Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Jets @ Bengals

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,670
    There should be at least 5 OL worth being taken in the top 20. Draft capital isnít worth it, the Jets have had 3 consecutive top 6 picks all they have to show for it is 12 wins in 3 seasons.

    PFF had Thomas going in the 9th and Wirfs going 10th.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    There should be at least 5 OL worth being taken in the top 20. Draft capital isnít worth it, the Jets have had 3 consecutive top 6 picks all they have to show for it is 12 wins in 3 seasons.

    PFF had Thomas going in the 9th and Wirfs going 10th.
    I actually want 2 of those first rounders. I want to see us trade up from our hopefully early second to grab another. If Beachum can make this line respectable for 3 weeks plus the opener, imagine what two elite players could do

    I think there are too many T needy teams, I doubt Thomas goes 9
    Last edited by Larry M; 12-04-2019 at 08:12 AM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I actually want 2 of those first rounders. I want to see us trade up from our hopefully early second to grab another. If Beachum can make this line respectable for 3 weeks plus the opener, imagine what two elite players could do

    I think there are too many T needy teams, I doubt Thomas goes 9
    This a deep draft in OL and WR. Trading draft capital would be foolish now with the amount holes this team has.

    Let me put it another way, who on the offensive line would you want to keep for next year?


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    686
    I guess Iíd be willing to give Edoga next year to take another step even though he was getting blown up last weekend..

    And possibly 1 of either Harrison/Lewis Iíd be ok with coming back..

    Iíd like to see 3 or 4 new faces on the line next season, thatís how bad weíve been.

    I would draft 2 players expected to start next year and sign at least 1 big time G, possibly 2..

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    This a deep draft in OL and WR. Trading draft capital would be foolish now with the amount holes this team has.

    Let me put it another way, who on the offensive line would you want to keep for next year?
    I can live with 2 of the following 3: Edoga, Harrison, Lewis
    Assuming our first 4 picks include 3 new linemen or
    Assuming we sign someone like Williams, Castonzo, or Scherff and 2 of our first 4 picks are linemen

    Iím on board with trading next years #1 to get into the mid 1st to grab another one of these prized linemen or someone like CeeDee .

    I think our team is pretty good, on defense I think we need the return of Mosley need a CB like Peters to set the DBs. On offense, Iím in on several positions except oline and #1 receiver and I think those are possible to solve in the draft and if we really wanted to be aggressive, sign someone like A.J. Green

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    I guess Iíd be willing to give Edoga next year to take another step even though he was getting blown up last weekend...
    He didnít play last week, that was Shell getting blown up

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    31,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    He didnít play last week, that was Shell getting blown up
    Edgoga and Beachum? Not Bad
    Shell and Beachum? Yikes.

    I think Edoga becomes a solid OL. Shell is a decent rotational guy. We need a legit LT. If we can't sign or draft one, I bring back Beachum.



    **** off. Where's my title

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Edgoga and Beachum? Not Bad
    Shell and Beachum? Yikes.

    I think Edoga becomes a solid OL. Shell is a decent rotational guy. We need a legit LT. If we can't sign or draft one, I bring back Beachum.
    Drafting OL in the 1st round is a bad idea.

    You will leave your defense exposed again, by giving QBs all year to throw the ball.
    This team will not win without a passrush.

    Plus there is very little seperating OL in the 1st round and OL going day 2.

    There are only 2 maybe 3 true passrushers in the draft.

    One is MUCH easier to get than the other.

    Passrusher in the 1st or another busted season.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    31,475
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Drafting OL in the 1st round is a bad idea.

    You will leave your defense exposed again, by giving QBs all year to throw the ball.
    This team will not win without a passrush.

    Plus there is very little seperating OL in the 1st round and OL going day 2.

    There are only 2 maybe 3 true passrushers in the draft.

    One is MUCH easier to get than the other.

    Passrusher in the 1st or another busted season.
    I love a pass rusher in the first. We have a second and two, high thirds for OL.

    I doubt we are in a position to get Young and I doubt we trade for him. I think that ship sailed.
    I think we could get a top 7 pick, trade back, get a couple more picks and get Epenesa or Matos

    Simmons from Clemson is an interesting kid. I can see him being a nightmare. He can pass rush and cover.

    I m guessing Gase goes offense.



    **** off. Where's my title

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Drafting OL in the 1st round is a bad idea.

    You will leave your defense exposed again, by giving QBs all year to throw the ball.
    This team will not win without a passrush.

    Plus there is very little seperating OL in the 1st round and OL going day 2.

    There are only 2 maybe 3 true passrushers in the draft.

    One is MUCH easier to get than the other.

    Passrusher in the 1st or another busted season.
    I disagree.. The Brick and Mangold draft was arguably our best draft of the last 20 years. A franchise Left Tackle is as close to equal of commodity as a Pass Rusher. I donít think there is much debate that our O line is the weakest link on this team.

    If Chase Young was there I would absolutely be cool with taking him because heís a generational talent and a canít miss prospect. The other 1st round prospects all have some questions and are not generational talents. Landing a franchise pass rusher is extremely difficult. Usually when they are gonna dominate you are gonna already know before the draft based on their dominant college game tape..

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8,065
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    I disagree.. The Brick and Mangold draft was arguably our best draft of the last 20 years. A franchise Left Tackle is as close to equal of commodity as a Pass Rusher. I donít think there is much debate that our O line is the weakest link on this team.

    If Chase Young was there I would absolutely be cool with taking him because heís a generational talent and a canít miss prospect. The other 1st round prospects all have some questions and are not generational talents. Landing a franchise pass rusher is extremely difficult. Usually when they are gonna dominate you are gonna already know before the draft based on their dominant college game tape..
    Yes a franchise LT is key but it is still easier to find. Even if you dont have a franchise LT, you can win with a quality one. You don't need an elite LT, just one that plays at an above average level will do.

    I'm not saying we shouldn't upgrade the OL, but we can easily do that in FA or day 2 with 3 picks available.

    Also haven't seen him play but supposedly there is a low key good passrusher coming out of UConn with top 10 talent.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Edgoga and Beachum? Not Bad
    Shell and Beachum? Yikes.

    I think Edoga becomes a solid OL. Shell is a decent rotational guy. We need a legit LT. If we can't sign or draft one, I bring back Beachum.
    Agree, Shell is decent. I like Beachum, but we absolutely canít have him starting next year. He is slightly above average and we need elite. We see what Sam (and every other QB) does with time. Whatever it takes, there needs to be a new LT in our future

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,865
    We know we need OL, but the closer we get to the draft more and more people will want defense. If there's a stud LT available with our first pick, we take him over the pass rusher. If not and the pass rusher is an absolute stud, then maybe we take him, but we had better go OL with our next 3 picks.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    48,670
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    We know we need OL, but the closer we get to the draft more and more people will want defense. If there's a stud LT available with our first pick, we take him over the pass rusher. If not and the pass rusher is an absolute stud, then maybe we take him, but we had better go OL with our next 3 picks.
    I would rather they address their offense, both Crosby and Winnovich were drafted in the 4th and 3rd round respectively. So an edge rusher can be had with a mid round pick if the GM has a keen eye.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    540
    I don't see the Jets winning anymore games this season and that includes losing to the Dolphins. Their secondary is decimated along with all the other injuries they have incurred leaves the team without much hope for this year. They will be a much improved team next year by just getting back their players that are on IR.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •