Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    https://www.tsn.ca/sean-couturier-wo...lass-1.1406872

Finally. The recognition he deserves since we saw the potential all those years ago. His splits are insane.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Nikita Soshnikov
    Feel like you missed the joke.
    "2008 WORLD ****ING CHAMPIONS"

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    https://www.tsn.ca/sean-couturier-wo...lass-1.1406872

Finally. The recognition he deserves since we saw the potential all those years ago. His splits are insane.
    awesome. Love the contract. We are set with him, provy, tk, hart,

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Feel like you missed the joke.
    Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    awesome. Love the contract. We are set with him, provy, tk, hart,
    I think we've got the building blocks, but we need one more legit "star" to make this thing work.

Hart is a potential Vezina-caliber goaltender (I've said for years that he's the best prospect I've seen since Price), but I think he's going to need another year or two to really become a top-5/top-10 goaltender.

Provorov is a potential franchise defenseman. At the low-end, I see him becoming another Alex Pietrangelo (minute-eating, top-15 defenseman in the league consistently, occasional top-5 Norris finishes); if he hits his ceiling, I think he has the potential to be a Keith/Doughty/Lidstrom-level defender (point-scoring machine, cerebral magic-eraser defender, all-around top-5 defenseman in the league for 10-15 years, multiple Norris wins)

TK looks like he'll be an elite offensive winger (70-90 points/82 GP), maybe he hits 40 goals a few times.

Couturier is what he is - one of the best centers in the league.

I think if Lindblom becomes a Mark Stone-lite (super intelligent two-way player who can score 50-70 points per season), we have most of the pieces to be a true contender.

Frost blossoming into Giroux 2.0 would be nice, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I think we've got the building blocks, but we need one more legit "star" to make this thing work.

Hart is a potential Vezina-caliber goaltender (I've said for years that he's the best prospect I've seen since Price), but I think he's going to need another year or two to really become a top-5/top-10 goaltender.

Provorov is a potential franchise defenseman. At the low-end, I see him becoming another Alex Pietrangelo (minute-eating, top-15 defenseman in the league consistently, occasional top-5 Norris finishes); if he hits his ceiling, I think he has the potential to be a Keith/Doughty/Lidstrom-level defender (point-scoring machine, cerebral magic-eraser defender, all-around top-5 defenseman in the league for 10-15 years, multiple Norris wins)

TK looks like he'll be an elite offensive winger (70-90 points/82 GP), maybe he hits 40 goals a few times.

Couturier is what he is - one of the best centers in the league.

I think if Lindblom becomes a Mark Stone-lite (super intelligent two-way player who can score 50-70 points per season), we have most of the pieces to be a true contender.

Frost blossoming into Giroux 2.0 would be nice, too.
    ya it would be nice to get another legit star. I don't know how we can do that but it would be nice. The good thing is, since we don't have that legit star coming, we have the depth to make up for it. We have the 4 great defenders and one coming (york), farabee can be another guenztel 2.0, ratcliffe can hopefully be jvr 2.0, patrick, hayes. We have the pieces.

I always said patrick was out x factor. I thought that if he was able to play 3c and work his way up to be a 2c, then we would be a mmuch better team. The only good thing about him being out is that it forced us to have frost up here.

at this point it seems fair to say that patrick has a concussion no?

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    And a bad one at that.

Article he commented on scares me a bit talking about lifestyle changes ... maybe he is allergic to something ... because if he needs lifestyle changes because of a concussion, that is really not good at the age of 21
    Last edited by castan_b; 12-03-2019 at 08:12 PM.

no.

concussions are an acute injury, like a cut or a sprain or a broken bone. what patrick's dealing with is basically scurvy...except instead of old cuts and scrapes re-opening all over his body, it's just happening in his brain.

In other news, the hot streak continues

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    In other news, the hot streak continues
    Phil. ****ing. Myers.

Also: Ghost is good at hockey.
    Last edited by Ace23; 12-03-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Hayes was a beast tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Hayes was a beast tonight.
    Yup...he earned his paycheck.

Couturier was a monster against Matthews.

Provorov was incredible again. Just completely erased so many TOR chances & turned possession up the ice repeatedly.

The entire team is playing well. They have a top notch professional coaching staff and it shows. They need to improve on the power play. The penalty kill has be excellent. This is the best goaltending tandem in 35 years. Now who would sit if Patrick is healthy?

maybe we are a really good hockey team

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast