody who can score."

Interesting.....
    ———————-
    I like the idea of Anderson or Wood as a 4th line enforcer. We need a real heavyweight, both would certainly be an improvement over Haley and take the pressure off Lemieux having to do it.

Rangers win 3-2 in Columbus. Georgiev stopping 47 shots. Um, defense? This team reminds me a lot of the 90s Pens. A team full of snipers but not very good getting back on defense. They'd rather lose 5-6 than win 1-0.

I think it’s the style Quinn wants to play not the personnel we have. He wants the defense to pinch but that leaves a forward at the point and when the opposition breaks out they can’t get back quick enough. Also hate the fact that our players back up and back up till there’s no ice left when the opposition in advancing instead of standing them up at the blue line. No one clears the crease if front of the net either. Just leaves a lot of opportunities for the opposition.

Exciting two games the past two nights, but these guys need to shoot and stop over passing. Too many possible opportunities wasted.

That Lindgren kid with a terrible pass at the end last night led to a loss.

Still fun watching all the youngsters nightly.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Andersson had a good game last night 3 pts, 2 goals & 1 assist.

Fogarty had 4 pts. He has 21 pts. in 24 gms. 6’3” righthanded C/RW. At the very least we should be giving him a shot on the 4th line.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 12-08-2019 at 03:32 PM.

What a performance by G. Dang.

Great win in Vegas.

Andersson had a good game last night 3 pts, 2 goals & 1 assist.

Fogarty had 4 pts. He has 21 pts. in 24 gms. 6’3” righthanded C/RW. At the very least we should be giving him a shot on the 4th line.
    He is a wonderful AHL player but like Letteri cant do it at the nhl level imo...I mean Fogarty

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast